Yes!! A Plan for my Life!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
I'm so excited. In my current situation, it's nearly impossible for me to go to college. Without college, I can't get a job that pays enough for me to support myself. I know I've talked to a few people about me possibly going to college for math to become a math teacher. It's just really not possible because I can't quit my job to go to school.

BUT. I have found a career path that I can work with!! Medical coding and billing. I can take a medical coding and billing certification class. (90 hour class). I can then get a job as a medical coder in the hospital that I work at making enough money to live on my own!! Plus I'd be able to choose my work hours. With my own schedule available, I could then go to school part time to work on getting an associates degree. After I get that, I can become a Registered Health Information Technician making enough to support myself and even a family!

I'm pumped :) The job description is appealing to me and the classes to get it are affordable!

That's ossum Jesse :cool: Sounds like a good plan!
And to be able to choose your own work hours, that's really cool.
When will you be able to start this class?
Wish you all the best :)

Thanks Oceanmist! I should be able to start class in the fall :) It's only 675$, so I should have that much saved by the time class starts in fall. It's only a 91 hour class as well. I'm already working in the HIM dept. of my local hospital, so as soon as a coding position opens up I should be able to get in. This would give me enough to be able to live on my own. After 2-3 years experience I can go to work for a hospital in a bigger city.

And this always makes me happy to see :)

Go for it, Jesse. Be sure, in the meantime, to network within your hospital. If the right people already acknowledge you as a hard worker and someone who's pleasant to be around and work with, then you'll have all the more going for you when you apply for a position. Networking is crucial...without it, I'd still be picking up sticks for a living right now.

Doesn't it feel good to have a goal, though? I find it changes everything, though sometimes we take it for granted when we have one.

Good advice Brian, thank you. It's definately very nice to have a plan and goals; something to work towards. It feels good to feel like I have options, rather than feeling like I'm stuck. Rather than feeling like I'll always depend on somebody for a place to live; now I feel like I'll be able to live completely dependent upon myself.

Latest posts

Back