Your View On Hunting Animals For Sport

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One night at the chess club, we were discussing hunting. I said that I don't think that I'd have the heart to kill an animal. Even for food. One of the members replied and said to me. No. You just get others to do it for you.

I asked him what he meant and he said Jason, you don't have the heart to kill an animal for food, but yet you walk down to the grocery store and buy steak or other meats don't you?

I answered yes. He said do you see what I'm getting at? I had no response to his remark. It made me feel like such a hypocrite.

My boss hunts, I don't agree with it but I don't say anything. He enjoys it and eats what he kills. He once showed me a buck he killed and a wild turkey he picked up off the side of the road. The bird was hit by a person in front of him so it was a fresh kill. It was kind of gross to me, I really didn't want to see it. The fun part is when he brings his toys in for repair or to leave them here for storage, and there is blood all over it. Nice.

Sci-Fi said:
My boss hunts, I don't agree with it but I don't say anything. He enjoys it and eats what he kills. He once showed me a buck he killed and a wild turkey he picked up off the side of the road. The bird was hit by a person in front of him so it was a fresh kill. It was kind of gross to me, I really didn't want to see it. The fun part is when he brings his toys in for repair or to leave them here for storage, and there is blood all over it. Nice.

*hurls* eewwwwww

its just wrong

killing is killing

animals have familys and parkners also
so who give humans the right to kill them
for fun (NO)

its just messed up

Never understood this hunting for food excuse. Granted a couple of hundred years ago hunting was necessary but are you telling me that some modern era moron packing his expensive guns in a fuel guzzling SUV needs to go out to hunt for food to survive?

Sci-Fi said:

My ex and his friends used to go off the road to hit deer. :rolleyes:
Also, my brother-in-law once tried to chase me around with a turkey he had just shot. I would have kicked his ass for it, but my ex stopped me. :club:

You know, i'm not really giving a fresia about people killing animals. But I also don't really give a fresia about people killing people. So ye, I'm just biased i guess.

Biased about not being biased?

3005.jackie-chan-meme-why.jpg

I find hunting just for the thrill of the kill offensive. It is a waste of a living creature and shows a lack of respect for the natural balance of things, I think.

As an on-again, off-again vegan/self-loathing omnivore, I am often conflicted over killing animals, whether it's hunting game or the breeding and slaughter of commercial livestock. *sigh*

I love the taste of meat and other animal products, but the humaneness, or lack thereof, of killing the animals bothers me, particularly when I am on-again vegan. At the moment, I am 100% omnivorous, wishing I knew a hunter who goes after the growing population of wild boar we have here. A boar roast would be awesome.

Around here at least, not sure if the same everywhere else, you can only hunt certain times of the year, and are only allowed a set number of kills. If you hunt off season or go over what you are allowed you can be fined and lose your hunting license. There was one year the deer were so few each hunter was only allowed one. My boss didn't like that, he will usually give some of the meat to family and friends. He offered me some but I politely declined. He even cuts it up himself, I'll spare everyone what tool he used. He usually hunts deer and moose.

@ Callie, I'm so sorry, I kind of laughed when you mentioned your brother-in-law trying to chase you with a turkey. Just the image seemed amusing though I doubt it was at all. I'm ready for my clubbing now.

:club:

Lost Drifter said:
Never understood this hunting for food excuse. Granted a couple of hundred years ago hunting was necessary but are you telling me that some modern era moron packing his expensive guns in a fuel guzzling SUV needs to go out to hunt for food to survive?

Shouldn't you also be saying that you don't understand this farming animals for food excuse, either?

If you hunt animals for sport you are a gutless, brain dead, small cock, *NO*, *NO*, *NO*, *NO*, *NO*, K-mart shopping, generic beer swilling piece of worthless sub human honeysuckle, who would do the world a favour by killing themselves.

*Please refrain from inappropriate offensive comments like the ones you made. I doubt you'd like it if someone said those things about something you enjoy.

Latest posts

Back