Where my workaholics at??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grainofrice24 said:
Both. Sometimes the job demands it. That and at least im being productive and getting stuff done. That way there's something I can be proud of. "grainofrice gets honeysuckle done". Compared to at home where grainofrice is in a big room with nobody to talk to wishing he was dead.

It's not because I love my job...believe me!!

If the job demands you regularly do that without renumeration then you're being exploited.

Seriously> no interests, hobbies?... nothing at all roboman?

rdor said:
grainofrice24 said:
Both. Sometimes the job demands it. That and at least im being productive and getting stuff done. That way there's something I can be proud of. "grainofrice gets honeysuckle done". Compared to at home where grainofrice is in a big room with nobody to talk to wishing he was dead.

It's not because I love my job...believe me!!

If the job demands you regularly do that without renumeration then you're being exploited.

I got hobbies, but hobbies aren't as fulfilling. Some of them just bring up bad memories. And as far as being exploited, it's always nice to feel needed...

It sounds like the job is giving you a sense of purpose in your life then.

I do think working up to double your paid hours is them taking advantage of you if they never offer to pay you. I hope you get a good bonus for your commitment.

I have been there in the same scenario so understand why you do so.

In the end I just said to myself 'am I working to live or living to work'.

Got tired of being tired - so Coffee - jars of it !

I like my job its advanced I.T. work but of course good and bad, bad being boss is a jerk! but I feel ok most days cause everybody knows he is a jerk :-0

monkeysocks said:

I do think working up to double your paid hours is them taking advantage of you if they never offer to pay you. I hope you get a good bonus for your commitment.

It's currently my only purpose in life. I do some things on weekends like go shopping and out with friends when I can...but I am definitely living to work.

And they say I gotta do this for 40 more years?!? I'll never make it!! Not alone! I need someone to be my reason for living, because this living for work can't last forever.

grainofrice24 said:
rdor said:

I got hobbies, but hobbies aren't as fulfilling. Some of them just bring up bad memories. And as far as being exploited, it's always nice to feel needed...

Feeling needed isn't the same as being exploited. Most of the people who have actually hired me have been the ones to exploit me. Same reason, I wanted to feel needed.

But I want to have money to buy what I want, and have a roof over my head too. You decide I need to get up at 3am to do a 15 hour drive, and you aren't gonna give me full-time wages or full-time hours, you'd damned better let me find my own filler jobs, and not throw a hissy fit because I won't work for less money on one extra day you want me.

Currently working for nobody in particular, except a guy who pays me $10 an hour to do his gardening. It's really not much, but I don't feel like being rejected anymore, and don't trust myself in a desperate state not to take the first job offered, even if it's a lousy deal.

grainofrice24 said:
monkeysocks said:

It's currently my only purpose in life. I do some things on weekends like go shopping and out with friends when I can...but I am definitely living to work.

And they say I gotta do this for 40 more years?!? I'll never make it!! Not alone! I need someone to be my reason for living, because this living for work can't last forever.

@grainofrice24

I know where you coming from life is a journey that feels so good with two or even a family. have you tried the dating websites?

I know where your coming from I like my work but dont like my boss and some of the people. But I like and love the love of a good sweet! woman. I live for the evenings and weekends. I just broke up with my girl she turned out not to be a woman of integrity. So I am not going to just sit around I am back on the websites looking for just 1 sweetheart I am not a player. Just want some1 good woman to love me. I am blessed that I picked Atlanta :) to live its been a interesting 10 years, the ratio is about 8 to 1 so my x is probably second guessing herself right about now :)

anyway grainofrice24 find your mate and dont be too picky find someone you can talk to. peace I'm pulling for you.

arcolino said:
grainofrice24 said:
monkeysocks said:

@grainofrice24

I know where you coming from life is a journey that feels so good with two or even a family. have you tried the dating websites?

