Will I

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodeilla

Reaction score
I wonder if I ever will be in another relationship. Having someone in your life can be risky. You won't always agree, and the other person could have a bad day. I'm usually in a good mood. How will I handle a grumpy person? I don't think I can. I don't know. Maybe I'll just walk out the room and ask them to make a mood adjustment. And what about being vulnerable? I was with someone for 11 years. They turned on me. You can't always trust people.

How am I going to meet anybody? I don't go anywhere. I'm a student taking online classes. I'm completely isolated. Will I ever be in another relationship.

If you want to meet people youll definitely have to break the isolation theres no real way around that. I live like that too im married still but i cant make friends because i stay at home due to anxiety but the truth is you HAVE to get out there if you want to make new friends and have a chance at a relationship. This site here gives some good helpful tips that might help you.

http://www.succeedsocially.com/

Its true sometimes people turn on you and its a terrible thing but dont let that fear stop you from living your life and searching for happiness. I do know one thing i wouldnt specifically focus on finding a relationship. Id focus on whatever makes you happy in life and make sure youre doing some social things and that ups your chances of finding a relationship if thats what youre looking for. What happens though when you set expectations for something to happen and it doesnt, it leads to dissapointment and then that makes you sad and probably depressed which takes even more time away from the hunt for a relationship. That make sense? So in all actuallity if you dont focus on it it makes it more likely to happen, plus youll be a lot happier in the long run.

Also when youre searching for a relationship if you met somebody you might be compatible with you wouldnt be able to truly be yourself because yould be nervous more than likely because yould feel like everything was hinging on that one event. It makes it really hard to just be yourself when you do that. Im no relationship expert by any means but thats just what ive learned from years of dealing with trying to find friends and things and i think that carries over to finding a significant other too.

Hope this helps some.

Thanks. That makes sense to go about my life and become more social. A relationship may develop out of the blue.

bodeilla said:
Thanks. That makes sense to go about my life and become more social. A relationship may develop out of the blue.

I hope you find some happiness for yourself, im sorry for all you went through.

Thanks, Shade. I got inspired to try an online dating site today. I talked to someone for a while. He liked my initial pic and asked for another one. I gave him one and then suddenly he had to go. No explanation. Just stopped talking. No word. I felt bad by that. I think I'm over it. I'm going to wait a while before I try again. I'm overweight. I guess people hate that. I was just hoping to be liked for who I am.

bodeilla said:
Thanks, Shade. I got inspired to try an online dating site today. I talked to someone for a while. He liked my initial pic and asked for another one. I gave him one and then suddenly he had to go. No explanation. Just stopped talking. No word. I felt bad by that. I think I'm over it. I'm going to wait a while before I try again. I'm overweight. I guess people hate that. I was just hoping to be liked for who I am.

You will be liked just for who you are. Some people on dating sites are just looking for a one night hookup...and pass by the people that could really make a wopnderful GF/or BF. Please don't let this get you down. Don't stop trying.... I know you've heard these words before....but its important to not give up hope.

If you feel isolated, try a meet up group even if its not for singles....just people getting together, or spending time with family and friends you feel comfortable with.

This is just a rough patch, we all go through them. I'm sorry your Ex of 11 years turned on you..i know that can make you feel jaded. (hug)

You have friends here to talk to and reach out to... try the chat room, its buiser at night usually between 7pm-1am eastern standard time. There are awesome people to talk to in there!

bodeilla said:

Well i like what this youtuber i watch sometimes said. He was talking about his friends, and how lucky he was to find some decent ones.I think it applies to this sittuation too though. He said you might go through about a thousand Aholes before you find the few good ones. I think thats true in dating too. Youll run into more bad than good. Dating is like work its not fun until you find the right one. Dont let those kinds of people get you down.Also if theyre that shallow and petty theyre saving you the trouble of dealing with them right?

Another thing too if theyre not going to be in your life who gives a flying rats purple butthole about their opinion? lol

Yes, I got to thinking about it. The person is very shallow. So that's good that he decided to leave me alone. There's a ton of fish in the water. It's going to take time to find someone compatible. A "hook-up" situation is not what I'm going for. I'm too important to me to do that to myself. I'm going to stick to my guns and focus on personality and anyone who immediately starts asking for pics can go... well you know.

Latest posts

Back