White middle-aged men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rdor said:
The 'logic' behind the stereotype goes that lonely men after years of failure and rejection, end up channelling their frustration through violent and sometimes even perverse ways. That or they're alone because they have always been perverts.

I am in no way shape or form making any excuse for such behaviour, and I believe that stereotype is unfair and inaccurate.

However it is there and it is one truly undebatable way in which being single and older is worse for men. So much more so for men who have never been in a relationship.

The same could be said for computer geeks. They can't relate to human beings, so they focus on the computers.

I actually can relate to a lot of other human beings. Not the 18/19 year olds that are at my college. I listen to their conversations, and think they're spoiled, entitled brats...but I definitely have no problem making friends, if I like you enough to open up to you.

My therapist said that, if it wasn't for my anxiety, I would be a social butterfly, because I have really good social skills. I am a good listener and conversationalist...the anxiety gets in the way, though.

People are more likely to assume things about ugly people, too. I remember one woman who everyone thought was creepy because she was born disfigured. Everyone would stop and stare. She was born blind, so thankfully she didn't have to see all the sick, judgmental people who were judging her based on something she couldn't control.

If someone sees a guy with long hair and a beard, they are more likely to scream "child molester" than if you see the same guy clean shaven and with short hair. And that doesn't make a difference as to whether what is going on in that guy's mind is perverted or not.

rdor said:
There is something manipulative about having to convince someone to do something they initially would rather not. If someone needs that kind of "convincing" there's a problem. If you're primary concern is not with your own gf/wife's feelings and pleasure then there's a problem.

Something bugs me about it as well... I think a man trying to do that is just shameless.

Again, you're assuming that the "convincing" I spoke of is some sort of manipulative ploy to bend a woman's will to make her do something she would rather not. That's not what I meant at all. It's entirely possible to convince someone to do something that they already want to do. Here's a short dialogue to illustrate my point:

Man: "Sweetie, you wanna have sex?"
Woman: "Mmmm I don't know. We only have an hour until the show."
Man: "I know... but we can make it. No worries, babe." *SUPER HUNK WINK*
Woman: "Yeah, I really want to... I just don't want to be late to the show."
Man: "Oh, we can be quick!"
Woman: *laughs* "I bet you will. Alright, let's knock boots!"

My example is a bit humorous, of course... but you see what I'm talking about? I don't read anything into this dialogue other than an innocent, sincere back-and-forth between a guy and his girlfriend... yet he still CONVINCES her to have sex with him before the show. Is that manipulative? Is that ignoring her feelings, even though she wanted sex as well? Perhaps the word "persuade" would be better used here, if the word "convince" carries too negative a connotation for you.

I don't find that sort of thing shameless at all.

Badjedidude said:
Man: "Sweetie, you wanna have sex?"
Woman: "Mmmm I don't know. We only have an hour until the show."
Man: "I know... but we can make it. No worries, babe." *SUPER HUNK WINK*
Woman: "Yeah, I really want to... I just don't want to be late to the show."
Man: "Oh, we can be quick!"
Woman: *laughs* "I bet you will. Alright, let's knock boots!"

Hold up - I think I know that dude!

MissGuided said:
Hold up - I think I know that dude!

lol... I think that example could apply to most men I know, including myself.

I don't think that makes them shameful or manipulative.

P.S. I don't think I've ever heard a woman use the term "knock boots" in a positive way like that. More's the pity. :(

Badjedidude said:
P.S. I don't think I've ever heard a woman use the term "knock boots" in a positive way like that. More's the pity. :(

That is sad. There are many of us, I will bring that issue up to my sisters at the next secret girl meeting. Sorry about that. :/

MissGuided said:
That is sad. There are many of us, I will bring that issue up to my sisters at the next secret girl meeting. Sorry about that. :/

It's not like... a pressing issue, I guess. But thanks.. maybe you wimmins will pass some sort of resolution forcing girls to use pleasant terms for sex that men enjoy.

While you're at it, see if women want to use the phrase: "Horizontal mambo."

Thanks!

Badjedidude said:
It's not like... a pressing issue, I guess. But thanks.. maybe you wimmins will pass some sort of resolution forcing girls to use pleasant terms for sex that men enjoy.

While you're at it, see if women want to use the phrase: "Horizontal mambo."

Thanks!

Will do. But, if I can't get that terminology passed, will you settle for "visiting the boneyard" or "hiding the sausage"?

MissGuided said:
Will do. But, if I can't get that terminology passed, will you settle for "visiting the boneyard" or "hiding the sausage"?

Well, I'll need to visit the secret men's parliament and hold a vote... but I think that those would be acceptable. :cool:

OK, I think this thread is toast as well. I don't see any good coming from it at all.
Also, if you had a post here and it disappeared, YES, I deleted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back