Why don't you girls get a clue!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IVIZ

Reaction score
And open up to guys when they are trying more than what required to form a good relationship.

Its like us guys have to do everything to keep it going. We have to be the conversation starters, we have to be the ones with the ideas, we need to be the ones buying crap that is meaningless once its over. I mean, what ever happened to the Ferggie* song "can you meet me halfway"??? BS!! Its all the way for the guys to keep things running and its a bit fustrating, disapointing and tiring to keep things up, that we just simply either give up and hope for a reaction, or just let it go. And you girls wonder and asks yourselfs, 'what happened? like the connection between us just vanished from one day to the other' GET A FREAKIN CLUE, we were giving it our best and didn't feel like we got anything of or equal value in return (no not talking about sex). So please do something that will make him feel apreciated. Its hard enough that us guys have to be the men and live up to these days social standards. Let us know your involving yourselfs in the work of the relationship. Unless your just in it for the ride, which I would have no problem dumping you on the spot,but if your not just in it for that, then do your part and open up to him, yes you might get hurt but ****, how else is he going to know your serious for him yo have the heart and drive to continue with this.

Sorry, I recently went to a get together and man was I tired of being the freaking leader all the time!!!

I hope you're not talking to all girls cause I have no idea what you're saying :p

Why are you generalizing us? :/

It sounds like the girls you've had experiences with just werent that into you for whatever reason.

Don't give up hope.

IVIZ said:
And open up to guys when they are trying more than what required to form a good relationship.

Its like us guys have to do everything to keep it going. We have to be the conversation starters, we have to be the ones with the ideas, we need to be the ones buying crap that is meaningless once its over. I mean, what ever happened to the Ferggie* song "can you meet me halfway"??? BS!! Its all the way for the guys to keep things running and its a bit fustrating, disapointing and tiring to keep things up, that we just simply either give up and hope for a reaction, or just let it go. And you girls wonder and asks yourselfs, 'what happened? like the connection between us just vanished from one day to the other' GET A FREAKIN CLUE, we were giving it our best and didn't feel like we got anything of or equal value in return (no not talking about sex). So please do something that will make him feel apreciated. Its hard enough that us guys have to be the men and live up to these days social standards. Let us know your involving yourselfs in the work of the relationship. Unless your just in it for the ride, which I would have no problem dumping you on the spot,but if your not just in it for that, then do your part and open up to him, yes you might get hurt but ****, how else is he going to know your serious for him yo have the heart and drive to continue with this.

Sorry, I recently went to a get together and man was I tired of being the freaking leader all the time!!!

I get you completely. But you also sound a bit like a tool. When you are tired, say it, when you want something, say it.
I would say give up ALL hope, because hope is for losers, hope dies last. Start acting and saying stuff to their faces. Generally girls tend to be attracted to bad guys or guys who treat them like honeysuckle, because they are attracted to confidence.

And those of you who are bitching about generalizing something, guess what, it is called generalization with reason: there is a big difference between "general amount" and "all of the amount," get a clue :p

Calm said:
IVIZ said:

I get you completely. But you also sound a bit like a tool. When you are tired, say it, when you want something, say it.

And those of you who are bitching about generalizing something, guess what, it is called generalization with reason: there is a big difference between "general amount" and "all of the amount," get a clue :p

Excuse me? When someone lumps all women together, I get bothered by that. Dont tell me to get a clue, YOU get one.

SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:
IVIZ said:

Excuse me? When someone lumps all women together, I get bothered by that. Dont tell me to get a clue, YOU get one.

So its about you now?

All girls, shure. Common sense in the action.

Calm said:
SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:
IVIZ said:

So its about you now?

No, it's not about me. It's about how a generalization marginalizes a segment of society if it goes unchallenged.

I understand that the Original Poster mightve had some bad experiences with the opposite sex, but that doesn't give him the right to generalize. He should've realized that everything he's experienced with women does not equate to all woman-kind but rather just to his own experiences.

SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:
SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:
IVIZ said:

So its about you now?

No, it's not about me. It's about how a generalization marginalizes a segment of society if it goes unchallenged.

I understand that the Original Poster mightve had some bad experiences with the opposite sex, but that doesn't give him the right to generalize. He should've realized that everything he's experienced with women does not equate to all woman-kind but rather just to his own experiences.

So you take yourself the responsibility to represent all of the woman society? For some reason I can't understand how one can be so pissed about it. Are you a feminist?
He had some bad time and was pissed, this has nothing to do with you, get over it.

Instead of bitching, couldn't you set yourself as a good example and give constructive criticism or explanation why he might have bad "luck"? Somehow all I see in this forum is the kind of responses: "Better luck next time *meaningless hug*"...

Calm said:
SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:
SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:

So its about you now?

So you take yourself the responsibility to represent all of the woman society? For some reason I can't understand how one can be so pissed about it. Are you a feminist?
He had some bad time and was pissed, this has nothing to do with you, get over it.

Instead of bitching, couldn't you set yourself as a good example and give constructive criticism or explanation why he might have bad "luck"? Somehow all I see in this forum is the kind of responses: "Better luck next time *meaningless hug*"...

