What's the point?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
What's the point of a relationship? Can someone explain it to me?

Milk and Cookies.....

If you want a freind, get a dog.
If you want something to love , get a goldfish.
If you want a compaionship get a stuff animal.
If you're contemplating sueicide marry a psycho *****.

Lonesome Crow said:
Yes..If you hate grocery shopping and don't know how to cook.

I don't hate grocery shopping and I can cook. It's not difficult to learn how to cook, seems kind of lazy to want to be with someone so you don't have to.

Jesse said:
Lonesome Crow said:

I don't hate grocery shopping and I can cook. It's not difficult to learn how to cook, seems kind of lazy to want to be with someone so you don't have to.

The point of being in a relationship is: if you are bored and want to get some entertainement, if you want to get drama, a complicated life, if you want to have to compromise and get rid of some of your pleasures, go ahead! get into a relationship.

DakotaDesert said:
Jesse said:
Lonesome Crow said:

The point of being in a relationship is: if you are bored and want to get some entertainement, if you want to get drama, a complicated life, if you want to have to compromise and get rid of some of your pleasures, go ahead! get into a relationship.

Haha yes, exactly. See, there is no point to a relationship.

Jesse said:
DakotaDesert said:
Jesse said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Haha yes, exactly. See, there is no point to a relationship.

I agree, no point at all. I gave up trying to be in a relationship. But I regret that nobody will care for me, nobody will ever be in love with me. That's bad but it seems that it is the price to pay to leave in peace.
Life sucks, don't you think?

DakotaDesert said:
I agree, no point at all. I gave up trying to be in a relationship. But I regret that nobody will care for me, nobody will ever be in love with me. That's bad but it seems that it is the price to pay to leave in peace.

No see, I think you can still be loved or have someone care for you, or you can still love someone and care for them without being in a relationship. I feel that I've been in love before with someone and they were with me too, but we were never b/f g/f.

I don't think all of life sucks, there are certainly a lot of aspects of it that do, but I still find enjoyment in things.

Relationships suck though.

Jesse said:
DakotaDesert said:

No see, I think you can still be loved or have someone care for you, or you can still love someone and care for them without being in a relationship. I feel that I've been in love before with someone and they were with me too, but we were never b/f g/f.

I don't think all of life sucks, there are certainly a lot of aspects of it that do, but I still find enjoyment in things.

Relationships suck though.

I am in a "friends with benefits" stuff right now, and I like it. I am not a relationship person so it works for me. But it sucks anyway. I like it and do not want to change it, but I miss the feelings part of a relationship.

But can't you have feelings for someone without being in a relationship?

Not complicated. I understand what you mean. You want to love and be loved on top of friends with benefits without putting the nasty title of relationship on it. After all you don't try to change your friends do you? I mean you're not a good friend if you're trying to change them. Why should it be any different with the person you love?

Jesse said:
Not complicated. I understand what you mean. You want to love and be loved on top of friends with benefits without putting the nasty title of relationship on it. After all you don't try to change your friends do you? I mean you're not a good friend if you're trying to change them. Why should it be any different with the person you love?

No I take my friends as they are and do not try to change them. I love them for who they are so no point to change them. It is not the same love. With a guy, I am scared to be in love, to be disappointed and to suffer.

DakotaDesert said:
No I take my friends as they are and do not try to change them. I love them for who they are so no point to change them. It is not the same love. With a guy, I am scared to be in love, to be disappointed and to suffer.

Don't worry...it's just heartburn after having milke and cookies.

Lonesome Crow said:
DakotaDesert said:

Don't worry...it's just heartburn after having milke and cookies.

Sorry but I did not get that one.

DakotaDesert said:

Disappointments directly correlate with expectations.

Jesse said:
DakotaDesert said:

Disappointments directly correlate with expectations.

Yes, the expectation to be loved not to be trapped in a relationship.
Everybody wants to be loved by someone, don't you?
But it always end up in drama because when there are feelings the other one expect more than FWB. Or maybe I never met the right guy.

DakotaDesert said:
But it always end up in drama because when there are feelings the other one expect more than FWB. Or maybe I never met the right guy.

Yes, I think you're right, everybody does want to be loved or feel loved by someone. I think the problem is, unconditional love is extremely rare and hard to find. I think that's why relationships fail, because people put conditions on love. I'd like to be loved by someone some day. The chances of that happening are slim. The chances of it being the right kind of love are even less so. I guess the question you have to ask yourself is, is it worth the agony and heartache trying to find it?

For me, right now, the answer is no.

Jesse said:
DakotaDesert said:

Yes, I think you're right, everybody does want to be loved or feel loved by someone. I think the problem is, unconditional love is extremely rare and hard to find. I think that's why relationships fail, because people put conditions on love. I'd like to be loved by someone some day. The chances of that happening are slim. The chances of it being the right kind of love are even less so. I guess the question you have to ask yourself is, is it worth the agony and heartache trying to find it?

For me, right now, the answer is no.

Welcome to the club of the "NO". I give up trying to find it.

Latest posts

Back