When I was insulted here.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lolfeminism.

To me it's more the criminal overreach of the media, where guilt can be assigned arbitrarily and judgements are based on feelings and instincts. Rule of thumb, if someone is declared guilty by the media and there is any doubt whatsoever in the case, s/he is being railroaded.

A while back around where I live a homeless man was arrested for killing someone just for being in the wrong place, leaving the actual killer free to knife a few more women. The only reason the homeless man was let off was because the killer bragged about everything he did. If I were thinking conspiratorially, I would wager the actual killer and motive behind it was obfuscated, and once the original cover story wasn't holding up, the police found an actual killer to take responsibility.

Nothing is what it appears to be. You have to remember when you watch or read or hear any media, you're listening to highly trained and skilled liars and manipulators. Even a truthful story is only told in a way that suits their agenda and the message they want to impress upon the listener.

So yeah, ultimately Xpendable is right - men are worth less than honeysuckle to society, and that message is drummed into society constantly. If it makes the feminists feel better, women are only worth slightly more than honeysuckle to society in the eyes of media, but it so happens that it's easier to shame men into fear and submission over things like this. Levelling those charges against a woman wouldn't make sense to most people, at most they would think she was mentally ill or something.

A few people on this forum are just like the trained liars, and are willing to shame someone to solidify their own status. It happens to me. When it does, it's best not to engage such people directly, since they've already decided that I am a sub-human and no reasons will ever change that. Those that really make a point to humiliate me are fortunately rare, most people just see me as sub-human, insult me and then are done with the thread when I get too uppity.

Thank you Rodent for acknowledging misogyny. Let's not forget that women are still being treated like they're worthless. Countless women are still stoned to death, female babies killed, child brides, bride burning, the list goes on. Let's not undermine their suffering by making generalizations based on the actions of a few nasty women.

And why even make such generalizations when all it does is incite hate and bitterness in yourself and others?

VanillaCreme said:
Insulting one more percentage than someone else doesn't make the person better or worse. I don't really care about the situation with the abusive comments, mostly because if she felt so offended by it, she should have stood up for herself. Why wait for everyone else to do it? I know I stand up for myself when I feel it's necessary. So I have zero sympathy for people who want to play victim.

But, other than that, it's mostly society. News usually only show one side. They typically are very one sided: One party was guilty of this, this, and this, yet the other party was just as innocent as can be. That's how most of these news stories are. If you're talking about a specific thread on this very forum, please feel free to point it out in a PM to any of the moderators. Because generalizing is frowned upon here. If you're talking about any other forum, then we really can't help you.

As usual, I didn't read yours.

Xpendable said:
Men are worth less than honeysuckle to society, that's why.

As you can see.

Nicolelt said:
You are on the internet. That happens in every aspect of social media. I get insulted all the time on here when people say things like "All teachers are horrible" it's like oh gee thanks for saying I am horrible.

Plus, I personally am bitter. I think there are people on this forum that are bitter against men, women, teachers, bosses, etc, and they have gotten the same crap from them for so long that to them they are "All the same" it's because they don't experience anything different in their live.

I just move on to the next subject and not get too insulted over pixals.

And the more we try to explain ourselves, the worse it gets. For eg. if I say something which happens inappropriate to an important group they would say, "No, just dont speak a word. All the world has understood how shameless and senseless nature you have. You are arrogant, rude, etc. etc."

But man, listen to us first.
Thats what they dont get.

Sci-Fi said:
So you are comparing something that happened here to something that happened in the media?

Okay.

You do realize that moderators here are just moderators HERE. We can't moderate the media in your area. Also, when either sex makes generalized comments about either sex and we either catch it or it is reported, and deemed to be such, we do say something to them. So your accusations are incorrect.

I showed my thread to my sister who is 9 years old. Even she realized that I am not talking about the media or the moderator. I an expressing how biased is the human nature..
From that I could already judge that a person with average IQ would understand what I mean ro say.

