Would You Have A Relationship With A Guy Like This?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lost Soul

Someone who is genuine, loyal, honest and funny. He's 23 and has a car (Toyota Yaris). He is adventures, loving, but very shy at first. He is outgoing and loves to go hiking, driving, GeoCaching and exploring. He is a big fan of The Hunger Games, and is good with computers.

He is a naturist, which means that he likes to spend most time nude, but it isn't sexual in nature.

The downside is that, he has Asperger's, Syndrome, awkward looking, lacking social/communication skills and hardly has any friends. He's communication skills aren't bad, if you met him on the street, you'd never know he has any disabilities. His speaks for most of the time. He is NOT handicapped. He does get along with his family. He can get a long with most people fine. Speaks with an British/Australian accent at times. He can have a silly, random personality when he is in good spirits. He is sensitive with some things and can be overwhelmed by big changes.

He doesn’t like crowds, he doesn’t fit in with most people, because he is generally either not accepted or misjudged. He is not into partying, drinking, drugs, fancy cars etc.
He is leverage size, except a little little chubby, but not a lot. He has dark, short hair and is 5 ft 4in.

He prefers someone that is like or similar to him, someone who is genuine, honest, loyal, caring etc. Someone who doesn’t judge and understands him and someone who is there for him. He has never been in a relationship before. He prefers to wait until marriage to shag.

Because of his lack of social skills, he can sometimes not know what to and what not say. He DOES understand a lot and get understand the meaning of things like jokes, innuendo, sarcasm etc. Many people with Autism can't. Due to his disability to fully understand how he says things, he can sometimes sound cold or not caring, but he does not mean to, nor is that his intention. He means well, and he never says anything to intentionally hurt someone or sound mean.

Also, due to his lack of communication skills, he sometimes says the wrong words in sentences, so it doesn’t make sense. He knows when this happens, it has to do with his his brain processes information. He wears glasses, usually for driving.

For the past couple of years, he has gotten a frequent amount of canker sores on his tongue, which is really painful and bothersome to him. He will have one or two, for usually a week, and after a few days, it will get sore again. This prevents him from getting a job, as he we need to spent most of his time off.

It doesn't matter if you're on the autism spectrum or you have two heads. If people can't accept you as you are, then they don't deserve to know you.
I wouldn't have any issues at all having a relationship with someone as you described.

Callie said:
It doesn't matter if you're on the autism spectrum or you have two heads. If people can't accept you as you are, then they don't deserve to know you.
I wouldn't have any issues at all having a relationship with someone as you described.

That's what I thought. It shouldn't matter what you have or do or are. If someone doesn't like you for you, then they aren't worth your time. If someone doesn't accept you as you are, then they'll forever think that you should change for them. And you'll end up being someone you're just not.

And I wouldn't mind being with someone as you described.

Plenty of Aspies in relationships. I even know a guy with severe autism, and he has a wife. It's not a lost cause.

You are already ahead of everyone else, since you are intelligent and well written. You just need to figure out the social stuff. Pick up some how-to-date books if you need help.

Lost Soul said:
Also, due to his lack of communication skills, he sometimes says the wrong words in sentences, so it doesn’t make sense. He knows when this happens, it has to do with his his brain processes information.

I do this all of the time... Add words, reinvent words, wrong words... Forget words. It sucks.

I have posted this on other forums, and websites, so see how many people said yes.

My looks is another thing, as I have no attractions (most likely why girls judge me and give me bad looks when they first lay eyes on me. If I don't at them, they usually don't see me.

It's hard not to look, as I'm desperate or wish I was them.

Latest posts

Back