Waking up angry.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bedroom faces East. Every morning the sun beams through my window and onto my bed, it heats up my room but feels and looks lovely. I can't help but wake up feeling at least somewhat good about myself. Then again mornings are the best part of my day, eventually reality kicks in and the day usually get worse from there.

Another suggestion would be wake up next to someone you care about, but that's not always possible

i rotate early morning shifts and day side shifts for work. i use to cover all four shifts for 24 hours... but now only two. i put card board over my windows to block the sunlight... i use a cell phone for an alarm, set for 3 separate hours, like 6 AM, 7AM, and 8AM. i wake up at 6 like OMG plz god no... at 7 like AHH no... 8 like, sigh... disappointed. then i reset the alarm for 9 AM, and 10 AM sometimes 11 AM and by 10 or 11 im thankful and pretty happy. i ignore day and night as i can sleep at any time, given the room is dark.

I used to do that. My mind would on auto pilot and the first thought that came into my mind
was a lot of hurt, hatered and anger.

There wasn't a silver bullet for me. It was a cambination of everything I did.

At first I would set time alone in the morning..to allow myself to vent or go crazy mad or cry
Eventaully I'd get back to my routine of morning meditations. It least it wasn't going ruin my entire day.
Never the less...I still hated waking up with angery thoughts and runing with it for 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
whatever how long I would carry on with my anger.

I started reaching out to people. Eventaully I ended up breaking down. Getting to the root of it. I cried my heart out
like a child as my friend held me very tight. I've only met her 1 month previousely. But she showed me her journal..
all of her hopes , dreams and secrets. It was trust building. I had alot of trust issues...especailly with women at that
time. She bascailly confronted me about my issues becuase she got sick and tired of seeing me in so much pains.
She too was going through sometype of termoil in her life. A months later she cried her heart out as I had to hold her.
She has major trust issues with men...

I also started excersizing in the morning. I'd go for a simple walk at a local park. Then i eventaully started jogging.
There were plenty of people out and about doing the samething I was doing.

I also came across many audio program, letting go, be positive, getting rid of guilt, abondance, brain waves, ultimate confidance, and many other
affirminations audio file....I got into a routine of listening to these MP3 files as soon as I awaken or before I go to bed.
Bascailly I had no control of what's going to pop into my mind as I awaken. And it was a struggle for me to get into a positive mode.
The audio files helped me. It was gradual...I say within 30-45 days I started feeling the positive effects.

I still listen to these programs as preventive maintenance. I still reads and journal. I still talk to my freind about whatever is bothering me.

I pray every morning for Michelle and Jordan ( ex-wf and daughter). I let go of everything. I make a consious decision the be happy everyday.
Chelle and I were able to make peace...Plus it helps when she calls me everymorning to tell me that she loves me. A majority of my issues leads back to
her and my daughter. I carried a lot of guilt, shame, hurt from our marriage. I was able to make my amends to her and actaully hear her state her truth.
She too carried some guilt, shame and hurt from our marriage. It was healing for both of us. We both needed this.

Latest posts

Back