Would a real friend tell you to cheat on your husband?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangy002

Reaction score
I am lonely and my husband ignores me most of the time. So a good friend advise me to cheat!!!! Which I DO NOT PLAN ON CHEATING ON MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!! Would a real friend tell you to cheat on your husband? What kind of a friend advises you to do wrong?? a jealous friend maybe?

People have all sorts of different motives for advice they might give. Maybe she thinks she's actually helping and doesn't realize how catastrophic that kind of thing can be to a relationship. I'm wondering though...maybe it's best to focus on your relationship, rather than advice from your friend. Have you considered counseling for your marriage? Even if your husband won't go, it might still be viable for you to go.
It's hard to determine what your friend is or is not thinking to be honest. There could be any number of reason he/she might give such advice.

I am glad that you are standing by your values and I hope that you do work things out with your husband. Every relationship has had its fair share of hardship - but cooperative perseverance and effort can help overcome even the hardest times.

I would expect that a friend would advise and encourage you to work things out...rather than to suggest you to cheat and to lie to your husband.

Now I'm not implying that you should end your friendship...however, the "advice" she has given speaks volumes about her character and her beliefs.

In today's instant-gratification obsessed society, for some, they may find it easier to cheat rather than to confront their partner and work towards a solution. Sex and companionship can be easily found through the Internet, and there are even websites catered to unhappy, married persons.

I know of many women that have cheated, and frankly, they act as if it is the norm. These are the everyday, average working women mind you...co-workers, acquaintances, neighbours etc. I believe that at one time in their lives, they came to a point where you are at now.

But the difference between you, them, and your friend is that you are a fighter.
Do what you believe is right for your relationship...rather than take advice which goes against your beliefs, and from a friend who maybe cannot understand where you're coming from...

even if you were trying to consider her honest intention (looking out for you), it's a problem if your friends are ... I wouldn't say dump, but give rushed decisions and advices to others. you see when a friend wants to help you but end up causing harm to you instead. :S
because I'm not married, neither been in a relationship once, but cheating is a mistake, there's definitely an better alternative/

Your friend is probably bored out of her skull and by suggesting you cheating on hubby she hopes for some gossip-candy to spice up her own miserable life!

Hi Luna:

You are absolutely correct! she is of poor character bad beliefs. She has cheated on her husband. Thanks so much for your warm words. My husband and I are working on our married. He plans on cutting his work hours so he can be home more.....Thanks again.

Luna said:
I am glad that you are standing by your values and I hope that you do work things out with your husband. Every relationship has had its fair share of hardship - but cooperative perseverance and effort can help overcome even the hardest times.

I would expect that a friend would advise and encourage you to work things out...rather than to suggest you to cheat and to lie to your husband.

Now I'm not implying that you should end your friendship...however, the "advice" she has given speaks volumes about her character and her beliefs.

In today's instant-gratification obsessed society, for some, they may find it easier to cheat rather than to confront their partner and work towards a solution. Sex and companionship can be easily found through the Internet, and there are even websites catered to unhappy, married persons.

I know of many women that have cheated, and frankly, they act as if it is the norm. These are the everyday, average working women mind you...co-workers, acquaintances, neighbours etc. I believe that at one time in their lives, they came to a point where you are at now.

But the difference between you, them, and your friend is that you are a fighter.
Do what you believe is right for your relationship...rather than take advice which goes against your beliefs, and from a friend who maybe cannot understand where you're coming from...

a "friend" who knows better? no

a friend who doesn't know better? sure

Instead of presuming that your friend maybe jealous and is trying to wreck your home, tell your friend that you will NOT do such a thing, and tell her (A man would never advice a women to cheat, not even for his own gain I hope) that her advice was a flawed one for she advised you to practise something destructive. Decide based on whether if she agrees or disagrees that her advice was indeed flawed.

Latest posts

Back