What's keeping you up at night...?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought this might be an interesting topic...you know, for the nights when you just can't sleep...why not? what's bugging you?

Actually...it's 10:30pm here, I should be in bed....but in all honesty, I don't want to go. My hubby and I had a fight (wait, let me rephrase that, *I* had a fight...). I felt he was mocking me about something, when I confronted him about it (in tears), he said he did no such thing. Whether it was intentional or not...I *felt* mocked and thus became upset....he rolled over and went to sleep...Great, thanks...

So, i'm pissed off....for no good reason really...it was a stupid thing, I got upset because of a self-esteem issue, I felt he mocked me and wasn't taking me seriously...so, here I am..venting about it..
I'm sure I'll get over it, guess I just needed to type it out to knock some sense into myself

Random sleep patterns I've had for years.
Preoccupation of thoughts
Uneasiness and stress.
Loneliness and depression.
Boredom.
Bad/strange dreams.
Scaring myself with my imagination.

To name a few..

DreamerDeceiver said:
Uneasiness and stress.
Boredom.
Bad/strange dreams.

To name a few..

You win...

What is scary about your imagination?

I'd be up still anyways because I took a nap during the evening but I'm also having sinus issues right now.

Breathe_No_More said:
DreamerDeceiver said:
Uneasiness and stress.
Boredom.
Bad/strange dreams.

To name a few..

You win...

I wouldn't know how to explain this. I have a rather creative imagination, sometimes at night it runs wild and overshadows me.

Okiedokes said:
I'd be up still anyways because I took a nap during the evening but I'm also having sinus issues right now.

Naps certainly are nice.....but not so much when all you wanna do is go to sleep at night :( Sinus issues? are you sick...or is this an ongoing problem?

DreamerDeceiver said:
Breathe_No_More said:
DreamerDeceiver said:
Uneasiness and stress.
Boredom.
Bad/strange dreams.

To name a few..

You win...

I wouldn't know how to explain this. I have a rather creative imagination, sometimes at night it runs wild and overshadows me.

Very interesting...I can see that being the route of said bad dreams..?

Dreamer- had to snoop your profile.

I love Pink Floyd :)

Breathe_No_More said:
Okiedokes said:

Naps certainly are nice.....but not so much when all you wanna do is go to sleep at night :( Sinus issues? are you sick...or is this an ongoing problem?

DreamerDeceiver said:
Breathe_No_More said:
DreamerDeceiver said:
Uneasiness and stress.
Boredom.
Bad/strange dreams.

To name a few..

You win...

Very interesting...I can see that being the route of said bad dreams..?

Dreamer- had to snoop your profile.

I love Pink Floyd :)

Yes naps are very nice for sure... but I should have been smarter about when lol. Oh well though. I am not exactly sure what's causing my sinus issue. It is something that only happens late at night and lasts for an hour or two. I have to sit and blow my nose for all that time too... lol. I am hoping it isn't tooth related but once the swelling goes down, it is pain free.

I don't like sleeping for some reason. I try to avoid it.

We have a nice set of chat rooms up in the right hand corner of the site for those looking for people to talk to during odd hours. :)

because i suck at sleeping. im a light sleeper. i wake up atleast several times a night. it takes me forever to fall asleep because i cant shut my brain off. sometimes i put off even laying down in my bed in the first place because i know that i will be doing so alone.

Just a really late night sort of person. I feel the most productive and alert at night. I suppose the somberness of night also appeals to me - how most others are asleep and here I am alone in my room doing pointless things on the computer instead of sleeping.

Nothing. I got sleep medicine for that, now-a-days. :p

Still...I got lots of worries, actually. Most are work-related, but generally fret over all aches, money loss and loneliness and how I'm coping. I usually put on my sleep CD on my mp3-player and listen to that to drive away the demons in my subconcious.

The thought of when the day comes that my loved ones pass away and how my life is going to become much less meaningful. I've mentioned these problems to my doctor, but he won't prescribe me any sedatives. He says that I can't rely on medication to solve my dilemma. I do understand that my body will eventually build a tolerance to it and require higher doses to achieve the effect the drug provides. Do you agree with his reasoning?

Thought I'd blow the dust off this one, hasn't been used for awhile...

Simple- my job (doing my nightshifts) and I simply like the evening...and the morning...and the days...

It used to be worrying about the future. Whether i'm going to find that special person, get back into work, start a family etc.

I've developed a thing where if I watch anything in bed I drift off in minutes. So it's pretty easy for me to forget the problems now

The fact I have no job. The fact I will soon run out of savings. My failing health. My impending divorce. Tum de dum.

It's not that I don't like people. I love people. But all the time being up daytime is like a sensory overload. I mean at every single moment, in the 100m vicinity, there are hundreds around me, I feel there's more room to me when they're asleep.

Latest posts

Back