White middle-aged men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can understand that.

I also think that shyness is also misinterpreted as an active dislike of people. I've had people avoid me, because they think that if they make me anxious, that will make me miserable.

This is a TERRIBLE thing to do to a person, however. Everyone seeks company and friendship. I may be an introvert, but the only thing you show me by avoiding me because I'm quiet and shy is that YOU are a terrible, hurtful, and judgmental person. It does screen out the fareweather friends, but the amount of so-called "friends" that have stabbed me in the back over the years makes me really depressed sometimes.

EveWasFramed said:
Sorry...I don't buy into the "men who are white/single/middle-aged must all be pervs.
Neither do I subcribe to the theory that being a perv can be blamed on being white, single and middle-aged.
:cool: Pervs come on all genders, races and ages. lol

any man who is aged 35 upwards and his never seen with a woman, people are bound to talk. There is something wrong with him. That's what they will say ! Nothing to do with colour though !

duff said:
EveWasFramed said:
Sorry...I don't buy into the "men who are white/single/middle-aged must all be pervs.
Neither do I subcribe to the theory that being a perv can be blamed on being white, single and middle-aged.

any man who is aged 35 upwards and his never seen with a woman, people are bound to talk. There is something wrong with him. That's what they will say ! Nothing to do with colour though !

Something wrong with him?

I point you to a community of people who are asexual, and are happy with it....http://www.asexuality.org

And there is nothing wrong with being gay, either.

And when you think about it, there is nothing wrong with being straight and lonely, either. If everyone rejects you because you are never seen with a woman, you will...never be seen with a woman. So they essentially are doing the same thing to you that everyone else did.

Like I said, people are sheep. They all follow the herd.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
duff said:
EveWasFramed said:

Speak for yourself man.

photomar30090844.jpg

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
duff said:
EveWasFramed said:

Something wrong with him?

I point you to a community of people who are asexual, and are happy with it....http://www.asexuality.org

And there is nothing wrong with being gay, either.

And when you think about it, there is nothing wrong with being straight and lonely, either. If everyone rejects you because you are never seen with a woman, you will...never be seen with a woman. So they essentially are doing the same thing to you that everyone else did.

I'm not saying it's right but it's what people say.

People are sheep, takes guts to be different.

It does take guts to be different, which is why you really shouldn't care what people think.

duff said:
EveWasFramed said:

yes there's suspicion around lonely hetero middle-aged men. It can't be that they were just unlucky, that no woman found them attractive enough. There's something *wrong*.

rdor said:
duff said:

yes there's suspicion around lonely hetero middle-aged men. It can't be that they were just unlucky, that no woman found them attractive enough. There's something *wrong*.

I'm in my 40s, divorced, and was alone because no woman could get past the unattractive exterior to see who I was inside....until recently.

LonelyInAtl said:
rdor said:
duff said:

I'm in my 40s, divorced, and was alone because no woman could get past the unattractive exterior to see who I was inside....until recently.

I am sure you aren't that unattractive.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
LonelyInAtl said:

I am sure you aren't that unattractive.

Well, multiple women who have said as much can't all be wrong. :p LOL

EveWasFramed said:

I'd ( like ) this if such a facility was available.

I've personally noticed a lot of younger White kids/people feeling sorry for themselves for being white... a bit strange if you ask me...

But if someone is stupid to label me X,Y or Z simply because I am a single white male at whatever age then I can't see myself engaging in any kind of dialog that goes beyond the words '' f**k off '' because i don't have time for idiots. Time on this earth is to precious.

Smokey said:
EveWasFramed said:

I've personally noticed a lot of younger White kids/people feeling sorry for themselves for being white... a bit strange if you ask me...

But if someone is stupid to label me X,Y or Z simply because I am a single white male at whatever age then I can't see myself engaging in any kind of dialog that goes beyond the words '' f**k off '' because i don't have time for idiots. Time on this earth is to precious.

when you say "feel sorry for being white". What do you mean? Can you explain that? It is an interesting observation.

ghbarnaby2 said:
when you say "feel sorry for being white". What do you mean? Can you explain that? It is an interesting observation.

He's talking about white guilt.

But... But michael jackson said it doesn't matter if you're black or white..

Limlim said:
But... But michael jackson said it doesn't matter if you're black or white..

Does it matter if you're a zombie with a plastic nose? :O

I am still trying to understand white guilt to be honest. I have read a ew books and papers on it but I am not sure I understand the concept :/

ghbarnaby2 said:
Smokey said:
EveWasFramed said:

Yeah white shame but also because we're missing a sense of culture or perhaps more importantly community (I realize it's possible to rip that comment apart, "everything around you is white culture" etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back