Ways to get rid of all your loose change. :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ALL people!
So, I have a honeysuckle ton of loose change, like I think most people do. I sorted it all out into plastic bags. Banks here require you to put your loose change into rolls and then write down your personal information on them. I won't do that. The banks will not take loose change even though there is a shortage of it. Oh well.

There is coinstar. But, those are getting hard to find and they charge a fee of about 30%.

Then I remembered that the self check registers take coins. So, why not tie up the line by inserting tens to hundreds of coins instead of bills. I did it today and it worked just fine. It just took a little while. Ha! Ha!

I hadn't used cash in any form, for well over 10 years, until I got rid of my phone a few months ago. Bloody hell man! they make it so hard.
My local pub doesn't take cash nor do the flippin' buses or the Indian takeaway.

If you live in a country where there are liberal gun laws like the U.S. than there's a shotgun shell that allows for the packing of dimes to create what's called Dime Shot. 🤷‍♂️ Could go to your local shooting range and inquire about it. 🤷‍♂️

Office Depot and some dollar stores sell bags of coin rolls like what you'd get at your bank, that's another way to tighten up the clutter.

You can also give your local branch a call and ask to speak to the branch manager, who might be able to give you some practical advice on managing larger amounts of loose change to ready them for deposit.

Personally, I have a small old Christmas Card box that I toss loose change into until I need to clear it out, then I have a glass 24 oz container for each denomination of coin. Whenever they get full, I'll deal with them then.

I'll ignore how dime shot works. But, if you have change that you're done with, there are so many charity options. Eh, but fresia the poor in the winter. They don't need socks or sundries

I'll ignore how dime shot works. But, if you have change that you're done with, there are so many charity options. Eh, but fresia the poor in the winter. They don't need socks or sundries
That's usually what my change goes to. My kid will actually get mad if I don't have change for him to put in the little bins every single time we go to the store. Lol

That's certainly a better thing to do than try your damnedest to make other people's lives harder.
I saw someone make a floor out of pennies 🙈 what a funny room 🙃😅
I actually know someone who did that. My god was it a pain in the ass.

I'll contribute my two cents to the dialog......my bank does take loose change. They have a sorting machine just behind the teller area and the tellers, who know me by name, take my jar of coinage, dump it into the sorting machine's hopper and a few minutes later they return with a printout of the total value which they then pay out to me in paper cash money. I've been doing this twice a year for about ten years or so and get approximately $90 US each time.
I still conduct a lot of everyday transactions with cash.

I hadn't used cash in any form, for well over 10 years, until I got rid of my phone a few months ago. Bloody hell man! they make it so hard.
My local pub doesn't take cash nor do the flippin' buses or the Indian takeaway.
I can’t understand how a business won’t take cash when it says on the notes that it’s legal tender (on our notes anyway). Legally they’d have to accept the cash I’d have thought. I know there is like a 10% obligation limit for coins on an overall bill, which a business can choose to ignore and accept more, but notes, they can’t be refused in storefronts. Buses I can understand.

Anyway, I’m hating how everything is being done to eradicate the use of cash, then the banks and govt will have us nicely in their control, like what’s already happening in places like China with their social credit system, preventing people purchasing travel tickets and other things if they’ve been “naughty” in any way towards govt etc.

As for coins, I still use them regularly in parking meters (but even those are all becoming digital around town) or supermarkets and other businesses. The stopped using 1 & 2 cent pieces years ago. I’m surprised the 5 cents are still in use tbh. I rarely go into banks, because I just hate them for a myriad of reasons, but I do use ATMs often, and transact in cash for many purchases from markets and private sales.

I can’t understand how a business won’t take cash when it says on the notes that it’s legal tender
Mate, the pound sterling's not even legal tender in a good slice of the UK anymore.

According to The Bank of England, a shop owner can choose what payment they accept. If you want to pay for a pack of gum with a £50 note, it’s perfectly legal to turn you down. Likewise for all other banknotes, it’s a matter of discretion. If your local corner shop decided to only accept payments in Pokémon cards that would be within their right too.

Latest posts

Back