1 is the loneliest number

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namelessone

Reaction score
What’s up peeps...im a newbie! I should have known there was a forum like this, why I didn’t join sooner is beyond me.

Im going to share so be gentle...

Over the last 10yrs I have been working from home...over that course of time I grew apart from my everyday friends and work friends were never a hang out option. My last couple of gf's made sure that whatever friends I had remaining were out of the picture. My last one left me about a month ago after she took everything from me and left me stranded.

Now normally, I am a very social person and have no issues meeting new friends...but I think I have gotten shell shock, because I really don’t want to reach out to anyone, including my family, anymore. Working in IT and the web I spend a lot of time on the net, and ultimately have met or become friends with a lot of ppl over the last several years...over the last year or so I have really moved away from that as well. Knowing fully well that this isn’t healthy, I am trying to reach out to peeps once again.

I’m extremely lonely at this point and have been for quite some time...and even though I know that a lot of it has to do with the way I am feeling right now and me being part of the problem of isolating myself...I figured I would join this group considering that some of you are lonely as well and maybe going thru or have gone thru a similar situations.

I am a very proud person and normally I would never ask and at 39, I never have...but I can use some help guys. Mainly trying to help me, I’m my darkest hours to overcome this as I can't really do it by myself anymore and have simply given up trying.

Anyway thx for listening and hopefully I can help one of you out with my vast stores of useless information and knowledge. If nothing else I can be a true friend.

thx

Welcome name, I'm also new and completely understanding of your dilemna. I've been through those same life lessons, and while it's difficult to pull yourself out of that type of circumstance, it's not impossible. I'm living proof of that.

Good luck to you and hope you enjoy your time here.

hey maybe you can interest me with some info about relationships is it as hard as people say they are. or is it a taste of heaven like it seems to me. i have never been in one, like ever.

Latest posts

Back