which of the sexes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it. It's just a harmless joke. :p (and one that I have seen posted all over the internet a hundred million times) Why make such a big deal out of it. :(

1) the dating world women
2) the marriage world nether
3)the family (growing up, as well parenting) nether
4)socializing women
5)work world women

Cosmic Kid said:
The post was uncalled for, immature, and rude. It was not in keeping with the spirit of this thread...nor was it appropriate to the context in which it was presented. To the extent to which anyone suffered offense at such an insentive post, I offer my humble, sincere apology. It was not my intent to offend.

I have deleted the post.

It will not happen again.

Sincerest apologies...
David

I saw it and didn't think twice about it. Don't worry about it.

Cosmic Kid said:
Almond said:
Cosmic Kid said:
The post was uncalled for, immature, and rude. It was not in keeping with the spirit of this thread...nor was it appropriate to the context in which it was presented. To the extent to which anyone suffered offense at such an insentive post, I offer my humble, sincere apology. It was not my intent to offend.

I have deleted the post.

Sincerest apologies...
David

It's ok Cosmic Kid. Don't be so hard on yourself. I don't think you meant it in a bad way at all.
Trust me, Almond...I wasn't being hard on me. Thanks though.

Cosmic, I missed the post. PM it to me.

Cosmic Kid said:
Almond said:
Cosmic Kid said:
Almond said:
Cosmic Kid said:

I have deleted the post.

Sincerest apologies...
David

It's ok Cosmic Kid. Don't be so hard on yourself. I don't think you meant it in a bad way at all.
Trust me, Almond...I wasn't being hard on me. Thanks though.

I would hate to see what you called being hard on yourself then. :(

you did not see the post. It was a mainstream cartoon poking fun at stereotypical gender differences. It took all of 10 seconds, at 3 in the morning!, for someone to take offense. 24 hours and alot of this forum would have had something to say about my blashphemy, but, only imho. And, I'm not here for that. That type of humor was not what the op requested. In other words...my apology was a cookie-cutter, politically motivated, apology to the one who took offence. :) I made a decision that "descrection was the better part of valor". That type of humor was inappropriate, given what the op was asking for. (Please don't make me admit to not meaning the apology Almond. Because, I do not want to have to explain that I am, in fact, a sincere person, whose flawed in the fact that I am capable of insinceretyl, in order to get what I want, which, in this case, was to stay out of trouble, and to not hurt anyone's feelings..)

good grief..after re-reading all of that?^^, it dosn't take a Sigmund Freud to figure out I've got way too much time on my hands. I want to set sail. Yeah, I don't like seeing what I call being hard on myself means either. I think I'll decide not to do that this time around. I'm cured!! It's a miracle!

No more misused perversions of my God-given instinctual drives! But, to get that well, I'd have to be God, or dead one. And, I know I'm not God... maybe I'll rethink just how well I can get. Almond...thanks, I needed that. I know you cant' tell I'm serious, but I'm about as serious as I get. uh-oh..bummed again. lol

All of this time I thought you were apologizing for posting the gender machine with two parts so you're right. I must have missed your other post. Now I'm so curious to know what the other one was and who took offense. lol
If your apology wasn't sincere though then I wouldn't really understand why you issued it but that's really none of my business I guess.

Many more women are swayed by the brash magazines and tv shows which tell them they can have it all.

It's a dangerous message received that tells them they can happily enjoy both emancipation as well as expect the old fashioned social niceties.

For instance, a woman should not feel put out to pay for her half of a date if she earns as much as (or more than) the man.

Women are more demanding too I think. They demand a 'spark', they demand sex and they often badger for money. And if they don't get them they throw a moody or scream and shout.

And I think that more women are users these days because they're encouraged to belittle, love and leave men just because there are horrible guys out there who have always behaved likewise.

But the chickens are coming home to roost. In Britain certainly, thanks to a failing education system, strong beer, oversexualisation and other tacky promotions, girls are becoming more brash and slutty whilst more young men become drunken and violent. It's almost a joke to see so many bruised women walking arm in arm with their ape lovers and still seem so infatuated.

This is a crossroads and I hope society goes down the road of dumping the selfishness foisted onto us by trendies and corporations. Otherwise it's going to be totally fragmented and destroyed, taking me with it.

Cooperation, you might like this. It's an 1904 article from the NY Times. It seems the Americans are responsible for the present attitudes of women in Europe.

Love Dethroned
--------------------
H.B. Marriott-Watson and The American Women

"She is a handsome clothes horse," declares H. B. Marriot-Watson in writing about the American women in the current Nineteenth Century. He arrives at this conclusion through the following logic:
"The mondaine of New York and Newport will run after new dukes and buy new jewels. The sober wife of the sober New England farmer will sit under new pastors and buy new drugs.

"The American woman has perfected the cult of pleasure as no living being in all history of the world. A certain common bond unites the drab woman on her farm and the belle of Fifth Avenue.

"That spirit is visible in all classes of real Americanized women, whether in the daughter of the millionaire or in the factory hand. It is the spirit of independence which finds its logical issue in cold selfishness. The factory girls refuse to be married and take up the burdens of maternity; they put their savings upon their backs and 'have a good time.'

"The typical American woman is proverbially carless of the male of her race. We Europeans see it every day in the case of our American visitors The American woman is set on getting the best she can for her money, or her father's money, or it may be her husband's. She rides over man roughshod. It is the era of the woman's revenge, and apparently she is getting it. But in the result it is achieved by a demoralization of sex, even by a debauch of sex.

"The doctine of the superiority of woman, or its analogue, the dominance of woman, has resulted in a breach of the laws of maternity. Evasion of childbirth follows, and will follow, the passage of woman's rights and the higher feminism. Even on the threshold of this great and delicate question is one stayed by the consciousness that eh American woman has aimed the first great blow at the reighn of Love. So far as the eye of man can carry now, American civilaztion, by the overthrow of Love and its potency, will have inaugurated a new era fraught with portentous issues.

"Having emerged from mere barbarism into an age sentiment, are we to complete the cycle by passing into a stage where considerations or personal ambition, or vanity, or greed, or something material rule the sexual relations? We are, it would appear, on the threshold of the third era, in which Love is to be abolished, or rather to be faded into a sentiment so thin that it would not be recongnizable of our sturdy fathers. That stage of the cycle surely must spell decline, diminution * * * death.

"Woman's taste has been perverted by her appreciation of the gifts of man as tributes to her beauty. A man will take a thing to eat or wear or use somehow, because, whether it be bad or good, he likes it. A woman's possesions are rather the fruit of her vanity than her taste. She acquires things not because she likes them or needs them, but because they represent self-esteem, gratification, the humiliation of rivals."

has it easier in
1) the dating world
2) the marriage world
3)the family (growing up, as well parenting)
4)socializing
5)work world

1. i reckon women have it easier, it just seems there are always blokes out there looking for something (albeit usually just sex)

2. neither, its equally as difficult

3. dont know

4. blokes, women often bicker amongst themselves. whereas blokes just seem to thump each other and get on with it.

5. blokes, even though it is trying to be made fairer i still think its all still very blinkered towards middle aged white males.

Latest posts

Back