Who here has a PS4?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't have one yet so I'm pretty useless in this thread. The reason I don't have one is because I don't really have the money and I was disappointed with the launch titles.

Dr. Strangelove said:
Don't have one yet so I'm pretty useless in this thread. The reason I don't have one is because I don't really have the money and I was disappointed with the launch titles.

Hmm start saving up haha! I actually do for once have enough money to get one but im still on a budget so i don't want to just waste everything on video games/systems. Really the only reason i want to get it so far is to play Battlefield 4, i heard the graphics are sick.

I was going to purchase both an Xbox 1 and a PS4, but I'm tired of all the advertising on the Xbox dashboard and being shafted to play online. I also disliked the simplification of games during the last generation and the way they seemed to want to hold my hand and point me in the 'correct' direction. In the end, I decided I'd be better off building a new PC instead, so that's what I did.

I think I'm happier with PC gaming and feel less like I'm being milked for every available penny, so for the first time since um... well, for at least 20 years, I don't own a current generation console. I may purchase them at a later date - once they've got some exclusives worth playing.

There's no doubt that the PS4 is a powerful machine and seriously good value for money. I got to play some of Outlast and Battlefield 4 and although it doesn't match my PC, it's close enough and it costs like a third of the price. I'm sure you'd be happy with your purchase, but be prepared for the controller to need charging every day and find some tape to cover up the annoying light strip! ;)

Cavey said:
I was going to purchase both an Xbox 1 and a PS4, but I'm tired of all the advertising on the Xbox dashboard and being shafted to play online. I also disliked the simplification of games during the last generation and the way they seemed to want to hold my hand and point me in the 'correct' direction. In the end, I decided I'd be better off building a new PC instead, so that's what I did.

I think I'm happier with PC gaming and feel less like I'm being milked for every available penny, so for the first time since um... well, for at least 20 years, I don't own a current generation console. I may purchase them at a later date - once they've got some exclusives worth playing.

There's no doubt that the PS4 is a powerful machine and seriously good value for money. I got to play some of Outlast and Battlefield 4 and although it doesn't match my PC, it's close enough and it costs like a third of the price. I'm sure you'd be happy with your purchase, but be prepared for the controller to need charging every day and find some tape to cover up the annoying light strip! ;)
Sounds like you are part of the ....
wallpaper__glorious_pc_gaming_master_race_by_admiralserenity-d5qvxos.png

Dr. Strangelove said:
Cavey said:

Sounds like you are part of the .... [PC Master Race pic removed to save space]

It's a shame that you'd jump to that conclusion - I'm 39 years old and far too cynical for any of that rubbish. Did you actually read what I wrote?

I own or have owned practically every games console/computer that's been released since the Atari VCS. I'm not interested in which company made which console, I'm solely interested in my enjoyment. Right now, I dislike advertising being slapped in my face and I dislike the feeling that I'm a cash cow ready to be milked for every penny I own - that's the feeling I get from console gaming at the moment.

If I were part of some mythical 'PC master race', I wouldn't even acknowledge that the PS4 is a bargain, let alone mention that I'd probably buy one in the future. PC and console gaming both have their pluses and minuses - it's up to the individual to decide which suits them better.

Cavey said:
Dr. Strangelove said:
Cavey said:

Sounds like you are part of the .... [PC Master Race pic removed to save space]

It's a shame that you'd jump to that conclusion - I'm 39 years old and far too cynical for any of that rubbish. Did you actually read what I wrote?

I own or have owned practically every games console/computer that's been released since the Atari VCS. I'm not interested in which company made which console, I'm solely interested in my enjoyment. Right now, I dislike advertising being slapped in my face and I dislike the feeling that I'm a cash cow ready to be milked for every penny I own - that's the feeling I get from console gaming at the moment.

If I were part of some mythical 'PC master race', I wouldn't even acknowledge that the PS4 is a bargain, let alone mention that I'd probably buy one in the future. PC and console gaming both have their pluses and minuses - it's up to the individual to decide which suits them better.
Clearly it was a joke that went right over your head.

If you're going to write only seven words and post a picture, then your posts are going to be open to interpretation, and given how ridiculous many 'gamers' can be when it comes to hardware discussion, it was a reasonable assumption to make.

Having said that, I'm pleased it wasn't serious, because I really don't want to be associated with a group of elitist idiots ;)

Latest posts

Back