Wow, we hear with our eyes!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have very acute hearing and heard “fah“ in the first instance. Yes that’s an interesting effect. It’s like all those “you hear what you read” reels you see on Instagram. But it’s understandable when you think about it. Making an F sound with you mouth looks so different to a G sound, hence how lip readers manage. The next question would be, “Is it easier for your ears to manipulate sound than your eyes to manipulate sight?” This example would indicate the former, but I don’t know.

I have very acute hearing and heard “fah“ in the first instance. Yes that’s an interesting effect. It’s like all those “you hear what you read” reels you see on Instagram. But it’s understandable when you think about it. Making an F sound with you mouth looks so different to a G sound, hence how lip readers manage. The next question would be, “Is it easier for your ears to manipulate sound than your eyes to manipulate sight?” This example would indicate the former, but I don’t know.
Oh good questions! I think our eyes are very easy to manipulate based on all the illusions like these:
https://www.pcmag.com/news/21-optical-illusions-that-prove-your-brain-sucks

Try it..the sound you hear changes depending on if your eyes are open or closed!

lady-gaga-bad-romance.gif

I love Vsauce.
"Do chairs exist?"
:unsure:

Latest posts

Back