Why Can't We Be Happy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Krossknife

Many times in my life I have these uplifting moments (Power Surges), where I feel like I have for the moment gathered enough strength, determination, and enough will-power to accoplish life changing issues that have been weighing me down sinse when i cant remember. But unfortanantly it only last for usually and hour or two then I go back into this shell from where I came. So why cant I get this new found strength and make it work instead of tearing it down before I really ever believe it to be there in the first place? Why am I so self-detinating....... Do any of u ever feel that way?

I think I understand how you feel. I have random blasts of energy, but I hardly ever put them to use. Maybe on a project if I'm lucky. I think of things that I want to say to others (the guy I like in particular) but I never get the confidence to do so. I have the whole scenario planned out, but I can never follow through. I also feel like I can achieve something when I listen to music. I'll listen to a motivating song, then try my hardest on math homework for example, and I'll still end up getting everything wrong. Or if I try my hardest to study for a test, I still won't do as well as I'd like to. I wonder if I'll ever be able to achieve something successfully...

I know what you mean...I have felt just like you described, anymore I have kind of fell into a numb state, whatever happens, happens, I have thrown all my expectations out the window, don't get me wrong , I am trying to improve my life, but just taking it one day at a time. I find when I have all these 'dreams' and they don't come true I get very dissapointed and depressed. I'm just taking one day at a time, whatever happens, happens, I will deal with things the best I can.

I wish you the best.....

So what do u guys think is the reason we can be this way? besides being depressed? Is society to blame, or is it a chemical imbalance? Or just plain old insecurities.

Krossknife said:
So what do u guys think is the reason we can be this way? besides being depressed? Is society to blame, or is it a chemical imbalance? Or just plain old insecurities.

For me it is proberly insecurities, chemical imbalance, social phobia and my enviroment is partly to blame

I'm pretty sure I'm just really insecure. And growing up in the situation that I did would probably be something else I could blame for the way I am.

I think everyone has a different reason for why they are this way. Definitely depression is a big thing for a lot of people. Personally, I don't blame society at all, but for some people that might be an issue.

Latest posts

Back