Why is making friends so difficult?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cos you were choosy doesn't mean that a lot of people are like that too. You will never know what they are thinking lol

I don't have many friends in my life either. Primary school: 1, high school: none, university: 1, at work: none.
However, I make a few real-life friends on an online game. So yeah, it is possible to make friends on the Internet.

Some reasons making friends is so difficult for me are quite obvious: I am not an attractive person, physically or mentally. I am not good at talking, not good at sensing what others think or mean.

But the biggest problem of all: I am bad at keeping relationship. There are quite some would-be-friends, but I make them all disappointed with my less-than-enthusiastic responses to their approaches.

Could that be your problem too?

GaGuna said:
I am not an attractive person, physically or mentally. I am not good at talking, not good at sensing what others think or mean.

Really? Are you sure your opinion isn't biased? I think you may be too hard on yourself. After all, often we're the best at finding out own flaws...even things that others wouldn't notice.

Just take a minute and consider that. I think that you're being too harsh in your self-judgement. :)

----Steve

Latest posts

Back