Would you date a girl who had HIV?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theglasscell

Reaction score
If you met a girl who was really awesome and you found her really attractive but she was HIV positive, would you consider dating her?

If she disclosed it before we were sexually active I wouldn't have any problem with that. I have enough sense to use protection unlike some other guys out there. However, there will come a time where I would forget or no longer want to wear a condom. So you have that to consider as well.

Considering it takes more than simple attraction for me to want to date someone, if that was the only issue I'd learn to live with that yes.

She was honest...and that's a good thing. I would date her... just use protection and keep open communication.

theglasscell said:
If you met a girl who was really awesome and you found her really attractive but she was HIV positive, would you consider dating her?

If I really liked her, then YES. It's manageable imo.

I've only ever had two sex partners in my life (and I'm 30) so that's why I said what I did. I guess sex could matter but it don't mean diddly squat to me because I try not to think about it most of the time.

theglasscell said:

Well, since I'm straight....let's reverse the question.

If you met a GUY who was really awesome and you found HIM really attractive but HE was HIV positive, would you consider dating him?

No, no and no. Deal breaker.

Yeah probably not. Condoms being 99% effective are pretty good odds, but that still means the laws of probability state that after you have sex 100 times it'l get through. Which means after like 2 weeks I'd be HIV positive as well.

>.>

theglasscell said:

What if she was awesome but not that attractive? :D

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm 30 and I'm a virgin, so I'd like to have sex sometime in my life.

There's been some people in my life who were amazed that I saved my virginity until I was 23. And I will say that I'm amazed there are guys like you out there. Hopefully you find the right girl when the time comes. From my personal experience, sex on a whole is ok but most of the time I hate it. Doing other things is nice but I personally hate intercourse.

Limlim said:
Yeah probably not. Condoms being 99% effective are pretty good odds, but that still means the laws of probability state that after you have sex 100 times it'l get through. Which means after like 2 weeks I'd be HIV positive as well.

>.>

LOL@ two weeks. I hope your lady doesn't have a full time job - she'd never keep up with it and YOU. :p That's roughly seven times a day.

As long as she was completely open and honest about it, then I'd find a way to make it work. HIV isn't the death sentence it appeared to be in the early 80s, so I sure as hell wouldn't let it stand in the way of what could be a wonderful relationship.

EveWasFramed said:
Limlim said:

>.>

LOL@ two weeks. I hope your lady doesn't have a full time job - she'd never keep up with it and YOU. :p That's roughly seven times a day.

I see nothing wrong with seven times a day! :D

Limlim said:
EveWasFramed said:
Limlim said:

>.>

I see nothing wrong with seven times a day! :D

I didn't suggest there was. :D I just said that if she works full time, she might not be able to keep up, lol.

will normal said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm 30 and I'm a virgin, so I'd like to have sex sometime in my life.

There's been some people in my life who were amazed that I saved my virginity until I was 23. And I will say that I'm amazed there are guys like you out there. Hopefully you find the right girl when the time comes. From my personal experience, sex on a whole is ok but most of the time I hate it. Doing other things is nice but I personally hate intercourse.

I'm sure there are men out there that hate sex too.

Latest posts

Back