Who am I?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

troubled

i don't know where i fit in with society. i was never unpopular in school but i never pushed myself into the limelight either. i don't know what my style or personality is. i love movies and old films, i know lots and lots of music. last year i met an amazing woman for a brief while (online), and i felt my personality has come on leaps and bounds. but im still pretty much a 22 year old loner. do i blame it on where i live? my upbringing? it just feels that everyone else my age has formed some kind of niche they are identified with, wheras i dont know where i fit in? why i am so reclusive.. i just wish i had a life now. i am a very self concious person which doesnt help, but this is beyond a joke now. i dont want it to be another lonely summer :(

You're definitely not alone in this. I for one can relate to what you're describing. I'm not sure what to say though, as I'm in a similar situation. I think the best thing to do is to just keep on fighting, keep on trying and keep on asking questions (and hopefully find some answers). Things can't remain the same forever, sooner or later they are bound to change, at least if we keep on pushing. It can be difficult, sure, but there's always a different path to walk if we're unhappy with the one we're walking right now.

your definitely not the only one. im 28 and i never truly found out what i really liked and what my interests and beliefs really were until like 2 years ago. despite that i am still very much a loner. there are a lot of my favorite things that i havent found anyone else that i know that likes them as much as me. a good example is futurama. everyone i know loves family guy and say its their favorite show. i love it too, but my favorite show is futurama. no one i know really even watches it. thats how a lot of the stuff i watch and listen to are for me.

edgecrusher said:
your definitely not the only one. im 28 and i never truly found out what i really liked and what my interests and beliefs really were until like 2 years ago. despite that i am still very much a loner. there are a lot of my favorite things that i havent found anyone else that i know that likes them as much as me. a good example is family guy. everyone i know loves family guy and say its their favorite show. i love it too, but my favorite show is futurama. no one i know really even watches it. thats how a lot of the stuff i watch and listen to are for me.

Oh man, I love Futurama. I haven't watched it recently, because I haven't watched TV much lately. But there was a time, and by time I mean like 2 or 3 years, where I would watch it every single night. One of the greatest shows ever.

VanillaCreme said:
edgecrusher said:
your definitely not the only one. im 28 and i never truly found out what i really liked and what my interests and beliefs really were until like 2 years ago. despite that i am still very much a loner. there are a lot of my favorite things that i havent found anyone else that i know that likes them as much as me. a good example is family guy. everyone i know loves family guy and say its their favorite show. i love it too, but my favorite show is futurama. no one i know really even watches it. thats how a lot of the stuff i watch and listen to are for me.

Oh man, I love Futurama. I haven't watched it recently, because I haven't watched TV much lately. But there was a time, and by time I mean like 2 or 3 years, where I would watch it every single night. One of the greatest shows ever.

that was me over the last year or so. i have all the box sets and the movies. im getting to the point of being able to quote a lot of stuff. i just cant wait for the new episodes starting in june.

I should start a thread about how I'm not a robosexual.

[youtube]QX_4Q6WfZNY[/youtube]

zapp is never not funny. every time he shows up in an episode he says something hilarious.

It can be where you live and your up bringing plays a major role in how you feel about yourself.

I've traveled some in the United State...there's a lot of little towns everywhere.
I can't imagine growing up in a town of 500 or less people or even towns of around 3000-5000 or less as a teen
or young adult.

I grew up in a small town or city of 30,000 even after a while...I still wonder if there was something beyound this.
During my teenage years...I bascailly thought where I live was the arm pit of the fucken world.lol
And all I did was wanted to get out of there as a young man.

I did manage to move to near vacuver. It was a small size town of around 500 in Birch Bay. It was very beautiful.
I live on top of hill surround by pine forrest over looking the bay and the city lights of Vancuver only 5-10 miles away.
You can't help it but to feel happy and peaceful every morning as you get up to such a beautiful sight.
It was a tourist town or get away spot for candians...So during the summer the population was actaully in the 50,000.
Wooo Hoooo...canidian babes up the waaazoo on vacation. The atmosphere of that. I've never had so many beautiful
friendly girls talk to me...just wanting to get to know me, party and hang out. Their mentality was so much different than the California
girls in the town I was living in. These people were totally just laid back and very,very sweet and friendly.
I could had live there forever..but there wasn't much work there. I worked on the fishing dock for the summer..kind of
like on a vacation myself I suppose. I basailly got laid the first night I came into town and met like a new babe every other week.

What that did was ..it opened up my mind. It exposed me to something new. Something different. Something Beautiful. I felt and knew life can be different.

