You Know you're Lonely When..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when a strange old lady asks you out for coffee, and you actually consider accepting

...ya totally true story the only reason i declined was becuase i was out of money and i had to get to student health before it closed

..I'm considering it a minor plus

evanescencefan91 said:
when a strange old lady asks you out for coffee, and you actually consider accepting

High five!
Something like that happened to me too.
Totally a step-up from my usual daily routine.

(Okay, I've got a new one. You know you're lonely when you feel proud of having an old lady ask you out for coffee.)

rolfs

wow what a coincidence

go us

those old ladys just can't resist us can they?

:p

When you buy something during Christmas, wrap it up, write on it that its from Santa to you, pretend that you don't know what it is, then open it in front of an audience claiming it's the best gift ever (when it's the only gift you've got), and still feeling clever after it.

When Christmas day is going to be the same as every other day. No presents, no family, no dinner, no anything, not even a Christmas card.

Oh well, I'll just have my glass of red wine and go back to sleep.

Punisher said:
When Christmas day is going to be the same as every other day. No presents, no family, no dinner, no anything, not even a Christmas card.

Oh well, I'll just have my glass of red wine and go back to sleep.

How about when Christmas is not only just another day for you, but while you're living it like any other day, the rest of your family is in the very next room feeling all that holiday TV magic.

Not as light-hearted as it should be, but I'll be back during daylight hours all revved up with some nice witty humor.

'Night to anyone who comes by this post

You turn to dating sims like Love Plus, and end up marrying your virtual girlfriend.
Some guy did

When you realize it is all irrelevant. The ant hill you built means nothing in the big scheme of things... but i guess its my ant hill so whatever.

- When your excited when a car passes your house
- When you get excited when you awnser the phone even if it's a wrong number.
- If you consider it a successful social gathering if your cat is in the same room as you.

Ladysphinx said:
- If you consider it a successful social gathering if your cat is in the same room as you.

lol - my daughter is with her dad this weekend and I caught myself conversing with my cat yesterday. I'm well on my way to becoming a crazy cat lady! :D
I feel lonely when I check my phone and I haven't received any texts.

Teresa

1. when you respond to craiglists ads just to receive emails or call about an item just to have a conversation.
2. you pick up the landline phone just to make sure you still have a dial tone.
3. when you wake up the cat so you can give him some love and he bites the honeysuckle out of you
4. when you are so use to daydreaming that you actually get annoyed when the phone rings and disrupts the dreaming
5. you realize you never share a meal with anyone. When you do drive over to see a family member and then eat with them, you wonder if your table manners are up to parr. You have to stop yourself from saying out loud, "wow, the last time I shared a meal with someone was at christmas"
6. the best conversation you've had in a long time is with the cashier and you are holding up the line because you are enjoying the conversation.
7. when you can tell the difference between the real lonely people on this forum and the ones that aren't really lonely but who need to be the star of the show.

blah, blah, blah, blah Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes I think lonely peoples' sole purpose is to make other people feel like they are the star of the show.

Latest posts

Back