whenever i speak, everything screwed up

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyro

Reaction score
it seems like my brain is working differently than others i usually encounter. when i speak/comment on something, even though i thought it was just neutral opinion, people take it like "wtf are you thinking!?" and -if it's on internet- started bashing me. i stopped speaking my minds years ago because of this. so far it's fine, but sometimes it's kinda lonely. do you have the same problem? (i imagine many people here do : p)

yeah, i have that problem...

i like speaking my mind to other people, but i pick my spots because i know that 9 out of 10 times, they'll react in a way that insults me or my intelligence. it's like, we live in the USA, and we have the freedom of speech, but we're chastised whenever we speak our minds... i don't get it...

Pyro said:
it seems like my brain is working differently than others i usually encounter. when i speak/comment on something, even though i thought it was just neutral opinion, people take it like "wtf are you thinking!?" and -if it's on internet- started bashing me. i stopped speaking my minds years ago because of this. so far it's fine, but sometimes it's kinda lonely. do you have the same problem? (i imagine many people here do : p)

Yea, I know what you mean. I say something about what I'm thinking, then wish I could take it back. I just want people to like me for me! Know how you feel! this is how I feel a lot of the time. :club: Being bashed!

I don't have that problem, I just keep my mouth shut unless something really does need to be said, and if they don't like it too bad. I know others who do have that problem, and I'm sometimes surprised, is there a thought process before you speak or does it just come out? I don't intend that to sound rude, internet and all can't distinguish tone of voice, lol!

I can be in a conversation, not say anything for long, and then saying something completely opposite of what the people have agreed upon. I don't get bashed for it if I can back up my claims. I guess it depends on who you are talking with.

Pyro said:

With some topics, it can be a difficult conversation if you speak honestly. When you're getting to know people, its more of learning about them as opposed to them learning about you. at first, any convo should be kept simple. Learning about them and their thoughts, there opinions, etc. Usually, any radical opinion given will naturally freak out people. You'd need to ease people into your style. Eventually (if they can be won over) they will come to know you and a few odd comments won't be as big a deal, maybe even expectant. Maybe you can even find a few like minded individuals.

Small talk about useless honeysuckle usually works well. You likely won't be getting any "wtf are you thinking!?" with those.

And if you want to get into a debate. You've got to learn to spot the blowhard ********. They'll usually settle on the great technique of insulting you to back up their retarded claims. If you ever spot one of those; go elsewhere and tell him to fresia himself for the good of humanity.

Latest posts

Back