Dont get me wrong, I DO care about the original poster's experiences, which have obviously hurt him. I do want him to find love. I DO want him to find happiness.

I just dislike the cognitive constructs he has formed as a result of the hurt he has endured from being rejected & hurt by the women he has been involved with. He needs to somehow become aware of them (the constructs), instead of allowing them to control his behavior/mindset towards the opposite sex. Once he is able to see them as individual people, rather than place negative constructs on them, I think he will find it easier to move forward and be more successful in his interactions.

By the way, the hugs given out on this forum arent meaningless. I think it helps to know SOMEONE cares and shows empathy towards you.

SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:
SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:
SophiaGrace said:

So its about you now?

Dont get me wrong, I DO care about the original poster's experiences, which have obviously hurt him. I do want him to find love. I DO want him to find happiness.

I just dislike the cognitive constructs he has formed as a result of the hurt he has endured from being rejected & hurt by the women he has been involved with. He needs to somehow become aware of them (the constructs), instead of allowing them to control his behavior/mindset towards the opposite sex. Once he is able to see them as individual people, rather than place negative constructs on them, I think he will find it easier to move forward and be more successful in his interactions.

By the way, the hugs given out on this forum arent meaningless. I think it helps to know SOMEONE cares and shows empathy towards you.

I need more quotes in this qoute.
And we hijacked his thread.

*hug*

Calm said:
I need more quotes in this qoute.
And we hijacked his thread.

Lol, sorry about all the quotes. :p It just kind of happened like that.

I don't think we hijacked his thread, I think they were relevant...

Calm said:

Agree

I may be generlizing, but just saying I'm wrong is not going to make me realize my flaws.

IVIZ said:
Agree

I may be generlizing, but just saying I'm wrong is not going to make me realize my flaws.

You just need to find a reciprocal relationship. No relationship can work one-way. It's impossible.

I know just as many women who could make the same claims in reverse. Selfish ******** come in both sexes.

If you can, date some more experienced girls maybe. How old are you?

OK...to ALL of you...

Yes, the OP was "generalizing" and I don't even think that's in dispute really. Now, having said that, it's likely that those kinds of experiences have been the ONLY ones he's had to base his assumptions on - and yes, they are assumptions, from his experiences.

I'm a woman and had the EXACT same issues with my ex (a male). I had to do all of the relationship "work." (I'm sure the OP knows what I'm refering to with that statement.)

Here's the thing - this is NOT a gender issue, it's a PEOPLE issue. I've seen both men AND women behave exactly like the OP has described. I think that it's easy to lump the sexes in such a manner without even stopping to think that it's not about gender, but more about the personalities of each individual, something that we know we should keep in mind, but don't always adhere to such.

And Calm...just a little FYI for you because you're new...there have been an unusually high number of people who come here and generalize women in the past year or so and it does make some of our members a little defensive, which is what you're witnessing I believe. I can't say that I'm not immune to such generalizing either - it gets really old after a while.

I think that the OP simply wanted to vent a little and make a point, which was perfectly fine. He succeeded in relaying his frustration about having the burden of keeping the relationship alive, placed completely on his shoulders.

It sucks man, I feel your pain more than you can know.

(((((hugs)))))

I'm 25, just got out of a bad 5 year relationship.

This is more coming from the girls that talk to me about their boyfriend problems. And I really dont like to 'sugercoat' things with my responces. But it does seem like I have a bad outlook on relationships, even from a guys point of view. I should just tell them to look for another shoulder to cryon because I am not fit to fix your confused or broken heart :(

EveWasFramed said:
Here's the thing - this is NOT a gender issue, it's a PEOPLE issue.

I agree...

It's easy to get worn out when all you do is give and give and get nothing back. It's disheartening. It's frustrating. I just plain hurts & I'm sorry that the Original Poster is going through this.

People can be selfish, but there ARE other people like you out there that will give back to you and have a relationship with you that isn't lop-sided. And guess what, you DESERVE this kind of relationship. :)

SophiaGrace said:
People can be selfish, but there ARE other people like you out there that will give back to you and have a relationship with you that isn't lop-sided. And guess what, you DESERVE this kind of relationship. :)

Well it must also be a location issue, cause where I am. All wemon act like godesses, and I can understand that they are value-ing themselves in a man controlling world. But they seem to act like were are the servants and we are here only to please them because the they we need them so badly. Yes I'm generalizing again, but please let a nice girl come my way for once. :(

IVIZ said:
This is more coming from the girls that talk to me about their boyfriend problems. I should just tell them to look for another shoulder to cryon because I am not fit to fix your confused or broken heart :(

Well, if all they're doing is complaining to you, then it's not even a friendship, it's more like they're emotional vampires and I would understand feeling worn-out from this.

You don't have to put up with this. Build relationships with people that care about how YOU feel too.

IVIZ said:
SophiaGrace said:

Well it must also be a location issue, cause where I am. All wemon act like godesses, and I can understand that they are value-ing themselves in a man controlling world. But they seem to act like were are the servants and we are here only to please them because the they we need them so badly. Yes I'm generalizing again, but please let a nice girl come my way for once. :(

You deserve a nice girl.

Sorry you're in pain.

Latest posts

Back