Why are some people harder to be around then others

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorat116

Reaction score
There are some people that love me for who I am and I can have a good time with and have fun around and truly feel comfortable with...

but other people, for whatever reason.. are just hard for me to be comfortable around? are their truly some people who can connect with everyone or am I not the only one who feels awkward around certain people?

That's like asking why keyboards work like keyboards.

This world has so many different opinions, regions, languages, cultures, outlooks, economic situations...

...is it any wonder that people develop personalities that clash with others' personalities?

Seriously.

If you aren't comfortable around certain people, you need to ask yourself why. Is it because you haven't known them long enough/well enough? Is it because they've betrayed a trust? Is it because they're not around as much?
Ultimately, you will be closer and more comfortable around certain people, the people you trust and love. Not everyone will connect in the same way or be as close to you as others, but that doesn't mean you can't be friends with people.

No, you are not the only one. I feel awkward around certain people as well. Either I can't be myself with them, or the conversation is full of awkward silences, or they try to tell me what to do all the time etc. There will always be people whose
personalities don't gell with your own.

What Callie said was right... love and trust makes it all the more easy to get along with many people. You don't have to agree with people or get close to be in good terms also.

For the most part, we are all the same. However, when you throw in experience, the honeysuckle hits the fan. 10 people can be looking at the same sky, but if 1 person is colorblind and says it's green when the other 9 say it's blue, it could cause problems if none of them know what being color blind is or that it exists at all.

A rather simple example, but when you take into consideration that that's all this life really is, is perception, and that many of us place importance on certain perceptions ranging from simple preferences in taste of food all the way to opinions and beliefs that could mean life and death to us.

I do think there are certain people who get surrounded so to speak. It can be seen quite clearly all the time in the past and seemingly so in the present. In the past they would burn witches and heretics at the stake (one example of possibly hundreds of thousands). I mean it's really serious business. The best one can do is learn from mistakes and learn how to socialize with who and how and when. Unfortunately some of us learn the hard way and die from our mistakes and some of us just get lucky or had the sense to do things in all the best ways and live to prosper, and all ranges in between those two extremes.

Sorat, you are definitely not the only one and I'd say 99.99% are in the same boat. Some people just don't mix well for whatever reason, but I don't think it should be taken as a bad comment on ourselves. Sure, it's good to strive to understand people and maybe some day, we'll understand why we're uncomfortable with those certain people or what it is about them that makes them different. But I certainly wouldn't waste my time worrying about these people, like this one for example:

Bridgett Jones: The Edge of Reason - Jellyfisher Alert

Haha, those people suck. ;)

I feel like I should have died from my mistakes a long time ago...
But I'm still alive bitches.

And to answer OP. Emotional energy. I've met people with such positive emotional energy, they get along with everyone.. seemingly. while others, like myself, have pretty crappy emotional energy. Im stone face usually... and at best I come across as deep but most of the time I just get misunderstood. Whereas a bubbly person can get away with anything because its all for good fun. It requires an accurate assessment of the situation too....

That's my take on it.

I've thought about this and people I've known over the years. I've thought about what Callie said and reanalyzed the people I've known and friends/acquaintances. It all comes down to people being individuals with different personalities. I have an identical twin brother and people think we must get along great, though we may share some common interest we are still two different people and have different personalities, we clash many times and don't always get along. Like what Mad said, there are people with such positive emotional energy they get along with everyone, but there are some people who are annoyed by those types. It's all in what knowing the kinds of personalities you get along with, and what you don't. It's not really that person it's you and them.

Here's an odd analogy. Like spilling oil, some people will go get a rag to wipe it up and think that's good enough. Some will get warm soap and water to clean it up. Both genuinely good ideas but not all that effective, but works for some. Then there are those who will just leave it there and let someone else worry about it. Others will use something with a degrease agent in it like WD40, which is much more effective.

Latest posts

Back