I Feel so odd

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senjina

Reaction score
Ok so several months ago i met a guy on fb. We connected threw minecraft and got really close through playing online and talking. Both our facebooks said we talked to eachother the most and we liked talking to eachother and still do to a point. The thing is is that he lives in the netherlands and me in the usa but we always knew when to talk to eachother. at one point we talked about food and he sent me some of his native food and it also came with a special wolf necklace. I thought we could be boyfriend and girlfriend but we never progressed far and he also said he would come to the us to see me. but then about 2 weeks ago i saw alot of posts talking about his best friend Denise and i thought it was just that cause he had helped her out of some hard times and i thought that was great but a few days ago i saw him post that he was in a relationship and it made me sad. im not sure what to think but i still cherish the necklace he sent me. and he had also had one girlfriend before this.

I'm sorry you're so sad...unfortunately internet 'connections' can be unforgiving...chalk it up to a memorable experience and a wolf necklace that you cherish as a token of friendship...

It looks like he just really, really values you as a good friend and doesn't see it as anything else.

Either that or he was keeping his options open (you and Denise) and he went with the Denise option.

It makes sense for him to choose Denise because it sounds like he was closer to Denise, it didn't "progress far" with you as you put it and it's easier to choose someone who lives near you than someone in another country.

That wouldn't necessarily mean he wouldn't want to keep being friends, but obviously it might be a bit of a challenge for you in either case. If you do manage to keep talking to him it's best to follow DVEEUS' advice.

I think a lot of people know the "odd" feeling you have. Hope you feel better soon.

Well, I agree with Therapon. He may only see you as a friend and/or he was keeping his options open.
Maybe ask him about it?

Senjina said:
Ok so several months ago i met a guy on fb. We connected threw minecraft and got really close through playing online and talking. Both our facebooks said we talked to eachother the most and we liked talking to eachother and still do to a point. The thing is is that he lives in the netherlands and me in the usa but we always knew when to talk to eachother. at one point we talked about food and he sent me some of his native food and it also came with a special wolf necklace. I thought we could be boyfriend and girlfriend but we never progressed far and he also said he would come to the us to see me. but then about 2 weeks ago i saw alot of posts talking about his best friend Denise and i thought it was just that cause he had helped her out of some hard times and i thought that was great but a few days ago i saw him post that he was in a relationship and it made me sad. im not sure what to think but i still cherish the necklace he sent me. and he had also had one girlfriend before this.

How does Facebook say when you talk to someone the most?

And yes, I had something like this happen last year. I got close to someone online for a while and thought I was getting somewhere but it didn't work out. It hurts badly, and while I'm not ready to give up, it's just lousy....so I sympathize with you.

Sometimes these things don't work out. I hope you can stay friends with him.

Latest posts

Back