Wikipedia's list of unusual deaths.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayvanCowboy

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths

Worth checking out. Some I found interesting so far.

1995: A 39 year old man committed suicide in Canberra, Australia by shooting himself three times with a pump action shotgun. The first shot passed through his chest and went out the other side. He reloaded and shot away his throat and part of his jaw. Breathing through the wound in his throat, he again reloaded, held the gun against his chest with his hands and operated the trigger with his toes. This shot entered the thoracic cavity and demolished the heart, killing him.

The infamous Mr. Hands death

2005: Kenneth "Mr. Hands" Pinyan of Gig Harbor, Washington died of acute peritonitis after seeking out and receiving anal intercourse from a stallion, an act he had engaged in previously on numerous occasions without injury. Pinyan delayed his visit to the hospital for several hours out of reluctance to explain the circumstances of his injury to doctors. The case led to the criminalization of bestiality in Washington.[144] His story was recounted in the award winning 2007 documentary film Zoo.

Yikes

1930: William Kogut, an inmate on death row at San Quentin, decided to commit suicide using only the rudimentary tools available to him in his prison cell. He began by tearing up several packs of playing cards, giving particular focus to obtaining pieces with red ink (at the time, the ink in red playing cards contained nitrocellulose, which is flammable and when wet can create an explosive mixture), and stuffed them into a pipe. He then plugged one end of the pipe firmly with a broom handle and poured water into the other end to soak the card pieces. He then placed the pipe on a kerosene heater next to his bed and placed the open end firmly against his head. The heater turned the water into steam and eventually enough pressure built up inside the pipe so that when it burst, the explosion shot out bits of playing cards with enough force to penetrate Kogut's skull, killing him. In a suicide note, Kogut stated that he and he alone should punish himself for his crimes.

A very famous, but creepy one thanks to the internet.

1959: In the Dyatlov Pass incident, nine ski hikers in the Ural Mountains abandoned their camp in the middle of the night, some clad only in their underwear despite sub-zero weather. Six died of hypothermia and three by unexplained injuries. The corpses showed no signs of struggle, but one had a fatal skull fracture, two had major chest fractures, and one was missing her tongue. Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths, barring entry to the area for years.

I laughed. Sorry.

207 BC: Chrysippus, a Greek stoic philosopher, is believed to have died of laughter after watching his drunk donkey attempt to eat figs.

Darwin award nominee.

1993: Garry Hoy, a 38-year old lawyer and a senior partner at the Holden Day Wilson Law firm in Toronto, Canada, fell to his death on July 9, 1993, after he threw himself against a window on the 24th floor of the Toronto-Dominion Centre in an attempt to prove to a group of visiting law students that the glass was "unbreakable." His first attempt failed to damage the glass at all. On his second attempt the glass still didn't break, but popped out of the window frame, and he fell over 300 feet to his death.

sweet!!!

awesome thanks for posting this, I am soo putting off my homework to read this :D

Well, Dayvan, you did it again. I looked up all these, and even watched the "Mr. Hands" documentary on YouTube. You always find the most interesting things.

On the last one posted, I wonder when the glass popped out, if it fell with him, and if it broke. Off to Google I go.

1919: In the Boston Molasses Disaster, 21 people were killed and 150 were injured when a tank containing as much as 2,300,000 US gal (8,700,000 L) of molasses exploded, sending a wave traveling at approximately 35 mph (56 km/h) through part of Boston, Massachusetts, United States. Most fatalities and injuries were caused by the concussive force of the blast or by asphyxiation as victims failed to swim free of the viscous molasses and drowned.

That one I did find, but this next one I didn't see listed.

A man in Paris France in 1800 something wanted to do something that people would remember. So he put a long blade on the windowsill, which turned it into a cheap guillotine. He then pierced both his ears and attached balloons to them. So he chopped off his head and it floated over the city of Paris for a day or two.

good stuff, very interesting. the darwin award one reminded me of some other things thaqt won darwin awards. funny crazy stuff.

bbm662 said:
1919: In the Boston Molasses Disaster, 21 people were killed and 150 were injured when a tank containing as much as 2,300,000 US gal (8,700,000 L) of molasses exploded, sending a wave traveling at approximately 35 mph (56 km/h) through part of Boston, Massachusetts, United States. Most fatalities and injuries were caused by the concussive force of the blast or by asphyxiation as victims failed to swim free of the viscous molasses and drowned.

That one I did find, but this next one I didn't see listed.

A man in Paris France in 1800 something wanted to do something that people would remember. So he put a long blade on the windowsill, which turned it into a cheap guillotine. He then pierced both his ears and attached balloons to them. So he chopped off his head and it floated over the city of Paris for a day or two.

wow, that paris guillotine one is insane. i have to give him credit for creativity.

1995: A 39 year old man committed suicide in Canberra, Australia by shooting himself three times with a pump action shotgun. The first shot passed through his chest and went out the other side. He reloaded and shot away his throat and part of his jaw. Breathing through the wound in his throat, he again reloaded, held the gun against his chest with his hands and operated the trigger with his toes. This shot entered the thoracic cavity and demolished the heart, killing him.

- wow :/ you must really be intent to kill yourself to do that :/

dramaqueen said:
DayvanCowboy said:
207 BC: Chrysippus, a Greek stoic philosopher, is believed to have died of laughter after watching his drunk donkey attempt to eat figs.
I wonder if crying as much can kill too..

depends how you do it.
i can think of more than a healthy dose of possible scenarios.

Here is one but its not a suicide lol, im not 100000000% sure that it is the truth but im sure 98% that it is:
A man wanted to kill him self by hanging himself from a bridge over the water. In case something went wrong he drank some poison and took a gun with him to shoot himself while he was hanging from a bridge. So he jumped, took a gun to shoot himself in the head, but he missed and hit the rope, he fell in the water,he got out of the water and he threw up everything he had in his stomach including the poison he drank earlier. lol that was interesting .. i think

Latest posts

Back