What is love?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grundel70

Reaction score
I wrote this a couple months ago while I was in a particually lonley mood.

What is love?

Love is selfless. Their feelings are what matter most, not your own. You live only to serve the one you love.

Love is sacrifice. Their own happiness is what matters, even if it means you must sacrifice your own. If giving them up forever is what must be done, then true love dictates that you must release them forever

Love is substantial. It saturates itself within every fiber of your being. Every move you make, every breath you take, and every heartbeat feels the weight of the feelings you have for them.

Love is joy. Giving love is the purest form of joy any soul could know. Selfless, unwavering love brings joy to your heart, and to the one lucky enough to receive it. Happiness and joy walk hand in hand with love

Love is pain. When your love is rejected, when it is not returned it hurts deeply. Nothing brings more tears than true love. You should rejoice in this pain, for if it really hurts, and if you cannot keep the tears from falling, then you know that your love is true, and that your heart has such a wonderful gift to give.

Love is strength. Nothing can inspire your heart and soul like true love. For love you will move mountains. For love you will travel the vast expanse. For love you will achieve feats that you never thought you could. Love will give you wings and lift you above all else.

I can reflect on so many events in my life, and in the reflection I see so many events before my eyes. I remember the first gentle kiss I shared with my wife, how at home I felt when I held her in my arms. I remember the time we danced to ‘I honestly love you’ by Olivia Newton John.

I remember holding Whitney in my arms as the vet took away her pain. I remember every single tear drop that I shed. The sacrifice I made, giving her up and taking away her pain, hurt me deeply, and still stings to this very day. Through this act I understood what love meant.

There have been so many women in my life. Women that have stirred my soul beyond inspiration. I have fallen in love with all of them, though it was never returned. I have rejoiced, through many tears, as each woman that I have fell in love with has found the happiness they seek, and that they have found someone special who looks at them the same way I do.

The more we share, the more we give of ourselves, the better this world will be. Love is a rare, fickle thing. If you have the capacity to love as deeply as it is written here, and if you have been fortunate enough to receive this gift back from that same person then know that you have a special, precious thing that so many seek, yet so few find.

If you have not found it, then keep sharing it. One day, one special day, it will matter. When you least expect it you will know that your love has touched more people, and has done more wondrous deeds than you could ever imagine. With this your name will forever be sketched upon the fabric of the universe. Through this you will know no greater love.

Latest posts

Back