When did your lonliness begin to show itself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, mostly when my father passed away. And then loneliness became the friend I never had during that period of time. It was quite.. nice in a way. Because people tend not to know how to deal with you when you're grieving. But it's not like I was sulking about it or whatever, I was behaving normally. Oh well.

ladyforsaken said:
Hmm, mostly when my father passed away. And then loneliness became the friend I never had during that period of time. It was quite.. nice in a way. Because people tend not to know how to deal with you when you're grieving. But it's not like I was sulking about it or whatever, I was behaving normally. Oh well.

Interesting, LadyF. While I mentioned my divorce as the thing that triggered my loneliness, I really should have added my Mom passing away too, because they both happened in the same year. Hmm.

But you are right about grieving. The only people who knew what to say to me after my Mom died were people who had lost parents or siblings themselves, and so they could tell me that they all knew how it felt. It was incredibly comforting, actually. Everyone else was just scared to say the wrong thing to me, I guess.

Case said:
ladyforsaken said:

Interesting, LadyF. While I mentioned my divorce as the thing that triggered my loneliness, I really should have added my Mom passing away too, because they both happened in the same year. Hmm.

But you are right about grieving. The only people who knew what to say to me after my Mom died were people who had lost parents or siblings themselves, and so they could tell me that they all knew how it felt. It was incredibly comforting, actually. Everyone else was just scared to say the wrong thing to me, I guess.

Exactly, you're right on that. I'm sorry that you had to go through such difficult times in the same year. :\

Nicolelt said:
My loneliness has come and gone through out my life. But recently, it was when I got dumped, and I realized I had no one to go do anything or talk with anymore.

If you want to talk to someone I can listen..I also have no one to talk to..I know the feeling..

Nicolelt said:
My loneliness has come and gone through out my life. But recently, it was when I got dumped, and I realized I had no one to go do anything or talk with anymore.

I think the same applies to me - lonely at different times. I've had serious boyfriends, and then break-ups which caused severe loneliness. I would come out of it when I met another man.

I'm sorry Nicole about your recent set-back. Hopefully, another nice person will come along who like just as well or even better.

I remember being alone all the time as a child... And I remember feeling free... Not that my parents didn't care, but they allowed me to explore as much as possible when I was growing up... I don't remember any particular age when I felt lonely but I do remember being more often than not... It's been like that all my life... My mom tells me that even as a baby, everytime she'd pick me up out of the crib, I started crying & when she put me back in it, I'd calm down... She'd leave me alone for hours on end & only time I made any type of noise or fuss was when I was hungry & my diaper needed changing... She even took me to the hospital when I turned 2 because she thought I had a development problems, always going off on my own & not really "talking", guess she meant those baby talks... But then again, I've had few long term relationships... Girlfriends I've had always understood about my personality & they've given me plenty of room when I needed it...

Latest posts

Back