What's the point to all of this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

POOP

I keep reading threads in this forum of people saying that they are are depressed and they are thinking about suicide. Some threads are kind of scary. I've also seen "I hate my life"........"My life is meaningless"....... and so on. What a bummer. That's really sad. I think we were all put on this earth to learn. In my mind, the purpose of life is to learn.
what do you think the purpose of life is?

I think yes, we are put on the earth to learn (that would make sense, since when you go to an afterlife, it would be useful to be learned.)

For me though, I think we're here to learn about ourselves more than anything else. We get to know ourselves more and more each day, and by the end, whatever our path may have been, we come into some sort of complete knowledge of ourself. or something like that. maybe we learn about everything through learning about ourselves, and by the end we have amassed so much knowledge that we become one with everything. if that makes sense. which it inherently doesn't.

I think the purpose of life is to get laid and have babies. All these clubs and social events are centered around getting laid. Problem is.........for us lonely people....its just tough to get laid. If we all got laid on a regular basis, we would not be so depressed. At least thats what i think.

The point? Everyday of life I find myself asking this well it seems as if I should say "life is what you make it", "live your life to the fullest" or "today is the first day of the rest of your life". However the problem with that is how can you live your life to the fullest when you don't have the motivation to do so because nothing has ever really panned out in the past? For some today should be the last of their life because they don't know what else to do and don't even have common curiousities anymore. Oh and the whole life is what you make it bullshit, what does that say? It says that if you give everything you got and are still miserable then its your fault, cause that's what you made it. The only real thing worth living for is other people and enjoyment through them. Anyone who doesn't feel noticed or appreciated is miserable, that's why I think everyone needs to create a chain of events that lead to at least someones happiness. If you do the smallest things for people they will notice in a subconcious state and do them back to others which may come back to you. If possible lose all hope without commiting suicide, go as low as you can go with still finding hope somehow and nothing will be that horrible anymore because if you can be happy in hell you can be happy anywhere. Forget you exist for a moment and become everyone else around you, only then will you truly feel the potential of long lasting peace. Care for them and make them feel wanted and loved and that small action will lead to a chain reaction of good will. Cheesy..... but just an observation.

there's no purpose to life.  life is like tag...its so purposeless...there's no point to it...yet its so fun you want to pee your pants trying to dodge the person who's "it"

i think when you come to realize that its like...

"phew!  thats a load off my mind!"

then you could go off and have fun.

the purpose is obviously to have fun! you want awesome memories and to have fun in whatever way that may be whether chain-smoking or getting some it's what you want and if we only learn, how's that gonna make us smile looking back at it? That's a boring life.

Maybe some of us are too intelligent for our own good. It always seems the folks who sit around all do-less watching soaps and eating doughnuts don't really worry about what life is all about or how they live it....Now, there, doesn't that make us all feel better and that is a positive observation. We are too intelligent. lol I am half serious and half joking.

Poop has asked an interesting question but one I think that is not easily answered. Do we search for the meaning of life because it is something so beautiful and intense and demands our participation everyday yet we had no say in its conception? Something else to think about...:D

Mountaingirl, I TOTALLY agree! I think that the average joe is fine with his doughnuts and TV. He doesn't even realize all the levels there are to life. I think so much about everything and feel so much pain for the world. For example, I saw this ad with a bald little kid and the kid had cancer. That messed up my day because I hate to see kids suffering, in pain, scared, or abused.

I saw an empty diet coke can in the median strip today. I imagined how long it will stay there. I figure eventually it will rain hard and wash the can down the hill into a deep ravine. Who knows how long it will stay there? Years? Decades? I think about that lonely, empty coke can. I feel that I am that coke can!

all wt i know we have started the way and we have to finish it , but the matter here is how to walk ? means how to live ? life is always bring questions and not always u find the answer and u have not , love everyone theyll love u back even people who hurt u , human r so so weak u can see that in accidants , hitler is dead nablioon is dead after they changed the world they gone no one stronger than time , and it so so short theres only one thing stretchs the minutes its ur smile which come from ur kind heart ur bright eyes dont be anger with the time because noone could defeat it

Wow... was lying in bed when I realized there IS no point in life. What the heck are we doing? Why are we doing it? When it's done, what good will come of it? Companionship is the key. It's the whole, misery loves company thing. Being alone all there is to think about... is being alone.

Latest posts

Back