Your wasted talents

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tear of the Goddess

Reaction score
So what is your wasted talent?

Mine is my talent for speed especially motorsports, i always been fast in different sports (such as skiing, kitesurfing etc.) but racing is my talent and passion. I started with racing in go-karts when i was 5, my father had a karting and was experienced with the racing world. He always worked for race teams and even did 1 year in formula 1 (obviously not as a driver), so this did go on till i was 10. i already won several races etc. at this point and we had some seriously plans voor the Dutch championship, unfortunately the investors of the karting didnt want my father in the company anymore (he was more of a racer than a business man) and they decided to kick him out.

So this ment my dad didnt had the finances anymore to support me with go-karting and i have never done anything with it anymore, ive just gone go-karting several times, so did i yesterday and put down the top 8 (probably will rise into the top20 because its just halfway in the month) time for the month and this pretty much confirmed my speed again. It makes me more sad than happy tbh and felt like venting my frustration.

So again: what is your wasted talent?

When I was around 15 or 16 I begun playing chess. About a few years later, I was playing awesome chess. Improving fast and racking up wins left and right. Travelling to play in tournaments.

Sadly, I got into drugs and liquor and it put me on the sidelines for years. I gave up chess and started drinking and getting high on a daily basis. I still play chess today, but am nowhere near as strong as I was before.

Sometimes I look back and think about all the potential I had and it saddens me, but I love the game, so I continue to play as often as possible.

I used to figureskate and could have competed but never pursued any of that. But, I have always liked doing it for fun so maybe not a "waste".

Drawing I guess. I don't do it for money or professionally, just for fun and my own amusement.

i joined band in middle school and learned to play the alto sax very, very well. i was the most distinguished musician at my school. i still play, but not nearly as much as i used to. i used to play every day, but now i only play every here and there, and i'm not nearly as good at it as i used to be. i can't even read sheet music anymore :/

also, i was a really good artist. i used to draw pretty much every day in my youth. i can still manage to draw a pretty good, but again, not as well as before.

DesertWolf said:
SophiaGrace said:
Talent? What talent? I have no talent. Therefor nothing has been wasted.

Maybe you just haven't discovered it yet. :)

I tend to think of talent as being innate. I have "skills" I am working on. Such as writing/my vocabularly.

I should have continued with music somehow. But after high school, I just let it go. I had too much on my mind and I was going through too much - literally - to even consider what to do for my future. However, although I think I had a touch of talent musically, my passion leans towards design.

I also let music go after high school. :( Also a few foreign languages. My biggest wasted talent though is probably programming. I used to be really into it and I would program constantly in high school and a little after. Now it's just another one of those skills of mine that will keep withering away with time.

VanillaCreme said:
I should have continued with music somehow. But after high school, I just let it go. I had too much on my mind and I was going through too much - literally - to even consider what to do for my future. However, although I think I had a touch of talent musically, my passion leans towards design.

so design music? <.< >.>

kamya said:
I also let music go after high school. :( Also a few foreign languages. My biggest wasted talent though is probably programming. I used to be really into it and I would program constantly in high school and a little after. Now it's just another one of those skills of mine that will keep withering away with time.

Towards programming you should be like "never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you!"

Let's see, I use to play piano for 5 years and quit, I played trumpet for 6 years and quit, I sang in the choir at school for 3 years and quit, I was a perfect marksman in the Air Force and only stayed my signed time.

The piano, I could hear a song and then go pick it out on the piano with no sheet music, was the same with the trumpet. I love singing. I also like shooting guns (hehe), I really miss that.

SophiaGrace said:
VanillaCreme said:

so design music? <.< >.>

Interior design.

I have bugger all musical skills but I can speak five languages, fly a helicopter and have a 5-dan Kendo grade. I also make a mean quiche.

Soon my pretties, when the apocalypse hits, you’ll need a man of my wasted talents.

VanillaCreme said:
SophiaGrace said:
VanillaCreme said:

so design music? <.< >.>

Interior design.

the joke fell like a flat musical note

I never got my marksman while I was in the USAF.

I also used to play a lot of chess.
I beat PC chess games on the hardest level several times.

I also did a lot of programming in Q basic.
I started writting music or created those sounds effects for games.
I did 3D cad for a while. Mess with graphics for a while.
Here's example of my work...You could download the models for free.
models.jpg

Heres a vedio I made using photolistic back ground for a flight sim.
I also wrote and recorded that song.
Solo starts @ 2:24...I shread through A minor.
[youtube]mLti1cNl1O8[/youtube]

I havnt been able to play my guitar for a while.
Renae knows its a part of me. I played since I was a kid.
Shes not too happy that i havnt.
Yes,...wasted talent
I since taken up photography. Im an artist.
cuttn1-1.jpg

Lonesome Crow said:

models.jpg

Renae knows its a part of me.
cuttn1-1.jpg

Holy shiat LC, you were in the AF? What rank?

Hoffy said:
Lonesome Crow said:

models.jpg

Renae knows its a part of me.
cuttn1-1.jpg

Holy shiat LC, you were in the AF? What rank?
Chess huh? I love that game!

Yes, Hoff...
thats when my Head Banging rock star career took a major detour.
They saved my head :(
Uncel Sam decided Id be better off...punching numbers all day.
E4....Dyess AFB TX. My **** CO knew I was trouble the first
day she picked my up...I had the 6 string on my back instead of my duffle bag.lol

Yes LK,
The girl i lost my viginity to was an amzing chess player.
We used to go to a chess club. She kicked my ass so I had
to practice a lot on the PC or other electronics chess games.

Latest posts

Back