your personal hobby

• Thread starter aninnocentbystander
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

aninnocentbystander

Hey guys um...gosh where do I begin haha.. well basically uh..I've been a member of A Lonely Life for a little while, and I was noticing the direction that this place is really growing and expanding, and how I love chillin' on the forums on lazy days, and talking/meeting new people. Now, enough of me ranting, I'll get to the point (I know, finally, I'm sorry :p) I was wondering if you guys would like to post your hobbies here, so we can find out what people like, and if similar, maybe share some PM's or e-mails to one another, I'll start off..

um..16 year old male, like to play cstrike (as most of you know already :D), working on my car, learning more about engines, cars, etc, and one day (this may sound far off but I'm aiming!), to become a WRC driver or co-driver. (If you don't know what that is go to video.google and search for "WRC", you'll get quite alot of hits). Well thats basically all, I hope most of you can contribute and we can really get somethings rolling and make some new friends :)

Cool ^^
I play computer games, and make them (software developer.) I like techy stuff, and fast cars (I have one, and one motorcycle.) I have fun camping, hiking, bike riding, stuff like that. I'm interested in business. I like reading fantasy fiction with good characters. Oh and I like music. That's about it!

Videogame/Computer gaming JUNKIE.......i love games......but besides that i also am into Art----Writing Music, Drawing, and painting.

PS : To the Dev....any positions open for easy jobs......i just wana be in the gaming industry so bad. but i dont have any college papers....but im Passionate about gaming. Pm me thanks man.

Why so many lonely gamers? :/ how come when someone can throw a football really good hes popular.. but when someone can get 10 headshots in a row they are a lonely geek? ..... darn that status shaping pop culture of ours.

Nice to see so many gamers ^^

I'm a huge computer/video game fan, ever since I got a NES for christmas when I was five. Besides that, I love music. I play some guitar myself, trying to get better. I also love movies, and I like reading when I have the time, mostly history and some fantasy.

It's funny how so many people here complain they are lonely, ask for people to pm them, but then ditch and refuse to communicate when someone does try to talk to them....

mimizu said:
It's funny how so many people here complain they are lonely, ask for people to pm them, but then ditch and refuse to communicate when someone does try to talk to them....

What does, "Pm," mean?

Wow, off-topicness...

PM stands for Personal Message :). And wow alot of people here who like games, I can agree with that and music, should have put that also, I mainly listen to techno, trance, etc :D

Yeah Mimi people are funny. If you're talking about Mike, give him more time.

Mike: I *just* got into the industry myself...will pm ya though!

I hope your not talking about me =)....i usually Check these forums daily and always reply to PMs.....and Try to reply to most direct forum messages.....but since ive cleared that up.....no empathy i dont have any exp for making games.....wish i did....but you gotta start somewhere. But now a days starting somewhere means college and nothing else....to bad im not skool material. o well.

Hi everyone.. I hope I'm not too old for you all. I am a Mom.. I have 4 kiddies.. I do love computers. I am currently in school to get a bachelors degree in computer information systems. Maybe some of you "geeks" can help me with some of my programming classes.

I am not a huge gamer - but I do steal a little time on my kids' Nintendo game cube. Tee hee hee. I love all kinds of music... Everything from heavy metal to classical.

I think the gamers are lonely since it is a solitary thing usually. Also it's easier to get into fantasy world rather than deal with cold ugly real world. So it actually sucks any social skills out of you. And makes you perhaps more scared anxious and thus geeky when dealing with the real world and real people.

I HATE sports and jocks. Well, I don't hate them. I just don't understand how they can think throwing a ball around matters whatsoever and in 100 years what they did for a living will have zero effect on the world. Versus a writer or artist or musician who can create something beautiful for all eternity.

haha, like the motto, 'High school hero, real life ZERO.' Anyway, I take programming in school, youngest one in the class (sophomore). We use Visual Basic, pretty elementary stuff (hence the name). Sorry soul but, I don't know any high level programming, I wish... I tried to teach myself Java, boy did that not work :p. Keep up the posts, I'm seeing alot of positive PM requests, always a good sight :D

I've had C#, SQL and Java... Java has been the hardest yet... Although I hear it is suppose to be the most user friendly.. ????

hahaha...user friendly my eye, I wanted to throw my monitor out my window :p

aninnocentbystander said:
hahaha...user friendly my eye, I wanted to throw my monitor out my window :p

Oh thank God. I thought that I was just a messed up person (sanity still pending). Java is the only class that I've ever needed tutoring in. Maybe it is like Excel... I hated Excel until I learned how to use it.

hehe.. yeah don't feel bad :p, and good luck with college, as I said earlier im only in high school lol

well this is kind of random but, thought I'd share for all those out there who like techno or trance, I recommend DJ Inphinity - Euro Temptations (series). I'm listening to euro 2 right now, very uplifting and makes you feel good if you're feelin a bit blue :)

aninnocentbystander said:
hehe.. yeah don't feel bad :p, and good luck with college, as I said earlier im only in high school lol

You young, whipper-snapper.. Well back in my day - we didn't have computers.. As a matter of fact - we didn't even have paper or pencils.. Tee hee hee.. Just kidding.

I'm glad to see that they are teaching this stuff in high schools. It will definitely help you in college. I have 4 kids and my 10 year old has a mind for computers. I have thought about teaching her some programming. I could at least get her started on Visual Logic.. And then maybe C#.

You wanted to throw your monitor out the window.. I wanted to throw mine at my teacher.. Tee hee hee..

Latest posts

Back