What you need to know about Online Dating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman55 said:
bender22 said:
Has anyone else tried Tinder?

I know about Tinder. If it's possible there could be a site that encourages shallowness and selectivity more than actual dating sites, that's the one.

Yes. Tinder has a well-established reputation for being a "hookup" site instead of a relationship site. Tinder is trying desperately to change that image, but that's the image that stuck. Want meaningless sex with someone you will never see again and you don't want to go on Craigslist? Tinder's your choice.

Case said:
Yes. Tinder has a well-established reputation for being a "hookup" site instead of a relationship site. Tinder is trying desperately to change that image, but that's the image that stuck. Want meaningless sex with someone you will never see again and you don't want to go on Craigslist? Tinder's your choice.

The choice for *some* guys--masculine men with social skills and an active lifestyle.

I'm not sure I've even heard of shy/reserved guys hooking-up. Not that I'd be interested--I tend to value plutonic relationships. But I really just don't think it happens.

I've never had any reason to trust online dating.

So I don't. Maybe people get serious in their 30's on there, but I gave up on it in my 20's. If dating will happen, it will happen offline.

That being said, I know plenty of people who meet off of these sites, like on Facebook, meetup.com, or a forum, but not OD.

I had a questionable outlook, at best, on "on-line dating" due to my own personal experiences & some of the horrible stories I've heard... Well, up until today... I heard some great news about 2 people & that sortta renewed my thoughts on it... I understand all the "up hill battles" & difficulties that comes with on line dating... But every so often, something like this happens & makes you think, even for a bit, that it's all possible... When 2 great people meet, I guess it doesn't really matter what it was that brought them together... When it's meant to be, it's meant to be...

Latest posts

Back