When I was insulted here.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
Recently, an incident came up in India, where a girl posts a photo of a guy and says, " This guy made abusive comments on me in the middle of the road, and worse is, no one stood up, spread the photo so that the guys life is ruined. All men are same"
And all the media, all the women insulted him, abused him. His life was literally ruined. At his college, in front of his parents, teachers, elders. And women, like they are the goddesses of truth, innocence and etc., filled with adrenaline, attacked him verbally as if he was a terrorist. He was called rapist, pervert, criminal, etc. by the media.
He was arrested. But tables turned when he explained his own point of view, which clearly stated that he was innocent.
And the media didn't bother to show the news. Why?
Why wasn't he asked his views before being punished? What if he wants the time he spent in jail? Just because he is a male? Do we have to face insults just because we are men?

And most importantly why wasn't she insulted for telling "All men are same", when I was insulted when I told same about women here? Although, in both of the cases, we know that me and her, didn't mean to, but it was out of anger.
Well, I spoke about 99.99% of women, and she spoke about 100% men. So she has insulted more people than I did.
And the moderator was too busy to reply.

I know that this thread is going to be closed anyway, because I appear to be speaking against the moderator and the person who insulted me first, I am just expressing what I feel.

And if I am mentioning a specific person by writing the word "moderator", this has already happened before by someone else, so you may want to punish that person too. If you want to know who did it, you can send me a PM, and you wont be happy to know who did it.

Insulting one more percentage than someone else doesn't make the person better or worse. I don't really care about the situation with the abusive comments, mostly because if she felt so offended by it, she should have stood up for herself. Why wait for everyone else to do it? I know I stand up for myself when I feel it's necessary. So I have zero sympathy for people who want to play victim.

But, other than that, it's mostly society. News usually only show one side. They typically are very one sided: One party was guilty of this, this, and this, yet the other party was just as innocent as can be. That's how most of these news stories are. If you're talking about a specific thread on this very forum, please feel free to point it out in a PM to any of the moderators. Because generalizing is frowned upon here. If you're talking about any other forum, then we really can't help you.

You are on the internet. That happens in every aspect of social media. I get insulted all the time on here when people say things like "All teachers are horrible" it's like oh gee thanks for saying I am horrible.

Plus, I personally am bitter. I think there are people on this forum that are bitter against men, women, teachers, bosses, etc, and they have gotten the same crap from them for so long that to them they are "All the same" it's because they don't experience anything different in their live.

I just move on to the next subject and not get too insulted over pixals.

Men are worth less than honeysuckle to society, that's why.

So you are comparing something that happened here to something that happened in the media?

Okay.

You do realize that moderators here are just moderators HERE. We can't moderate the media in your area. Also, when either sex makes generalized comments about either sex and we either catch it or it is reported, and deemed to be such, we do say something to them. So your accusations are incorrect.

Going far afield here...but maybe this will grant M a wider perspective on the root of the matter.

Every piece of news concerning harassment, abuse and rape of women is handled in a rather extreme way these days. Here why I think it happens: In the past women were not allowed to speak up about these matters at all, especially when things happened within their own four walls where it was private business how a man handles "arguments" in the family. Now that they finally have the power and courage to speak up (in some countries at least), there are always those who abuse this right to cry wolf since not believing their claims - even if they are not backed up by evidence beyond their mere statements - is considered 'victim blaming'. But this is especially fickle when it comes down to rape, cause it's either not reported at all or too late when there is no physical evidence on the crime left. Yet every accusation has to be taken seriously.

There's an interesting point one of my favorite cabaret artists brought up...that maybe there is so little trust in the justice system or so much fear that the claims by actual victims are brushed aside, people need to be preemptively lynched by the (social) media mob, so true justice is served. Whether innocent lives are ruined that way or not...who cares, these are not their lives at stake. And most of the time, the crime is so far away it's not even tangible for those participating in these online lynchings. On top of that, blunt generalization is the death of every reasonable dialogue but once the mob is raging, nobody cares about dialogue anymore. Then we're thrown back into the middle ages where all they want is blood.

Now the reason why I wanted to reply in the first place...

Xpendable said:
Men are worth less than honeysuckle to society, that's why.

Saying that is like brushing aside centuries of actual misogyny on every level of society where women were worth nothing more than a bag of beans or their ability to bear children. In many countries they still are nothing more than that. That's why feminism happened, yet that well has been poisoned with misandrists screaming patriarchy and rape culture at any given opportunity. Instead of aiming for equal rights and respect, they just want to turn the tables 180° and by marking yourself as honeysuckle, it's like surrendering to their attempt to undermine all dialogue.