You find it insulting? Well, before closing the thread and punishing me for my life, just for once, imagine yourself on my place and consider reading the rhread that you closed.

Thanks.

Xpendable said:
Exactly. 100 die but only woman and children are worth mentioning.

I am afraid that your post will be closed.

M_also_lonely said:
I showed my thread to my sister who is 9 years old. Even she realized that I am not talking about the media or the moderator. I an expressing how biased is the human nature..
From that I could already judge that a person with average IQ would understand what I mean ro say.

You find it insulting? Well, before closing the thread and punishing me for my life, just for once, imagine yourself on my place and consider reading the rhread that you closed.

Thanks.

That just tells me that you have the same capacity of understanding as a 9 year old. That doesn't put her on your level; That puts you on hers. Perhaps once you learn that the internet in total isn't moderated, then maybe you can explain that to her as well. You seem to take the internet way too seriously.

Veruca said:
Thank you Rodent for acknowledging misogyny. Let's not forget that women are still being treated like they're worthless. Countless women are still stoned to death, female babies killed, child brides, bride burning, the list goes on. Let's not undermine their suffering by making generalizations based on the actions of a few nasty women.

And why even make such generalizations when all it does is incite hate and bitterness in yourself and others?

True. These things shall not happen. Infact, we also have an NGO called "MARD" which means "MAN", which stops these kind of acts on women. But the problem is, there is no point in ruinung the life of a person who has not done anything wrong.I have seen a case where a man attempts rape on a girl, and few students try to stop him, the man runs away. By the time, police arrests the students. They get brutally beaten before launching FIR. Is that fair? Even the girl doesnt say that they saved her.And the guys didnt even get a chance to speak. The girl says, " who knows they could do that too. All men are same". As they return from the jail, one of the guys says that, "Incase I find it happening again, I would turn away my head, instead of trying to help her"

Look, we lost a person who earlier respected women.
All I am saying is, "Humans, that gave the girl a chance to speak, should give a chance to the guy to speak too." Thats all.
In my case here, I wasnt given the chance to justify meant. As soon as the other person completed her reply, they closed the thread.

VanillaCreme said:
M_also_lonely said:

Thanks.

That just tells me that you have the same capacity of understanding as a 9 year old.

Really? Thats what you think? Wow, glad to know this. I am so happy.
You know, a person with a kid's mind is more creative than adults. You made my day.

VanillaCreme said:
That just tells me that you have the same capacity of understanding as a 9 year old. That doesn't put her on your level; That puts you on hers. Perhaps once you learn that the internet in total isn't moderated, then maybe you can explain that to her as well. You seem to take the internet way too seriously.

Well I'm glad you wrote that because that's what I was kind of thinking to myself.

M_also_lonely said:
True. These things shall not happen. Infact, we also have an NGO called "MARD" which means "MAN", which stops these kind of acts on women. But the problem is, there is no point in ruinung the life of a person who has not done anything wrong.I have seen a case where a man attempts rape on a girl, and few students try to stop him, the man runs away. By the time, police arrests the students. They get brutally beaten before launching FIR. Is that fair? Even the girl doesnt say that they saved her.And didnt even get a chance to speak. The girl says, " who knows they could do that too. All men are same". As they return from the jail, one of the guys says that, "Incase I find it happening again, I would turn away my head, instead of trying to help her"

What's an NGO? What in the world are you talking about?

VanillaCreme said:
M_also_lonely said:

Thanks.

That just tells me that you have the same capacity of understanding as a 9 year old.

Really? Thats what you think? Wow, glad to know this. I am so happy.
You know, a person with a kid's mind is more creative than adults. You made my day.

Also your statement doesnt make a logical sense.

If you teach/show/explain something to a kid, who moves towards becoming whom? Doesnt the kid's mind progress in that? How can I become a kid if I show something to a kid and he/she gives an opinion.

