your creativity needed!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwasaloverb4thiswar

Reaction score
So last night a friend and I went to this small independent film festival. It was really a lot of fun, all of the films were pretty amazing and we got to meet some intresting people. BUT the night kicked up a notch in awesomeness when we entered our names into a raffle and won!! What we won; a super 8 camera and film to use in making our own small picture to be debuted at the next festival in May! Ahhh, exciting right?

Well neither I nor my friend know how to use it or have ever really made a film before, and to top it all off, we also had to pick from a hat what the film would be about (all of the attendees contributed what they thought would be a good idea for a film).

We got a strip of paper that said "69" ahahahaaa

SO we need to make a film that somehow incorporates "69" into it. Now this has to be a family friendly film so put those dirty thoughts aside, WE NEED IDEAS!!
'69' does not to be centeral to the plot, just somehow represented. I know there is quite a lot of creativity running rampant on this site so I am hoping y'all won't mind sharing some of your thoughts with me!

69 Tea is the name of a song by Seether.
You could have it playing in the backround at one part or something like that.

That is so awesome winning a camera!

69,lol idk maybe you could have 69 pictures behind characters as they are speaking something as minor as that maybe?

Never made a movie before, can't think of any good ideas at the moment but I'll be thinking

Oooo, interesting! I'm studying to become a movie director and an opportunity like this is just what i hope to get one day too. ;)

Anyway, i make music too and would be glad to provide You with whatever You need! =)

How about the characters at the beginning of the movie (for example) work at a store called something '69', like a clothes store or something? But those props could be hard to get just like that. Some object called 69, like a moped or the like, which one or more of the characters of the movie need or use alot for something, would perhaps be the easiest yet best way to present those numbers.

wow, thats cool, congratulations.
Here are some ideas.

I guess you don't have any cutting equipment, so you should look for something easy with least cuts as possible.

- drive 69 km or miles with a car and film it (I would try different a times of the day to find the best effect), maybe dub it with a poem or simply music that fits. Could also be a short story about a journey which is 69 km long.
- I don't know how much time you got left, but what about a sentence a day ? So you got some kind of diary. Or make it fictional, let somebody tell a story by telling his/her story in 69 day-scenes (would be cool to have 69 different persons or 69 different writer for the sentences).
- ask different people to tell a part of their life in 69 secs, each.

There is also one song star69 by REM and one by Fatboy Slim.

There are many songs that have 69 in them. Do a film about songs that contain the numbers 69. Maybe make your own music video's or plot based upon the music video's of the song or based on the lyrics.

Or like the count in sesume street you could count up from 0 -69 and make the film about things that are or represent the numbers. While having someone count through them.

Jimi Hendrix fits into this REALLY well: There's this biography written by his fiancee, Monika Danneman, and in it there is a picture that Hendrix had drawn of those numbers. The 6 and the 9 are one, the circles of each head shared and the tails protruding on the top and bottom; he saw a lot of spiritual connectedness in them. I'm not going to go on a rant about Jimi Hendrix, but I would recommend checking that book out. Okay, I'm done with that.

You did mention earlier your support of the idea of humanity's interconnectedness, which as you know I completely agree with; and with that in mind, I think something to consider would be that theme. It's probably just a stupid idea, but hey, I can afford losing two cents! Although I could've used them to make wishes in a well someday...although that's probably never going to happen, so don't worry about it, eh? Good luck X)

midnightlamp said:
Jimi Hendrix fits into this REALLY well: There's this biography written by his fiancee, Monika Danneman, and in it there is a picture that Hendrix had drawn of those numbers. The 6 and the 9 are one, the circles of each head shared and the tails protruding on the top and bottom; he saw a lot of spiritual connectedness in them. I'm not going to go on a rant about Jimi Hendrix, but I would recommend checking that book out. Okay, I'm done with that.

You did mention earlier your support of the idea of humanity's interconnectedness, which as you know I completely agree with; and with that in mind, I think something to consider would be that theme. It's probably just a stupid idea, but hey, I can afford losing two cents! Although I could've used them to make wishes in a well someday...although that's probably never going to happen, so don't worry about it, eh? Good luck X)

WOW!! That is awesome! **** you are good. I am definitely going to check that out. If we end up using it your name goes in the credits in big bold letters, lol.

You could have someone looking for someone or something with 69 on it... (tattoo of 69, shirt with 69, toy car with 69 on it) or maybe even saving up to buy something that's $69 and then they get the money and it's $70. -_-

I don't know about a definite story, but the concept could be "turning things around/change in perspective"- as 6 is 9 upside down, and vice versa. You could have a major twist at the end that shifts the frame of reference completely around. I think a little bit of actual number usage in the film would be cool, too. Like have some prop in every scene that has 69 very subtly on it (i.e. doors, books, clothing, etc).

Maybe you could make it an offshoot of Area 51, instead calling it Area 69. C'mon, you know you like no budget horror movies.

The May 13 Incident is a term for the Sino-Malay race riots in Kuala Lumpur (then part of the state of Selangor), Malaysia, which began on May 13, 1969. These riots continued for a substantial period of time, leading the government to declare a state of national emergency and suspend Parliament until 1971.
It happened in 1969 and is something interesting to write about. :)

Latest posts

Back