I guess it always has to be taken to extremes, but to each his own. On the day when neither gender is trying to dominate the other or self-victimizes itself, we'll have peace and more importantly: real equality.

PS: Oh, and on the day when newscasters stop saying "More than 100 dead - among them many women and children"...

Rodent said:
That's why feminism happened, yet that well has been poisoned with misandrists screaming patriarchy and rape culture at any given opportunity. Instead of aiming for equal rights and respect, they just want to turn the tables 180° and by marking yourself as honeysuckle, it's like surrendering to their attempt to undermine all dialogue.

Is they who mark us as honeysuckle.

Rodent said:
PS: Oh, and on the day when newscasters stop saying "More than 100 dead - among them many women and children"...

Exactly. 100 die but only woman and children are worth mentioning.

Xpendable said:
Rodent said:
That's why feminism happened, yet that well has been poisoned with misandrists screaming patriarchy and rape culture at any given opportunity. Instead of aiming for equal rights and respect, they just want to turn the tables 180° and by marking yourself as honeysuckle, it's like surrendering to their attempt to undermine all dialogue.

What?

Xpendable said:
Rodent said:

Is it not sad to you when children die?

Xpendable said:

And you are repeating what they say, thinking that's what everyone says. But they are just a bunch of firestarters.

Xpendable said:

Worth mentioning seperately. I'm not sure if it still happens on every occasion, but it happens. Blah-blah, the media sucks. Well, we don't live in society of real equality. That's old news and I don't like it either. Doesn't mean I have to bend down to it and repeat how much less I'm worth because the media or this obscure "society" tells me so. Cause I know not everyone thinks this way and that's what counts for me. There have been discussions related to this topic before. Here, might provide an interesting read: *Click*

Sigh.

Should I even bother to give you my point of view?

No.

I won't.

Rodent said:
And you are repeating what they say, thinking that's what everyone says. But they are just a bunch of firestarters.

They don't just say it, they act upon it. Misandry today is applied empirically.

Rodent said:
Well, we don't live in society of real equality. That's old news and I don't like it either. Doesn't mean I have to bend down to it and repeat how much less I'm worth because the media or this obscure "society" tells me so.

I'm not repeating. I have the idea that many people don't know this, so I point it out. When did I say I believed men were honeysuckle? I just said that's how they see us.

Rodent said:
Cause I know not everyone thinks this way and that's what counts for me.

Are they a majority?

Xpendable said:
They don't just say it, they act upon it. Misandry today is applied empirically.

...so what are you gonna do about it? I know it happens. Just as misogyny, racism and random violence happens.

Xpendable said:
I'm not repeating. I have the idea that many people don't know this, so I point it out. When did I say I believed men were honeysuckle? I just said that's how they see us.

Well, I heard and read that stuff tons of times before so it's repetition for me. I heard "All women are whores" just as much as "Kill/castrate all men". But who are they?

Xpendable said:
Are they a majority?

Frankly, I don't give a honeysuckle.

Xpendable said:
But it means they make the rules.

What rules? The rules of attraction? Do they define your individual value as a person and in conclusion the value who have towards any other person in society since we all blindly obey their rules?

Xpendable said:
ladyforsaken said:
That's only how you want to see it. They don't make the rules. You do, for your own sake.

You know these people have literally made legislations, right? Like real rules that can have legal repercussions.

http://www.dadi.org/ms-fits.htm

If you start making that kind of argument, you know there is no end to it...we'll just toss lists of who is the more oppressed gender back and forth. I already pointed out in my first post how neither kind of extremism is a solution. I think that many of us are aware of how some legislations are tilted in favor of women and I don't find the whole "Guilty until proven innocent" guideline in that department fair or justified either. But you have to question why it's in effect and the answer is rather simple if you take rape for example...females are raped more often by men than the other way around. Same with domestic violence. More women are victims of it than men. It's rooted in how things went in the past and how a women was not allowed to speak up. Yes, the way these laws have been formulated is rather screwy and is a dooropener for all sorts of misuse and yes, they are in dire need of an update. Such is the case with many laws though.

The only important thing to me is: Based on these legislations you say they declare all men as honeysuckle - and that's what I oppose.

Now I'm not sure if you're aware of it, so I'll point it out...most of the time, you seem to make it all about male oppression. It's like women are wholly privileged in your world. Maybe you are just not saying it cause you take knowledge of female oppression for granted and as you said you point things out since people don't seem to be aware of.

