*Windows Support Phone Call Scam*

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sci-Fi

Watcher
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like this is going around again.

Just yesterday I received a phone call from an East Indian sounding gentleman. He claimed he was calling from Microsoft Windows Support, and that my computer had been sending them error reports about possible virus infection.

THIS IS A SCAM!

Right away I told him that is a bunch of bullshit (pardon my cursing) cause Microsoft Support would not have my private cell phone number on file, and I have not sent in any error reports to support, and I have up to date virus protection (which ironically was upgraded just a few days ago). Plus he was calling from a blocked ID number. The guy kept trying to get my attention and talk to me, which is what they will do an try to assure you they are legitimate, they are not.

If you do submit anything to Microsoft support they will not call you, they will respond to your messages via email or on their site. This scam has been going on for a few years now. Looks like it is hitting my area (ontario) again.

If anyone receives a phone call like this do not give them any information.

IKR!

I'm researching this to find out what they try to do. Apparently they will try to get you to download malware or give them remote access to your PC, or offer PC protection and get you to give them your private information.

Latest posts

Back