What is this place for, really?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VanillaCreme said:
I think it's more that some people take words on a screen way too personally. Even when it's not directed at them, or if they take it in a way that was not the original intent, they perceive it to be an attack of some sort. It's one thing to ask for advice or to be able to just talk to some people. But it's something completely different to dive head first into every comment, taking things so personal, that there's no room for anything else to be said. That's when conversations die, and that's when many people feel they aren't welcomed anymore.

These things do happen and are sometimes unavoidable, the key is in having someone actually nip the situation in the bud before it escalates, this is something that doesn't happen on many forums and so you get situations like you have on this very thread as well as others.

Look at this thread, I posted in support of another member, I was attacked for it by The True Callie, I answered her questions, she kept getting more aggressive, more people will jump in and post in support of her all while denying me the same right to defend someone myself just as Callie has done with me.

If you truly want a forum where these situations are minimized you need to stop the fights before they happen, because honestly to me it just seems like a free for all in here especially if you want to target a newbie, in other words the one with the most allies wins.

Monkee said:
These things do happen and are sometimes unavoidable, the key is in having someone actually nip the situation in the bud before it escalates, this is something that doesn't happen on many forums and so you get situations like you have on this very thread as well as others.

It's better when there's someone to nip it in the bud, simply because it's not worth reading pages and pages of people bickering, arguing back and forth. It's very tiring. Unfortunately, this thread has to nipped as well. My apologizes to the OP. Certainly, they didn't expect their thread to end like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back