What made you cry today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She-ra said:
Wrapping my sweet cat up and burying her.

**hugs**

She may not have been old, but try to think what a good life she had with you, however short, compared to what could have been the case for her.

SeaBee said:
Remembering the 5 first years of my marriage while helping my wife packing.

I've been there. Once upon a time, I helped my (now ex) wife pack up her belongings too. I'd love to tell you that it will all be great from here, but chances are you're going to feel worse before you get better.

Don't be too hard on yourself and give yourself time to 'grieve' - eventually you will come to terms with it and be able to move on.

My young girl had a serious meltdown this morning, and this triggered me to cry with her. It was one of those tender moments where all I could do was hold her, let her cry herself out. She's a bruised petal. It's a one day at a time with her.

Just found out my favorite teacher ever back in college died over the weekend.

Finding out that my best friend had been involved in a serious car accident yesterday. As soon as I knew I had to drive to the hospital which is about 15 miles through busy traffic - getting upset and angry with the people in front who driving slowly and in the middle of the road so nobody could overtake. Finally reached the hospital and spent the afternoon at her bedside. She's ok and recovering well, but the cost of the petrol and parking at the hospital means I probably won't be able to afford to visit her again until I get paid, so feeling a bit useless now.

h3donist said:
Finding out that my best friend had been involved in a serious car accident yesterday. As soon as I knew I had to drive to the hospital which is about 15 miles through busy traffic - getting upset and angry with the people in front who driving slowly and in the middle of the road so nobody could overtake. Finally reached the hospital and spent the afternoon at her bedside. She's ok and recovering well, but the cost of the petrol and parking at the hospital means I probably won't be able to afford to visit her again until I get paid, so feeling a bit useless now.

Sorry to hear that they are lucky to have you as their friend I hope they are OK.

What made me cry was going to a Meetup group that I felt didn't go particularly well and I pretty much felt like an outsider, well it wasn't that, it was on the way home replaying some old memories. I remember about 20 years ago I went to a random group on some esoteric subject and when I walked into the room I felt this wave of love and kindness, and I met good people who remained friends until... well basically until most of them died over the years, one in particular was like an adoptive grandmother to me and she died a couple of years ago, I was just realising how I long to have that experience again of walking into a room and just feeling at home but it's proving to be very elusive, and I miss the old crowd very much still it seems :(

SeaBee, I know how it goes with regards to pain and divorce. Just my 2 cents, but I would advise you to make as many changes as you can. Same house, same city, same everything but now just alone in it all only makes it harder with the constant reminders. I'm an example of one that wasn't able to pick up and move though I would have loved to have done so. The sameness of things made it worse then and still does. Also be careful of the rebound syndrome, user types seem to be able to spot sensitive folks going through difficult break ups. Some people seem to move on like it's a mere speed bump, others it knocks down for a long 10 count. Maybe that's because marriage and divorce seem to be expected with some of the younger adults. Hope things go as well as possible for you through this. Best of luck to you.

H3donist, Glad to hear she will be OK, how long do they think she will have to stay in the hospital? Would it be possible to take public transportation to the hospital from where you live? You could at least phone her though, right?

As far as crying, it's often just a song that will do it. The other day it was worrying about my big old dog that has been sick. I freak out completely, get nervous exhaustion and anxiety attacks when I have a sick pet. Luckily, she is better.

I wish I could shed more than Just tears
But that is not allowed
For everything seems so distant
I just don't understand what is this cloud.

Latest posts

Back