a short question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayfarer

Reaction score
just curious: does it qualify as 'cutting', if one uses their nails instead of blades?

It doesn't, if you use your nail its called "scratching" and everybody does that, but some do it too fiercely.

well yeah XD that's true. But I was referring to more fierce cases, as you said. Where nails can leave scars or just cause some blood to flow.

I would consider it the same as cutting, at least on an emotional and psychological level, because of the intention behind it.

Wayfarer said:
well yeah XD that's true. But I was referring to more fierce cases, as you said. Where nails can leave scars or just cause some blood to flow.
ofcourse it's equivalent to cutting, both are self-harm after all.

That is a form of self harm, yes. If you want to call it cutting is up to you. Personally i'm with TheReal.

Wayfarer said:
just curious: does it qualify as 'cutting', if one uses their nails instead of blades?

It is self harm. And depending on what type of nails you have It can hurt pretty bad.

Hmm, but I'm thinking why are you curious about cutting yourself? Is it normal curiousity or you're planning something, mate?

PenDragon said:
Wayfarer said:

It is self harm. And depending on what type of nails you have It can hurt pretty bad.

Hmm, but I'm thinking why are you curious about cutting yourself? Is it normal curiousity or you're planning something, mate?

Sorry to have worried you. We have already talked on skype but I thought I'll write this in case someone else wonders the same. And no, it's not about me, it's about a person I know. So no danger here. Thanks for worrying though.

EDIT: I guess I should have posted it in "general chat"

Latest posts

Back