Unconventional Ways to Attract a Mate.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TropicalStarfish

Reaction score
Alright, I suppose maybe this will help some one some day.

A simple and often overlooked fact of life is the following: people want what they don't have.

Straight haired people want curly hair. Curly haired people want straight hair. The rich say: "More money more probems." The poor say: "If I was a rich man, all day long I'd biddy biddy bum." You get the point.

Now, consider some one who is single. Most people tend to look at it from the angle of: "I must be missing something."

I don't make enough money.
I'm not attractive enough.
I'm not a doctor or a lawyer or whatever.

Maybe the problem of your singledom, is simply that you are... single! You could be single, because you are single.

Now if you have a friend, or have the means to pay, you could have some one be your, 'fictitious significant other / fictitious boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever.'

People want what they don't have. And people tend to assess others by association.

You become acquainted with some one who is famous: bingo, by association, you become a bit famous.
You know some one who is wealthy: bingo, by association, you can find yourself in some high-society places/circles.

I see a lot of guys in this forum that spin themselves in circles, trying to think, their way out of a problem. Well, as a thinker myself, I can tell you, sometimes the simple but clever solution will elude even the most stoic, hardy, and fiercly intellectual minds.

Why? Because a hammer is good for hammering nails, but not much else.

Clever people are different than intelligent people. A clever person sees a long line to a restaurant and a 50 minute wait to sit down, and thinks to themselves: "I can offer the hostess a $20 dollar bill to seat me immediately, if I do it when no one is looking." Bingo, a 50 minute wait, turns into being seated immediately, and if you are with some one, it's likely they will be impressed as well.

An intelligent person sees a problem like that and parses it out mechanically: A: I can wait if it's worth it, B: I can leave if it's not. Then they can judge those two variables against the weights, and make a decision (assuming they aren't terrible at making decisions). They'll either leave for some other joint, or wait the 50 or so minutes.

Now, a clever person can get themselves into different kinds of trouble than the kinds of trouble a thinker might, but, that's a whole different digression. Back to the point.

So, one unconventional way to attract a mate is to: make yourself appear to be taken.

Getting yourself a semi-long-term fake boyfriend or girlfriend has several advantages.
1: the first is obviously you are now something others don't have: taken (or at least on superficial scrutiny, you appear to be taken). And people often tend to want what they don't have. You have something new about you that is attractive now.
2: whether be it by money, or through friendship, you have some one to go on dates with, talk to, and get to know, simply as a person: practice with being out and about and socializing. Bingo again, a regular, no pressure, way to go out, and practice those possibly atrophied social skills, as well as a way to get to know some one besides yourself and stimulate new neural pathways.
3: visibility: you are spending time with some one who likely spends time with other people, and you are in public spaces with the chance to meet other people. You have the chance to enlarge your world here, and assuming you are judicious in who you associate with, you could meet some new people who could be anything from interesting, to a boon and asset to your interests.
4: two heads are somtimes better than one: You'll be out and about spending time with some one else who thinks differently, has different experiences in life, and if they are worth spending time with at all, and a decent person, may be capable of offering different points of view, advice, possess different experiential wisdom, or simply has opinions that differ for interesting reasons.

So, that's my unconventional idea on how to attract a mate.

So , what's your unconventional idea to attract a mate?

I had (nm'd) this post, but apparently some people can't leave well enough alone! :cautious:

:):unsure:

Last edited:
The nm threads always make me sad and annoyed. I want to know what it said. I'm nosy and need to know what it said. And in some cases, I worry that people post things that they really need to get off their chest and then think they will get judged and ridiculed, so they delete it before anyone can try to help.

But yeah, Minus could delete the thread, but it's probably unlikely. (At least it used to be unlikely) If you do it for one, that sends you down the rabbit hole of everyone wanting it done.

The nm threads always make me sad and annoyed. I want to know what it said. I'm nosy and need to know what it said. And in some cases, I worry that people post things that they really need to get off their chest and then think they will get judged and ridiculed, so they delete it before anyone can try to help.

But yeah, Minus could delete the thread, but it's probably unlikely. (At least it used to be unlikely) If you do it for one, that sends you down the rabbit hole of everyone wanting it done.
Ditto this! Like Callie, this always irks me.

What are my unconventional ways to attract a mate?

1.) Be former US President and occasional adult film actor, George W. Bush

2.) Don't NOT be former US President and occasional adult film actor, George W. Bush

GWB on GHB.jpg

But seriously though, I think a lot of attracting a partner starts with actually liking yourself and your life, which can be hard to do.

Last edited:
my unconventional idea is... no ideas to tell the truth, just to go have some rollerblading/beer instead...
hmm, I was told, that in the city where I live now, women don't drink beer, neither I've seen any middleaged woman rollerblading here, so maybe they would like to have it?:unsure:

I wish I had any ideas.
Maybe not to fake anything though, because you can pretend someone you are not(having smth you don't have) and it can attract a mate, but that means, you will have to live your faked you. I don't know.

A clever person sees a long line to a restaurant and a 50 minute wait to sit down, and thinks to themselves: "I can offer the hostess a $20 dollar bill to seat me immediately, if I do it when no one is looking." Bingo, a 50 minute wait, turns into being seated immediately, and if you are with some one, it's likely they will be impressed as well.
A bribe? Isn't it just sneaky?
Getting yourself a semi-long-term fake boyfriend or girlfriend has several advantages.
That advantages, is there any difference with just a friend? 1- ok, but you will know it's not true anyway and 2-4 work with just a friend. So I'd prefer just a friend.

I had (nm'd) this post, but apparently some people can't leave well enough alone!
Yeap, because we want to mind! Forever!

And nothing's wrong with this post, why nm it?//said someone who tends to type and erase :) I won't erase this one.

my unconventional idea is... no ideas to tell the truth, just to go have some rollerblading/beer instead...
hmm, I was told, that in the city where I live now, women don't drink beer, neither I've seen any middleaged woman rollerblading here, so maybe they would like to have it?:unsure:

I wish I had any ideas.
Maybe not to fake anything though, because you can pretend someone you are not(having smth you don't have) and it can attract a mate, but that means, you will have to live your faked you. I don't know.

A bribe? Isn't it just sneaky?

That advantages, is there any difference with just a friend? 1- ok, but you will know it's not true anyway and 2-4 work with just a friend. So I'd prefer just a friend.

Yeap, because we want to mind! Forever!

And nothing's wrong with this post, why nm it?//said someone who tends to type and erase :) I won't erase this one.
I'll just say..

When a bridge goes out in a town of lushes, it's probably a better idea to put a sign ahead of the bridge that reads: "FREE BEER! TURN RIGHT BEFORE THE BRIDGE!"

As for the post... Maybe I didn't think it'd be very interesting...

🦨

Last edited:
In a sense, this could be called unconventional. In the two relationships I had, they happened when I was not looking for any at all. Yet they happened. Evidently, how they came about, seems to be based on Prentice Mulford's Law of Attraction. That technique goes beyond just simple positive thinking. Rather the technique calls for you to visualize and feel that you already have what you want. Not only imagine it but also feel the actual happiness that would result from actually having it.
According to Prentice Mulford, most people can not get what they want because they feel so desperate. That emotion of desperation is obviously negative, so it blocks the successful manifestation of what you crave.
Just imagining or just visualizing is Not enough. You have to also feel the actual happiness that would result from actually having your wish come true. In imagining you already have your wish granted, you have to also feel its actual joy.

Latest posts

Back