Talking about capacity, yours and mine are same. I know I havent got enough. Talking about yours, I couldn't have said more indirectly in so many of my posts for you to understand that I am not comfortable with your replies. If you had more capacity, you would have already understood that and stopped replying to my posts.
Also, capacity of understanding ironies and indirect statments comes in a human after the age of 12. Just for your knowledge.

BeyondShy said:
VanillaCreme said:

Well I'm glad you wrote that because that's what I was kind of thinking to myself.

M_also_lonely said:
True. These things shall not happen. Infact, we also have an NGO called "MARD" which means "MAN", which stops these kind of acts on women. But the problem is, there is no point in ruinung the life of a person who has not done anything wrong.I have seen a case where a man attempts rape on a girl, and few students try to stop him, the man runs away. By the time, police arrests the students. They get brutally beaten before launching FIR. Is that fair? Even the girl doesnt say that they saved her.And didnt even get a chance to speak. The girl says, " who knows they could do that too. All men are same". As they return from the jail, one of the guys says that, "Incase I find it happening again, I would turn away my head, instead of trying to help her"

What's an NGO? What in the world are you talking about?

NGO means Non Governmental Organization.

I see this will probably go nowhere. If you just wanted to complain, perhaps you can say next time it's just a rant so you could save some people from posting when it's just you wanting to get things off your chest.

VanillaCreme said:
I see this will probably go nowhere. If you just wanted to complain, perhaps you can say next time it's just a rant so you could save some people from posting when it's just you wanting to get things off your chest.

Yeah but then you are taking away all his fun.

Oh dear, feminism blah blah!

Did you know that a black woman makes 0,66 $ for every 0,76$ a white woman makes for every 1$ a man makes?
Did you know that 95% of domestic violence cases in my country are the man being the violent one?
Did you know that the Netherlands finally iniated a law where if you catcall someone, you'll get a fine?
Did you know my country established a telephone line for men who are suffering domestic violence or just got raped? It's something feminists had been asking for LONG time.

What about in India, the brother who went off with a married woman, causing his sisters obeyed to be publically raped?
What about all the girls that get raped and people say "It's your own fault, did you see what you were wearing" Why?
Why do some countries have to establish a women only train just to keep them safe?

Did you know that feminists are asking for plus size male models? Why do some campings have locks on the female showers?

I don't think feminists (aside from the sometimes go-over-board-types) want what you guys are implying. They want equality, really. And people with mindsets like yours, is exactly why they need it.

I don't go around bashing males, I know there are decent men. My boyfriend is a feminist and so is his father and his entire family. In any case, why does it matter what gender raped who? No one should be raped. ****.

In most schools, girls aren't allowed to wear skirts, FOR THEIR SAFETY. What safety? Because little teenage boys can't keep their hormones under control? That is a problem. Why shouldn't they be allowed to wear skirts.

What about those banners at that frat school? That was a nice example of rape culture.
In Mexico, feminists were warned to be quiet or be killed.
Yeah, and let's not talk about the many men who find that men should be allowed to vote whether women should be allowed to have an abortion or not.

I think there's a big difference in the tone of some people their posts on here and the many feminists. Women on here tend to be generalized. Drawn off as evil because they won't return your romantic feelings, because they won't have sex with you and dear God, they are evil! How dare they ... reject you!

Stop generalizing women. Please. It's not attractive and a huge turn off if you say to your date "I think feminists are overreacting and the male gender is surpressed"

yeah ... ok.

Also, in my country, the woman who abused her husband for years, she got jailtime. Equally as men would. Please, if you want to speak up do some research.

What about those women in the IS-countries? They are just traded of as if they were a piece of meat. They are raped everyday. They are used just to give birth to their children, and if they don't want to, they get killed.

Did you know Amazon fires their pregnant employees?
Add: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/18/politics/women-navy-seals-report/

I'll stop at this one, but a study said that 1 in 3 men don't see rape as rape if there are no consequences. (link: http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/vio.2014.0022?journalCode=vio+)

BeyondShy said:
VanillaCreme said:

Why are you challenging a mod? Why would you do this? Why is picking a fight fun? Gah.

