Ugly ladies are BETTER than the attractive ones

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

August Campbell

My ultimate dream came true.
Reaction score
Ugly ladies are better than the attractive ones. It can be actually seen in the song,"If You Want To Be Happy," as sung by Jimmy Soul. One of its repeating lyrics insist "get an ugly girl to marry you." A good reason is because an attractive woman is shallow because she relies on her outward appearance alone--but the Ugly woman does not have the appearance so she has to rely on her Inner-person, which is what counts in the long run if you want a lasting relationship. What do you think?

A good reason is because an attractive woman is shallow because she relies on her outward appearance alone
See it all depends on how you define attractive and ugly. The most attractive woman in a room isn't necessarily the one with the most appealing outward appearance and conversely the ugliest can often be the one who is most physically appealing.

I think that there are good people among the attractive as well as there are bad among ugly.

I wonder, is a close romantic relationship possible with an ugly woman? My experience tells me that it can be only a friendship.

I think that there are good people among the attractive as well as there are bad among ugly.

I wonder, is a close romantic relationship possible with an ugly woman? My experience tells me that it can be only a friendship.
I would restate this question - Can you establish a close romantic relationship with a woman that YOU consider physically unattractive? My admittedly small sample indicates that it's very difficult.

Then I would say that it's a cruelty to fake an attachment to a woman you can't love.

Um, how about less attractive. It pays not to be obnoxious with choice of words.

I agree sort of, people who've known judgement and cruelty are often more empathetic and less inclined to do this to others, but it's a very broad generalization and there are many exceptions.

I get what you mean, but yeah, like others said, word choice makes a big difference in how your message comes across. As it is, the title of this thread reads like a backhanded compliment.

Anyway, I really don't think I could relate too easily to someone who's had an easy time, just coasting through life, everything going their way with little to no resistance whatsoever. I haven't faced the most adversity in the world, but at the same time I've never been a social "insider" either, so I would have difficulty connecting to that kind of person. I could be cordial to them as long as they aren't openly arrogant and nasty, but emotionally connecting enough for close friendship or romance, would be unlikely.

Um, how about less attractive. It pays not to be obnoxious with choice of words.

I agree sort of, people who've known judgement and cruelty are often more empathetic and less inclined to do this to others, but it's a very broad generalization and there are many exceptions.
Sorry, but isn't that exactly what you are doing here? Judging people based on their looks? Do you honestly believe that "attractive" and pretty people don't get judgments and cruelty? I can assure you that they do and I'm sure Ceno can also tell you that they do. You are doing exactly what you claim "good looking" people do. Like I said....stop judging based on looks. You have no idea what kind of person someone is and you also don't know what they've been through.

Sorry, but isn't that exactly what you are doing here? Judging people based on their looks? Do you honestly believe that "attractive" and pretty people don't get judgments and cruelty? I can assure you that they do and I'm sure Ceno can also tell you that they do. You are doing exactly what you claim "good looking" people do. Like I said....stop judging based on looks. You have no idea what kind of person someone is and you also don't know what they've been through.
Pointing out a pattern isn’t passing judgement on individuals. Many of Ceno’s comments have been, well, let’s say a teensy bit judgmental as well.

Pointing out a pattern isn’t passing judgement on individuals. Many of Ceno’s comments have been, well, let’s say a teensy bit judgmental as well.
Ah, so stereotypes are okay as long as any person sees a "pattern"?

It's a "pattern" in my area that men are drunken douchebags, so I guess it must be true of all men.

ETA....as for Ceno's comments, I point out what I disagree with when she says something, but me bringing up Ceno wasn't about "her" judgments, it was about showing you that "attractive" people suffer judgments and cruelty too. Having better skin and hair and complexion and whatever else you think makes one attractive doesn't mean that life is perfect. It doesn't mean that those people don't struggle and suffer also. It's crap that some of you seem to think that.

Ah, so stereotypes are okay as long as any person sees a "pattern"?

It's a "pattern" in my area that men are drunken douchebags, so I guess it must be true of all men.

ETA....as for Ceno's comments, I point out what I disagree with when she says something, but me bringing up Ceno wasn't about "her" judgments, it was about showing you that "attractive" people suffer judgments and cruelty too. Having better skin and hair and complexion and whatever else you think makes one attractive doesn't mean that life is perfect. It doesn't mean that those people don't struggle and suffer also. It's crap that some of you seem to think that.
Perfect, no, but I'd much rather be struggling with a supportive circle of friends as well as romantic partners showing up.

Perfect, no, but I'd much rather be struggling with a supportive circle of friends as well as romantic partners showing up.
and again, you are assuming things that aren't always true. Just because someone is good looking, doesn't mean they have supportive friends. Also doesn't mean that they have happy relationships. Want to know what it does mean for a lot of women? It means that they can get one night stands or abused (raped and the like) or harassed more easily.

The grass isn't always greener, so maybe stop assuming it is....The fact of the matter is that you don't know. All you do is assume. "Beauty" doesn't make life grand.

and again, you are assuming things that aren't always true. Just because someone is good looking, doesn't mean they have supportive friends. Also doesn't mean that they have happy relationships. Want to know what it does mean for a lot of women? It means that they can get one night stands or abused (raped and the like) or harassed more easily.

The grass isn't always greener, so maybe stop assuming it is....The fact of the matter is that you don't know. All you do is assume. "Beauty" doesn't make life grand.
Looks bias is real. Either you can't understand certain truths are generally true without being so for every individual, or you just want to argue for hell of it. Guessing the latter.

Looks bias is real.
Racism, discrimination and prejudice are also real things....doesn't mean it's okay, doesn't make it right and it also doesn't mean it's always a good thing. So, like I said, stop judging based on looks, it just makes you as bad as the people you complain about.

the true beauty of a woman lies in the sexual drive of the man because all women are gorgeous between their legs ... aesthetics criteria changes with time like centuries ago fat women were viewed as a beautiful and skinny as ugly ... the selection of women by men in this hierarchy has its origin in the fear of being laughed at or the joy to be envied when you go out with that woman in public

why do you always have to be so crude?
what you see as crude others may see as cute ... edit: from Google Translate I see "crude" has so many shades in meaning, I didn't know which one to pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back