5 years of loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostsoul62

Reaction score
I got a divorce 5 years ago and we did have different houses and I tried to sell mine for 5 years and couldn't because of the housing crash and living in the Phoenix area. So at 63 I just got sick of it all and sold my house for half price and came up to Boise ID in a apartment on a 3 month lease and I still have 2 left but I'm still as lonely as I ever was. I meet 50 ladies thought match.com in 5 years and got 1 kiss and I'm not a bad looking guy. So now I will move again but the problem is no matter where I go I will be lonely and this is a problem I have not been able to solve in 5 years and I'm also a computer geek and I can solve all kinds of computer problems but after 5 years I still can't solve the loneliness problem.

Hiya lostsoul62, sorry to hear of your lonliness. I too recently have been feeling very lonely but in my case i think its because of my low self-esteem and extreme shyness. 50 dates in 5 years? I have had 0 dates in my whole life im now 23. :(

I am sorry that i cant give you some advice, i have no experience in what you have been through, some others on these forums may have some good advice. I hope your lonliness is overcome. Try staying optimistic, as hard as it can be it may be worth it.

Hi-
Just curious, how did you wind up in Boise?
I don't have any advice at the moment - welcome to the forum!

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Hi-
Just curious, how did you wind up in Boise?
I don't have any advice at the moment - welcome to the forum!

Teresa

How does anyone end up in any city? Reseach, Boise has nice weather, nice people, lots of greenery, and it's a great city but I can't stay anywhere very long, I have to keep moving because of my loneliness

lostsoul62--
It might help, a bit, if you did stay in one place for a little longer. It takes time to make friends and establish a familiar, social base. I certainly hope you find the answers and the happiness you are looking for. :)

Working on making friends instead of trying to find a replacement for your ex. You're too old (and I don't mean that in an offensive way) to be worried about the dating/partnering up stuff--you should be beyond that by now. I actually have quite a few friends your age, and they're all single, but they're very happy and have active social lives. You shouldn't have problems making friends in a place like Boise, especially if you know how to use a computer for networking.

Latest posts

Back