Rainbows said:

Did you know that a black woman makes 0,66 $ for every 0,76$ a white woman makes for every 1$ a man makes?
Did you know that 95% of domestic violence cases in my country are the man being the violent one?
Did you know that the Netherlands finally iniated a law where if you catcall someone, you'll get a fine?
Did you know my country established a telephone line for men who are suffering domestic violence or just got raped? It's something feminists had been asking for LONG time.
Did I ever mention that these things should happen with them?? Or they are appropriate?
Did I say that I am against feminists?
Infact, I have been asking for equality since the first post in this thread.
All I am saying is, the guy could have got a chance of speaking too, before he was insulted. Who knows, he respects every woman on earth, still he faces what he faced?

Do whatever you want. Punish men, put them to jail, anything. But after knowing the reality.
Rainbows said:
What about in India, the brother who went off with a married woman, causing his sisters obeyed to be publically raped?
What about all the girls that get raped and people say "It's your own fault, did you see what you were wearing" Why?
Why do some countries have to establish a women only train just to keep them safe?
Did you know that feminists are asking for plus size male models? Why do some campings have locks on the female showers?
These things are wrong. Because they reflectpartiality. But, I never said that these things going on with women are appropriate.
Rainbows said:
I don't think feminists (aside from the sometimes go-over-board-types) want what you guys are implying. They want equality, really.

Equality should be everywhere. That's what I am saying.
Rainbows said:
And people with mindsets like yours, is exactly why they need it.
No, ma'am, I know my mindset needs a lot of repairing. I am too dumb to even memorize my phone number. But I am not one of those people who consider males as dominant or better humans. I truly believe that women are much better than what it appears to many people. In many fields, women have/can/will always been/be/be better than men.
But that doesn't mean the guy shouldn't get a chance to speak. Or clarify, just once.

Although I found it insulting when you said, "People with mindsets like yours, is exactly why they need it.", tell me if anybody informs you that this may be insulting.
When I said something insulting, I was warned. Lets see how impartial the moderators are.

You can't understand anyone's mindset that soon. And without talking to her/him personally, even for once. Did you consider talking to me, what I mean and what I feel, before declaring about my mindset in front of the world??? No? Why?
Rainbows said:
I don't go around bashing males, I know there are decent men. My boyfriend is a feminist and so is his father and his entire family.
None of my business, ma'am. Although it is a good thing that your family believes in equality.
Rainbows said:
In most schools, girls aren't allowed to wear skirts, FOR THEIR SAFETY. What safety? Because little teenage boys can't keep their hormones under control? That is a problem. Why shouldn't they be allowed to wear skirts.
I haven't imparted such a rule. Also, without asking my opinion on this, you can't judge my mindset.

For the rest of your post, I would again say that I am not in the support of any wrong thing happening with women.
Thanks.

Rainbows said:
Drawn off as evil because they won't return your romantic feelings, because they won't have sex with you and dear God, they are evil! How dare they ... reject you!

Again, it is too early to judge anyone like that.

Rainbows said:
Why are you challenging a mod? Why would you do this? Why is picking a fight fun? Gah.
Clearly she/he is being sarcastic. What she/he means to say that I am trying to get attention by posting this thread.

Rainbows said:
Please, if you want to speak up do some research.
Same to you, ma'am.

http://www.askmen.com/daily/austin_100/136_fashion_style.html

http://www.fathermag.com/808/GenderBias.shtml

http://www.jaagore.com/power-of-49/how-gender-bias-is-dangerous-for-men

http://www.womenagainstmen.com/about

Again I would say, I am not against any woman or anyone's mindset.

^ I think you missed the point of her post. She wasn't saying that gender bias against men does not exist, she was merely refuting those in this thread who were diminishing the validity of feminism by pointing out a few of the many reasons why it is still needed.

From one of the articles you posted:

"Gender equality benefits all genders, not only women. Those fighting for women's rights are not fighting against men, but fighting against sexism, which hurts both men and women."