I know where your coming from I like my work but dont like my boss and some of the people. But I like and love the love of a good sweet! woman. I live for the evenings and weekends. I just broke up with my girl she turned out not to be a woman of integrity. So I am not going to just sit around I am back on the websites looking for just 1 sweetheart I am not a player. Just want some1 good woman to love me. I am blessed that I picked Atlanta :) to live its been a interesting 10 years, the ratio is about 8 to 1 so my x is probably second guessing herself right about now :)

anyway grainofrice24 find your mate and dont be too picky find someone you can talk to. peace I'm pulling for you.

Thanks boss, I appreciate the advice and words of encouragement. I try not to be picky, and I don't think I am, my head is just a little screwed up from a past I'd like to forget, and a future I'd rather not think about. Makes it hard to think anybody could be happy with me. But giving up has never been an option...on with the struggle!!

Cheers, and best of luck!!

grainofrice24 said:
arcolino said:
grainofrice24 said:
monkeysocks said:

@grainofrice24

Thanks boss, I appreciate the advice and words of encouragement. I try not to be picky, and I don't think I am, my head is just a little screwed up from a past I'd like to forget, and a future I'd rather not think about. Makes it hard to think anybody could be happy with me. But giving up has never been an option...on with the struggle!!

Cheers, and best of luck!!

dude u have to put all that old stuff down, dont go on there trip when they offer bs, that what my x tried to do, I knew right away she is the one with the issue, not me so I can put my feelings aside and say with all honesty she is full of crap :) I am not a fool I live and learn, I keep myself in shape I am actually down to two meals a day and dont miss the third one was eating out of habit I still look and feel good for my age. be different from the rest and be cool just like us there are lonely women with the same mind set. if you need to get in shape join the gym or take up a sport and take your time and have fun getting into shape, u will have fun along the way and may meet someone along the way. this is the first time I feel so strong after a breakup. I told her how I felt and I feel strong for that I did not give her my power! :) I do not need someone who is not going to value me as much as I value them its a two way street. I am so over her already I feel so good :) it would be good to talk on the phone from time to time, I would like a friend I can talk too from time to time.

grainofrice24 said:

Goodness you sound so much like me - working is my purpose in life, too, but I need something else. Here I am, the one person who actually wants to be at work, yet I somehow get the short-end of the stick and given the fewest hours this next week. It's honestly sad to know that I worked two weeks straight through Christmas, filling peoples shifts because they called in for parties or whatever... and I am shown zero appreciation. Work is my purpose, but I cannot continue the rest of my life being shown zero appreciation either.

Rox2 said:
grainofrice24 said:

Goodness you sound so much like me - working is my purpose in life, too, but I need something else. Here I am, the one person who actually wants to be at work, yet I somehow get the short-end of the stick and given the fewest hours this next week. It's honestly sad to know that I worked two weeks straight through Christmas, filling peoples shifts because they called in for parties or whatever... and I am shown zero appreciation. Work is my purpose, but I cannot continue the rest of my life being shown zero appreciation either.

sounds like you need to back away from being the one they know deep in there minds will cover, u understand your taken for granted.

I make work fun. Doesn't matter what I'm doing and who I am doing it with, I will enjoy work when I have it :D

ASnowyCanadian said:
Crusher labourer 7-7 outside in the cold. Takes an hour to get there . Wake up at 4:30 gey home at 8:30 mon-fri

sounds like you need to change professions, have you thought about getting a degree or a cert in a technical field. It will save your back

ASnowyCanadian said:
My back is already messed up. Im omly 20 years old. I dont really want to go bsck to school.

dude trust me its only going to get worse, there is no future in jobs like that, pick something you really like to do and get educated in it. they have 2 year programs 6 month programs u telling me you cant hang in there for 6 months!? trust me when I say education is the key! my good looks and charming personality only got me but so far :)

arcolino said:
ASnowyCanadian said:
My back is already messed up. Im omly 20 years old. I dont really want to go bsck to school.

dude trust me its only going to get worse, there is no future in jobs like that, pick something you really like to do and get educated in it. they have 2 year programs 6 month programs u telling me you cant hang in there for 6 months!? trust me when I say education is the key! my good looks and charming personality only got me but so far :)

I know, I know, I really should but I need to be making money. If I put my time in they'll let me just run a machine. Then I'll be making way more and its pretty easy to drive a machine all day.

Latest posts

Back