Later I moved to Texas..that was an experince and a half. Hahahaaaa
I am aisan...I stood out like a fucken door knob.lol
Never the less...I had lots and lots of women chasing me.
I bascaily ended up in bed with two chicks the first night I got into town.lmao
For a while there...I was meeting a different bade every other week plus more.
Al ot of it had to do with me getting away from my parents. i simply just went crazy and girl crazy...so many girls.
i even dated an older woman. I was 19 in my prime. She was 29 in her prime. It was all good.
I got married and tired to settle down though..that did last very long..

Later I moved back to California..but to San Deigo.
Holi fresia..man. A city of millions. Tits and Ass everywhere.
I never got bored of hanging out at the beaches, boogie boarding, skating the board walk, watching the surf, babes in bikinies everywhere and the many night clubs.
Always something to do. surf, sand, night clubs, art , music, Universities, malls, then parks..etc
Heck sometime we would even head to mexico and party our asses off. ( different culture. hahahaaaa)
Plenty of nightclub. After you walk into mexico..You bascailly get in a cab with chicks you don't
even know...then you just start partying with them and where ever it might lead. It was a total blast and lots of good times.
Very fast pace, there were just so many people...you can't help but to inneract with people. After a while..it was actaully too much.
I bascailly just party every night and dragged my ass into work. I can't remember half of the names and faces.
I needed that though. I needed to know life was still worth living after my diviorce. I needed to experince good times...lots and lots of good times
and that no woman was worth killing myself for. The people I met were pretty much easy going and didn't worry too much about life. Maybe becuase I was that sameway.

Oh Honey at 22, don't you worry about 'who you are', you can be anyone or anything, 22 is a time for experimenting and trying on some different gear, in fact you can be a different person everyday!

I am 44, so I've lived exactly double your years and here's my findings to date;

You can't be the thought police, so to hell with what 'others' think of you.

Get busy living!

People come into your life and people leave your life - and there is no logic to it at all - that's life.

Back Yourself 100% Who knows you, better than you?

Fact: Some people are gonna like you and some are not, just like you like some and not others. It ain't exclusive or personal.

Eat that chocolate, drink that wine and say 'Yes' to every offer you get.

Mother Nature and Father Time are watching you, so show them how to live.

You can't please everyone all the time, so please yourself.

Stop worrying about not being thin or pretty enough, it's a waste of time and energy.

Tell someone or for that matter anyone and I mean anyone that they 'matter'.

Stoke a pet.

Feel the wind in your hair at every opportunity.

And finally remember above all else, you are you, there will never be anyone quite like you - you are unique.

edgecrusher, almost everybody I know has watched futurama :)

TS, I am 23 years old and have been very much in the same situation as you. Just be willing to try new things, and when something comes your way that works for you, embrace it. Over the years I have built an interest in collecting obscure films, music and literature, and when I am passionate about something I don't do things by halves. I am also an introvert, a thinker, and because of this and what I like to do in my spare time something of a social pariah who has difficulty relating to a lot of people in a social context. Still, it takes all kinds doesn't it? I'm making roads, no matter how slowly.

Just put yourself out there and treat people with respect, wonderful insights will come your way sooner or later.

troubled said:
do i blame it on where i live? my upbringing?

ermm well for starters, I think you shouldn't blame anyone or anything from your past. It happened and there's nothing you can do about it. But it doesn't mean that your past, the way you were brought up or where you live is who you will be for the rest of your life. What I am saying is, we can change ourselves to be the person we want to be. Gradually, very slowly, tough, hard, but we can.

troubled said:
it just feels that everyone else my age has formed some kind of niche they are identified with, wheras i dont know where i fit in?

Secondly, I thought everyone has found their place in this world too and I pity myself for being so lost, but if you look closely at everyone and observe people, we are all the same. trying to get to know ourselves, trying to find our place in this world, whether one is 20+, 30+ or older, you can never be sure that one has find her/his real self and purpose. Doubts and confusion are always part of life and how we navigate our way through it is what matters.

troubled said:
why i am so reclusive.. i just wish i had a life now. i am a very self concious person which doesnt help, but this is beyond a joke now. i dont want it to be another lonely summer :(

Don't force yourself to be this and that. And don't worry too much. You may feel you're very old and time is running out but if you sit and relax, you'll soon realize that you're only pressuring yourself. Just take it easy, do what you must in order to do what you want. And you never know, maybe your interest in movies will make a movie critique or a film producer out of you. A guitarist doesn't play guitar because he is a guitarist or because that's what a guitarist's suppose to do, he plays because he likes to.

Anyway, this is just my opinion but I hope it helps somehow. Goodluck :)

Latest posts

Back