What music do you recommend for a lonely guy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skippy said:
haha, yeah, I knew that. Hence "it's all good."

And I just like learning about what music other people like in case I trip across something awesome.

what sort of music are you into? what are your favourite bands?

Well, I really love Radiohead, of course. I also like Sunset Rubdown, Wolf Parade, Arcade Fire, Grizzly Bear, Belle & Sebastian, Neutral Milk Hotel, Flogging Molly, Sufjan Stevens, The Decemberists, Gogol Bordello, Architecture in Helsinki, Bon Iver, and if I don't stop now I'll go on forever. So a lot of indie and alternative stuff with interesting instruments, I guess. Used to be into punk rock and industrial more when I was younger but I've mellowed out with age, ha.

I'll agree wholeheartedly with the recommendations for Radiohead. Muse is rather awesome too.

If you're ever in the mood easy going, chill out music with some electronica then you can't go wrong with Air.

Perhaps it is cliche, but Pink Floyd is worth a listen if you know nothing of them

Also, I'll second Boards of Canada

And now, to shameless plug my last.fm profile... http://www.last.fm/user/FuturePastTense

haha I was at a convention in a really nice hotel, and it was soooo funny because this all these girls were playing the piano. Just the guests at the hotels everywhere we went. After all it was a homeschool convention.

And anyhow, some of the girls got notice, especially if they were pretty. But when a fairly non-attractive guy sat down and started playing phantom of the opera, all these girls started fawning over him.

It was the funniest thing i'd ever seen!

Maybe you should learn an instrument. Like the saxaphone or something. lol.

Here is a quick list of good music by artist and album.

1. Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
2. Alice in Chains - Sap
3. Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
4. Korn - Issues
5. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
6. Evanescence - Fallen
7. Danzig - Danzig 4
8. Marilyn Manson- Holywood
9 Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

My Musical horizons are pretty broad. I listen to everything from metal to classical (except for country. Blech! No offense to country fans). But when I'm feeling especially down I find it's best to listen to something light and uplifting.

Give this a try!

Obviously The Smiths as Mozz is the quintessential lonely guy. But I also like to listen to Yo La Tengo, Sun Kil Moon, Elvis Costello, Sonic Youth, and Pavement to name a few. Also as someone mentioned Elliott Smith and Boards of Canada, they are great too.

Try some Blackfield. Not a famous band, but great and very emotional music. Or No-Man, also very emotional

I just found Luca Turilli yesterday, and if you like Dragonforce you'll love them. They're my new fav neo-classical band. All That Remains is really good for some fast paced metalcore, Escape the Fate and Alesana are good for emo/screamo, Medic Droid is good electronika and so is 3Oh!3, but they're more like hip hop. Animassace is great if you'd like ot hear some good rave music. Matchbook Romance is softer stuff, but a lot of it is pretty depressing. PlayRadioPlay!, Some Reilient K and Scars on Broadway are amazing bands, as is Sense Fail and Silverstein.

Now if you want screamo/techno Sky Eats Airplane is def the way to go, no better screamo/techno than those guys. A Static Lullaby is pretty good as well...Static X is kind of like SOAD, and The Unseen are my fav punk bank, right in front of Anti-Flag and Sum 41. Underoath is also another good screamo band, if you're into it.

I knowthis post has no real order, this is just my advice when it comes to genres. I listen to everything and these are my favs from each style of music..music is my life, I write it, sing it, listen to it and love it....

No music. Itl fresia you up more. Atleast it does for me.

Alex said:
No music. Itl fresia you up more. Atleast it does for me.

That's a prety stereotypical thing to say. Go and listen to All The Above by Maino, it's a very uplifting song. You can't generalise something as broad as music. There is a shitload of inspiring songs out there that can really bring you out of a slump. It all depends on what you find.

Latest posts

Back