Rodent said:
If you start making that kind of argument, you know there is no end to it...we'll just toss lists of who is the more oppressed gender back and forth.

No, just presenting it to the people that think male oppression doesn't exist to begin with.

Rodent said:
But you have to question why it's in effect and the answer is rather simple if you take rape for example...females are raped more often by men than the other way around. Same with domestic violence. More women are victims of it than men.

There's actually others studies that disprove this as well. But false narratives are not the point to you. Women don't have these sort of laws against them, but we are supposed to call it a tie and move on because naming male oppression isn't a solution?

Rodent said:
Yes, the way these laws have been formulated is rather screwy and is a dooropener for all sorts of misuse and yes, they are in dire need of an update. Such is the case with many laws though.

Feel free to wait until someone dares to question those laws.

Rodent said:
Now I'm not sure if you're aware of it, so I'll point it out...most of the time, you seem to make it all about male oppression.

Most of the time... like in the past two hours?
I like how pointing out male disadvantages unequivocally means that I'm disregarding female disadvantages.

Rodent said:
It's like women are wholly privileged in your world.

In the western world they are.

Rodent said:
Maybe you are just not saying it cause you take knowledge of female oppression for granted and as you said you point things out since people don't seem to be aware of.

Assumptions won't help your case.

Xpendable said:
Rodent said:
Now I'm not sure if you're aware of it, so I'll point it out...most of the time, you seem to make it all about male oppression.

Most of the time... like in the past two hours?
I like how pointing out male disadvantages unequivocally means that I'm disregarding female disadvantages.

Umm, I don't think it's just in the past two hours. I think you generally hold this mindset/outlook across your posts over some time now. It's not just in this thread. Similar opinions in different cases.

Rodent said:
Xpendable said:
ladyforsaken said:
That's only how you want to see it. They don't make the rules. You do, for your own sake.

You know these people have literally made legislations, right? Like real rules that can have legal repercussions.

http://www.dadi.org/ms-fits.htm

If you start making that kind of argument, you know there is no end to it...we'll just toss lists of who is the more oppressed gender back and forth. I already pointed out in my first post how neither kind of extremism is a solution. I think that many of us are aware of how some legislations are tilted in favor of women and I don't find the whole "Guilty until proven innocent" guideline in that department fair or justified either. But you have to question why it's in effect and the answer is rather simple if you take rape for example...females are raped more often by men than the other way around. Same with domestic violence. More women are victims of it than men. It's rooted in how things went in the past and how a women was not allowed to speak up. Yes, the way these laws have been formulated is rather screwy and is a dooropener for all sorts of misuse and yes, they are in dire need of an update. Such is the case with many laws though.

The only important thing to me is: Based on these legislations you say they declare all men as honeysuckle - and that's what I oppose.

Now I'm not sure if you're aware of it, so I'll point it out...most of the time, you seem to make it all about male oppression. It's like women are wholly privileged in your world. Maybe you are just not saying it cause you take knowledge of female oppression for granted and as you said you point things out since people don't seem to be aware of.

+1

Xpendable said:
No, just presenting it to the people that think male oppression doesn't exist to begin with.

I didn't see anyone here who claimed it doesn't exist. Did you assume nobody knows?

Xpendable said:
There's actually others studies that disprove this as well. But false narratives are not the point to you. Women don't have these sort of laws against them, but we are supposed to call it a tie and move on because naming male oppression isn't a solution?

And then we can debate forever which study is more trustworthy...and we'll be back at square one. I'm not asking you to move on either. I feel more inclined to ask you to stop whining about it on an internet forum like a broken record.

Yes, women don't have these sort of laws against them. What's the catch? They got other laws in the same or in other countries against them.

Xpendable said:
Feel free to wait until someone dares to question those laws.

Well, you are questioning them but nothing more and that's no solution. Are you waiting for someone to take the fight to next level for you? You seem to hold all these facts and ideas and you're doing nothing with them except pointing them out to the "uninformed population".

Xpendable said:

I saw you shifting the focus to male disadvantages/oppression at many occasions before. Maybe not speaking in one-liners and nitpicking individual sentences would make things a little more lucid too...see the last question.

Xpendable said:
In the western world they are.

If you say so...I guess I see it a bit different since I live in the western world. I don't feel particularly oppressed.

Xpendable said:
Assumptions won't help your case.

Then spill it and say the word for heaven's sake...why do I hear you speak about male oppression exclusively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back