will ALL people ever actually meet up in real life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SighX99

Reaction score
Bluey's post really have me wondering, if internet people are real.

ive given serious thought in the past about meeting up people in ALL. I even tried (very subtly) to get people to meet up. After reading Bluey's post on why he is (not leaving?) not here as often as he used to be, meet ups seems even harder.

i dont kno why i wanted to post this, im just curious to what people have to say about meetups.

I've thought about offering to host one here in the U.S. As nice an area as I think Idaho would be for it in the summer, I don't think I'm central enough to other Americans on the board to make it feasible.

I think a lot of people in general are still apprehensive about meeting people they they know from a forum. Add in people that are normally shy or have other issues anyways and you have a bit of a wild card.

I think it's possible, and it sounds like the UK meet up could (and should) still happen. I think it's a great thing and I'd go myself if I lived over there. But people have to be trusting to do it.

OK, this actually happened, about... I dunno, seven years ago maybe?

I used to hang out in a Yahoo "User Room." It was basically an 80s music room, where folks would play 80s music, chat, etc. Well, one night a member, who lives in Australia, mentioned coming to see her bf who lived in the Ohio area, at Cedar Point park. Well, by the end of the week, it was a full blow plan for a lot of the chatters to meet up. So, roughly two months later, we did just that! I rented a cabin and drove the 8 hours to get there. There were 20 or so people who came that weekend. I had a great time and will always remember it. The people who I grew close to in chat....I felt just as close to when I actually met them. I even still keep in touch with a few of them. I'd likely still be talking to most of the ones who were there that weekend, but unfortunately, Yahoo decided to remove the option to make your own chat rooms. After that, a lot of people just kind of drifted away. Such is the nature of the internet.
I still take the pictures out now and then and smile. :)

It sounds like you had quite an awesome time, Eve :)

I hope some meet ups occur from here in the future. I lurk a couple of other forums where some members have had gatherings and they seemed to really connect well away from the forum. It was nice to see and it definitely made me think how out of all the sites where I believe some people should meet, its this one that should create that chance for some people here.

Colorado is too far man. its a sick place to go tho. actually for a while i wanted to move there but now im a student so i have no money at all. '

i just wanna see who lives in california, especially southern california area.

it seems im the only lonely person in orange county.

I think Brians right in the fact that many people who are lonely and shy would have problems actually commiting to a meet up.I know that's the case for me anyway.I'd love to amke new friends and have a meet up but I know for a fact I;d be too nervous to actually go.It's that "what will they think of me" dilemma which is weird because we'd all be going throguh the same thing.lol loneliness can be a strange thing! It makes you want to meet new friends but back away from the possibilities.

SighX99 said:
Bluey's post really have me wondering, if internet people are real.
I am not real. I am a bot among many whith the sole purpose to make you believe there are people on the internet. But there are no people. You're into the matrix. You're alone, as a dreaming nymph in a bathtub.

I came really close to freaken just taking a oneway to meet someone I met on ALL.
She had the freaken same idea...:p
It's a 8 hour drive and sister live where she lives. It wasn't imposible.

I freaken told Kevin to run freaken outside so i can run over him a couple of weeks ago becuase I went to river side:p
It's like 3-4 drive to river side from where i live.

It's around 3 1/2 -4 hours to orange county from where I live.

SighX99 said:
ive given serious thought in the past about meeting up people in ALL. I even tried (very subtly) to get people to meet up.
I've thought the same. Internet support groups have only netted me 2 meetups and (including those) 4 telephone contacts. Three of those have long since vanished. That's all over a period of 2 decades - not exactly a resounding success I'd say.

Anyway, one would think a support group concerned with loneliness would facilitate connections, but then what do I know?!
olg

(PS I'm in central southwestern Ontario, if anyone's in that area.)

i've met two people from alonelylife.
one is the love of my life..airbug...i've 'meet' him several times..and will get to live with him for some months soon,
and lonewolf is a very good friend, and a really, really sweet person.

its possible to meet people.

Latest posts

Back