Dear M,

I get it. You feel that there is a bias against men because so far people have been siding the women without listening to the guys side of the story.

Firstly, dont take the pro feminism posts above personally. Most of them, from what I can tell are aimed at the guys who are generalizing negative statements about women. You say that you support equality, great! But when you generalize and say that men are not listened to because everyone sides women, of course its going to ruffle feathers. Now youbmay have not meant to generalize but I think to a lot of us here thats what it sounded like. I think its important to choose our words carefully so as to avoid misunderstanding.

Secondly, i dont know which post of yours was removed by a mod but we dont know if it had anything to do with gender bias. Maybe it just came off sounding rude and the mod took control. Nothing wrong with that. We've all said things we didnt meant to come out sounding as it did.

But if it really bothers you because you feel that they did so because you are man and you feel justice should be done then the best thing to do is to pm the mod in question and talk it out politely. And if you feel you need to let forum members know what really happened then talk about that with the mod too. Ask them if you can make a post about it.

Rainbows said:
BeyondShy said:
VanillaCreme said:

Um, pretty sure it was sarcasm....
wary.gif

Rainbows said:

I don't think feminists (aside from the sometimes go-over-board-types) want what you guys are implying. They want equality, really. And people with mindsets like yours, is exactly why they need it.

I don't go around bashing males, I know there are decent men. My boyfriend is a feminist and so is his father and his entire family. In any case, why does it matter what gender raped who? No one should be raped. ****.

What about those banners at that frat school? That was a nice example of rape culture.
In Mexico, feminists were warned to be quiet or be killed.
Yeah, and let's not talk about the many men who find that men should be allowed to vote whether women should be allowed to have an abortion or not.

I think there's a big difference in the tone of some people their posts on here and the many feminists. Women on here tend to be generalized. Drawn off as evil because they won't return your romantic feelings, because they won't have sex with you and dear God, they are evil! How dare they ... reject you!

Stop generalizing women. Please. It's not attractive and a huge turn off if you say to your date "I think feminists are overreacting and the male gender is surpressed"

yeah ... ok.

Also, in my country, the woman who abused her husband for years, she got jailtime. Equally as men would. Please, if you want to speak up do some research.

What about those women in the IS-countries? They are just traded of as if they were a piece of meat. They are raped everyday. They are used just to give birth to their children, and if they don't want to, they get killed.

Did you know Amazon fires their pregnant employees?
Add: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/18/politics/women-navy-seals-report/

I'll stop at this one, but a study said that 1 in 3 men don't see rape as rape if there are no consequences. (link: http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/vio.2014.0022?journalCode=vio+)

^1+ for what she said!!

TheRealCallie said:
Rainbows said:
BeyondShy said:
VanillaCreme said:

Um, pretty sure it was sarcasm....
wary.gif

Oooh, sorry then. Didn't mean to lash out at ya xoxo

Veruca said:
Dear M,

I get it. You feel that there is a bias against men because so far people have been siding the women without listening to the guys side of the story.
I like here what you did. You stopped for a while before replying, looked at it from my side. Thanks. Why doesn't everyone do that?
Veruca said:
Most of them, from what I can tell are aimed at the guys who are generalizing negative statements about women.
But problem is, they consider me among those guys. Not everyone, but many. Some of them are so smart, that they scanned through my brain and judged my mentality and put it out in front of the world. Without having ever talked to me, they can judge my mindset.

I have been insulted too. But who gives a fresia.But when I will something rude, everyone will frown upon me.
Veruca said:
Nothing wrong with that.
Something can be wrong if it gets blocked as I am sleeping and next day, when I wake up and see, everyone has justified themselves but me, the post gets closed. And not only that, then anything I post, gets closed, this happened 2-3 times after that.
Veruca said:
the best thing to do is to pm the mod in question and talk it out politely.
The guy is too busy to reply. Never mind, I have stopped focusing on that issue. And its better that it is not discussed anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back