Where There Is an Open Mind There Is Always a Frontier

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TropicalStarfish

Reaction score
Can you recall a time you you opened your mind up to something new and were genuinely surprised, in a good way?

I guess the first genuine thing that comes to mind, and it's not a major life changer or anything, but still, was reading a copy of "Chicken Soup for the Soul vol. 3."

I received this book from a family member I hadn't seen in a while. The vast majority of my family is neither intellectually inclined, nor areligious. And probably 95-99% of the stories in this book all have a very strong Christian theme to them. However, I did decide to read the book. I was really blown away by the impact of this book. It really did get me in the, 'feelers,' quite a few times. I went on to finish the book, buy a copy for some one else, and have recommended it to others. And the icing on the cake is, there were some clever stories woven in there, that I was quite surprised to find. Like going to a mexican joint, knowing you don't like Mexican food, but, discovering horchata, in the process, and finding it delightful (and enjoying the music too!). haha

Anywho, what about you? Ever open your mind to something new, to be delightfully surprised?

Yes.
The first time I tried Karaoke.
It always seemed like something I would be embarrassed to do, but the first time I went (which was only a few years ago) it was loads of fun and everyone said I was the best singer of the group. Who knew?

Somehow, the thread title started the Star Trek theme in my mind 😜
Space....the FINAL Frontier...
But yes. All the time. It's how I know I didlike in general far less than I like, in every aspects of life. I'll try anything once, as long as it's not illegal.
Well...eEVEN some of those, but shhh. 😈

Latest posts

Back