Women at work still loathe me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ardour said:
h3donist said:
Are you looking to date these women? If not then why do you focus on them, rather than your male colleagues too?

Not really, most of them would have partners anyway. Of course being single there’s always the hope of meeting someone. Is that the only reason I should care about this?

Well...in short, yes. Why would you waste a minute of your life on these people?

It's simple - You can spend your life worrying what others think of you, or you can get on with your work while working then as soon as its time to go home, do something so amazing or fun or worthwhile with your spare time that any thoughts of what your work colleagues think of you won't matter a bit.

just do what you love, whatever makes you happy. And if you don't know what that is then you have fun finding out, all you have to do is try.

People can decide if it's paranoia or not.

The running meet up I was going to on Thursday evenings has dwindled to about 3 people (3 guys). There used to be about 7-12, depending. About half were women.

I can't help thinking this is the reason: some ugly dude turns up, suddenly the women feel uncomfortable and stop going, then the guys gradually stop bothering too. Not sure if the guy who's organizing it has realized yet.

If I want to do something, I have to do it on my own.

ardour said:
People can decide if it's paranoia or not.

The running meet up I was going to on Thursday evenings has dwindled to about 3 people (3 guys). There used to be about 7-12, depending. About half were women.

I can't help thinking this is the reason: some ugly dude turns up, suddenly the women feel uncomfortable and stop going, then the guys gradually stop bothering too. Not sure if the guy who's organizing it has realized yet.

If I want to do something, I have to do it on my own.

That happened to me with this quiz night a few years ago.
Loads of names on there, once I put my name down, they all dropped out. In the end only me and 2 women went. I enjoyed it though, it was a good night and we won !

ardour said:
Triple Bogey said:
I doubt that very much. You probably want women to notice you, pay you attention and when they don't, you make up these situations in your head.

That's your opinion then. At this point I'd be satisfied to just fade into the background and go unnoticed, but that isn't possible either.

but you mentioned a few female friends so at least some women like you. That's a positive. If other women don't like you then balls to them, not worth thinking about.

Latest posts

Back