Would you date a man in his 30's who has never had a girlfriend?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always prefer guys who had as few previous relationships as possible. No exes to cause problems/worry about and I wouldn't like the thought of being someones umpteenth girlfriend.

Then again, this has caused me issues in the past. I had 5 relationships before I met my husband. One guy was 31 (I was 23) and he hadn't had another relationship. He just was not able to get past his issues and pushed me away to the point where eventually after a few months I just let him push me away and walked away myself. Once I did this he spent a long time trying to get me back, but the damage had already been done (final straw was being blanked in public by him as he didn't want to tell his mother that he had a girlfriend).

So yes I was always willing, and even preferred, to date guys with limited experience. But if they have limited relationships for reason of emotional or personal issues, then the relationship might not go very far.

Peaches said:
Hi Jim 19-79, I guess it is really crucial how you communicate that bit of information, maybe you can not disclose it until they see how nice and balanced you are and a great catch, and start liking you? If you potentially can have a relationship, then it doesn't matter much if you haven't had one before.
A long time ago I had a longish relationship (let's call it like that) with this guy, 32, who never really had a real relationship before, and it was a nightmare not because he never had relationships before but because he was a jerk (starting fights, yelling, threatening suicide to obtain what he wanted, etc), and almost 10 years later I hear he still does the the same to all his girlfriends.
So, it doesn't really matter how many girlfriends you have had, but if you are ready to have one.

well now he's an experienced jerk.

Latest posts

Back