What is loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wannabe poet said:
Loneliness is getting out of bed in the morning, hoping time goes by fast enough that you'll be back into that coffin you call a bed in no time. It's spending Friday nights alone watching tv shows and movies you have no interest in.
loneliness is switching your phone off for a week and a half and have only 2 missed calls when you switch it back on, needless to say those to calls are from your dad. loneliness is becoming too familiar with the word that it starts to lose its meaning.

Loneliness is getting a call from someone you know is just using you, but still keeping them on the phone as long as you can just so you are not alone with your thoughts again.
Loneliness is sending messages to people and repeatedly getting ignored. Loneliness is desperation.
Loneliness is drowning in a sea of resentment, it's a dark cloud that follows you everywhere,a dark shadow that consumes you over time.
Loneliness is waking up in the morning and writing a piece on what it's like to be lonely. Loneliness is being in a room full of people and feeling no different than you would home alone with no outside world connections.

Loneliness is anxiety. loneliness is depression. Loneliness is talking to your self so much that your thoughts become like nails scratching on a chalk board. Loneliness is hell.

That hurt to read that. Only because of how true it is.
You have a way with words.

Wannabe poet said:
Loneliness is getting out of bed in the morning, hoping time goes by fast enough that you'll be back into that coffin you call a bed in no time. It's spending Friday nights alone watching tv shows and movies you have no interest in.
loneliness is switching your phone off for a week and a half and have only 2 missed calls when you switch it back on, needless to say those to calls are from your dad. loneliness is becoming too familiar with the word that it starts to lose its meaning.

Loneliness is getting a call from someone you know is just using you, but still keeping them on the phone as long as you can just so you are not alone with your thoughts again.
Loneliness is sending messages to people and repeatedly getting ignored. Loneliness is desperation.
Loneliness is drowning in a sea of resentment, it's a dark cloud that follows you everywhere,a dark shadow that consumes you over time.
Loneliness is waking up in the morning and writing a piece on what it's like to be lonely. Loneliness is being in a room full of people and feeling no different than you would home alone with no outside world connections.

Loneliness is anxiety. loneliness is depression. Loneliness is talking to your self so much that your thoughts become like nails scratching on a chalk board. Loneliness is hell.

truer words have never been spoken

It's human nature to want to interact, but sometimes it not easy and it's a matter of if you want to or not. When one can't interact, it creates loneliness (one of many reasons). I kinda look at loneliness as one's social perception of world, what do you perceive when you look at others, what do they perceives when they look at you. What creates loneliness are negative thoughts associated with the perception. From there those thoughts are what keep one from the ability to connect with another.

It was stated in this discussions, that it's a state of mind and it can actually change one's brain structure. Another way is loneliness can seem beautiful at time, depending on the lens you see it through. To wrap it up the main word is "perception" and possibly if you don't have access to resources that help keep one from loneliness.

Loneliness is an emotional state. This is a state where people experience a disconnection from people around them as well as a deep feeling of emptiness, which renders their present company around them meaningless.

Are you lonely? You are not alone. visit *removed* to learn the practical steps of dealing with loneliness.

I will tell you what it is. It is sitting in your room saturday night or every night. Or sitting in dunkin donuts, or starbucks, or any resturant, park. Day after day, week after week, month after month
At 37 all alone. Not having a person to call to talk to, to join you. Not having a woman to talk to, to join you. That my friend is just a taste of what lonliness is.

Restless soul said:
I will tell you what it is. It is sitting in your room saturday night or every night. Or sitting in dunkin donuts, or starbucks, or any resturant, park. Day after day, week after week, month after month
At 37 all alone. Not having a person to call to talk to, to join you. Not having a woman to talk to, to join you. That my friend is just a taste of what lonliness is.

Amen. (Hugs)

Somnambulist said:
Restless soul said:

Amen. (Hugs)
Thanks. 🤗🤗

Hmmm. Illusion is an instance of a wrong or misinterpreted perception of a sensory experience.
Isn't loneliness just a perception? Because one could feel lonely even when surrounded by the whole world. If it weren't an illusion, it would mean that to be with people would be the solution to loneliness. Means, to solve your loneliness, all you would have to do is get out of your room and your house.

But that is not the case.
Additonally, you could also *not feel lonely* even by being alone.

Thus it is a misinterpreted perception. A modified form of sadness. There are only two basic feelings: Happiness and sadness. Only the *reason* or *cause* for them gives it a different name.

That is why it is hard to get rid of loneliness: Because it is an illusion. You cannot be lonely, how can you be? Think again, it will lead you to other reasons like your self esteem, or negative experiences, or some other fears. But not to an exact cause for it. Some might say, "Death of a relative." Well, then again, it is sadness. Just the cause for it made you name it loneliness.

You can never know how exactly you started to feel lonely OR you cannot know why something can be a reason for you to be lonely. That is the main hint that it is an illusion. Just like a dream: You cannot know how it started, you don't know what it means, you can't know what to do about it, you cannot know when will it end.

But still, loneliness can be cured. I mean, you can get rid of the illusion. But it will lead you to one of the greatest paradoxes, which I won't discuss unless you want me to. Because I don't know whether people even read my posts or not.

Latest posts

Back