Why do You Think You're Lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go to high school and i think that my situation is like yours. noone wants to listen, they just want to talk. I am sick and tired of being the person people talk to only when something is needed, either for school, or anything else. I just wish someone would say: Hey how are you what are you doing...

I guess I'm lonely because I never really fitted into any crowd or group of friends. And also I'm slightly on the shy and reclusive side so finding new friends and getting to know people can be very hard. The friendships I have made seemed to go wrong or the friend moved away or some other complication, which is just unlucky really.

The worst part is I just can't seem to find anybody who is interested in all the things I'm interested in, like most of the friends I made only really have a few things in common with me. Sometimes I just want to clone myself lol.

Well firstly I listen to metal, mostly bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu and Bullet For My Valentine.
And also I'm quite a big fan of racing so I watch as much I can, which is mostly Formula 1. And lately I seem to watch a lot of comedy comedy from sitcoms to stand up.

Yeah there's something about metal that I really love, I can't really stand other music lol

Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:
And lately I seem to watch a lot of comedy comedy from sitcoms to stand up.
I've been watching alot of Henry Rollins stand up..It always cheers me up!

I hadn't heard of him before but now I'm watching some of his clips on youtube and I like what I see :)

SeizeTheDay said:
Yeah there's something about metal that I really love, I can't really stand other music lol

Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:

I hadn't heard of him before but now I'm watching some of his clips on youtube and I like what I see :)

cool..his 'henry rollins vs iggy pop' clip makes me smile:)

Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:

Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:

I'm watching that now, it's a looong clip :)

SeizeTheDay said:
Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:

Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:

yep..sorry..it's worth it though..funny story!!:cool:

Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:
Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:

Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:

Yeah I really like it, he's good at telling stories :)

SeizeTheDay said:
Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:
Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:

Mike Moose said:
SeizeTheDay said:

Yeah I really like it, he's good at telling stories :)

He has quite a few DVD's that are worth checking..I like his point of view..he's a loner too!

I'm boring. I have no (not low) self esteem. I've been burned by everyone I know. I don't feel like I am capable of pleasing a woman sexually, conversationally, or any which way. I don't like to drink so I don't do bars. I don't like to dance so I don't go clubbing. I don't like tv if it's not scifi or fantasy of some sort. I only seem to read stephen king books and scientific american magazine. I have very little free time and most of my time spent not working (ie my weekends) I have my son. I'm lonely because at the moment the universe started expanding into what we call the big bang all the dominos started falling down in order and my lonely existence is an inescapable and unchangable subset of those dominos. does that make sense to anyone but me? God I hate the wierd things I say. I hate that I use the word God because I don't believe. I hate that I capitalize the "G" in God because I feel it should be god. I hate that I'm not a hateful person towards anyone, even my cheating lying stealing x-wife, but that I cannot seem to stop hating myself. Is it possible there is a medical condition which results in unexplained self hating? way off topic.... sorry everyone... but maybe not as reading this should show anyone why I am and will forever be alone, and being forever alone will always make me feel lonely.

thanks

Why do You Think You're Lonely?
Have you ever linked introspection to loneliness? many times

Have you ever analyzed yourself to the degree where you discover many things about yourself? oh I wish I stopped analyzing

Do you strive for a high level of self-awareness and awareness of others? all the time

If so, how has this manifested itself in your life? most people see me as weird.. even my kids

budsalinger said:
I'm boring. I have no (not low) self esteem. I've been burned by everyone I know. I don't feel like I am capable of pleasing a woman sexually, conversationally, or any which way. I don't like to drink so I don't do bars. I don't like to dance so I don't go clubbing. I don't like tv if it's not scifi or fantasy of some sort. I only seem to read stephen king books and scientific american magazine. I have very little free time and most of my time spent not working (ie my weekends) I have my son. I'm lonely because at the moment the universe started expanding into what we call the big bang all the dominos started falling down in order and my lonely existence is an inescapable and unchangable subset of those dominos. does that make sense to anyone but me? God I hate the wierd things I say. I hate that I use the word God because I don't believe. I hate that I capitalize the "G" in God because I feel it should be god. I hate that I'm not a hateful person towards anyone, even my cheating lying stealing x-wife, but that I cannot seem to stop hating myself. Is it possible there is a medical condition which results in unexplained self hating? way off topic.... sorry everyone... but maybe not as reading this should show anyone why I am and will forever be alone, and being forever alone will always make me feel lonely.

thanks

There must be many real people who would enjoy hearing what you have to say, and who would share your interests. I for one, liked reading your post, and I understood every word you said. Take care and good luck.

[/quote]

There must be many real people who would enjoy hearing what you have to say, and who would share your interests. I for one, liked reading your post, and I understood every word you said. Take care and good luck.
[/quote]

Yeah, you'd think so but I don't know them. And thank you (truly) for telling me you understood me because, even if you didn't, most people don't but at least you do. I'm gonna smoke a bowl in your honor.

cheers

Latest posts

Back