Abusive nice guys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think a lot of us consider ourselves Nice Guys but not Nice Guys^tm, which is the problem with the article. But maybe lots of women have met the trademarked guy.
Hell, maybe the article is even good for highlighting the DIFFERENCE between nice guys and nice guysTM.

Deep inside I am a nice guy.

I believe that girls want a mix of the nice guy/bad guy personality. Chivalry is important, but not to such a big extent. Moderation is key in any relationship, IMHO. Call your girl, but don't ask her what she is doing every 5 minutes, trust her. Don't put all your focus on her, but again don't focus on her too little or she'll feel underappreciated. But yet again I have never been in a relationship. I only think, analyze and reason.

Exactly. I think you've got it down (as far as you can "have it down").

The important thing, that I've mentioned before, is that women don't mind nice, in fact, they love nice. But they also want confident and interesting*. *(Pheenix is not responsible for the feedback of girls outside the sketchy rule of thumb)

Pheenix said:
Exactly. I think you've got it down (as far as you can "have it down").

The important thing, that I've mentioned before, is that women don't mind nice, in fact, they love nice. But they also want confident and interesting*. *(Pheenix is not responsible for the feedback of girls outside the sketchy rule of thumb)

Haha :D

I like being nice. In the past, though, I have confused 'nice' with 'doormat.' Those are not the same.

IgnoredOne said:
I like being nice. In the past, though, I have confused 'nice' with 'doormat.' Those are not the same.

Agree, this is where the "bad guy" personality girls like kicks in. They smell confidence like a dog smells fear.

The problem is too many people confuse arrogance with confidence.
But anyway "The nice guy" term when considering relationships is just pointless really, it is such a huge generalisation. The context is totally lost because people will label someone a nice guy for anything. If you are just going to label yourself or someone else a nice guy then you should expect this person to be a morally sound, empathic, compassionate and generally a "nice" and kind person.

Some people really actually are nice people ofcourse and would not ever want to harm another person whether it is physically or mentally. The whole treat others how you would want to be treated thing.
I have been called a nice guy before multiple times but not in the context of relationships because I have never been in one. I have been called a nice guy in the context of general personality.

I think when a man is called a "Nice guy" then it should be in the context of their general personality otherwise it loses its meaning. It kind of annoys me in a way when people just throw these terms around... Seems to me there are also alot of people out there who think there is no such thing as a nice guy... as if it is a myth or something. lol

These people just hang around in the wrong crowd or/and have had bad experiences with people. Maybe they have trouble judging someones character.

This world is so **** paranoid nowadays.

I mean, it is a recognizable trait, because some people misguidedly see it as a legitimate relationship strategy. That bowing down and being nice no matter what is the way to go. But bowing down is not good. You should offer resistance where resistance is due.

Pheenix said:
I mean, it is a recognizable trait, because some people misguidedly see it as a legitimate relationship strategy. That bowing down and being nice no matter what is the way to go. But bowing down is not good. You should offer resistance where resistance is due.

A central issue is that society provides very incomplete signals to men as to the appropriate mating strategy. Modern society doesn't really offer any specific rites/trials of manhood, nor consistent mating codes - so we end up with a lot of confused men.

clearly written by someone who has no idea what a nice guy is.

its been explained in many other post before so im not gonne start that again.

she is right in many ways

I try not to make any pretense about being a "nice guy", I just try and let that side of me naturally show. it's genuine, I feel love, I cry. if i'm misunderstood because of guys like this (and I have unfairly pulled this sort of rubbish on girls in the past), what can I do it's just the way it is.

If the Devil shows at my fornt step
with a pitch fork and brimstone, I can
surely tell.....

Its when she shows up with big ass titays. Her lips whispering sweet milk and honey. Her touch sooth my
soul. She would do anything and everything for me..beyound my wildest dreams...For weeks to
months I would SLOWLY get captivated. As always I awaken
in Fcuken Hell after all is said and
done..

IgnoredOne said:
Pheenix said:

A central issue is that society provides very incomplete signals to men as to the appropriate mating strategy. Modern society doesn't really offer any specific rites/trials of manhood, nor consistent mating codes - so we end up with a lot of confused men.

I think a lot of people presume that nice means pushover, and they take the niceness for weakness. And that shouldn't be the case. Perhaps too many guys who are nice never stand up for themselves. No one should be overlooked or pushed over in a relationship.

There actually is a ritual, I suppose, but not in the traditional animal-like sense. Which is good, because we aren't animals. I think some guys need to also realize that as well. :p Just because you want to drool over a female doesn't mean you actually should. And learn to take a hint and get a clue when we say we aren't interested. No, it's not funny, and no, it never was. We just didn't want to tell you that you were being a jackass.

VanillaCreme said:
There actually is a ritual, I suppose, but not in the traditional animal-like sense. Which is good, because we aren't animals. I think some guys need to also realize that as well. :p Just because you want to drool over a female doesn't mean you actually should. And learn to take a hint and get a clue when we say we aren't interested. No, it's not funny, and no, it never was. We just didn't want to tell you that you were being a jackass.

Okay, I don't do this very often, but this time it is appropriate.

That's a load of cow manure.

There's no real ritual, no order, and its not as much animal as it is tribal and yes, fundamental to men. Unfortunately or otherwise, the present system is essentially chaos as far as most men are concerned.

I'm not going to get into any debate about morality but its obvious that even the most patriarchial societies offer plenty of safety for women and taboos for male behavior - but what else do they expect? Order. Structure. Absolute rules of when is acceptance, and what is expected for acceptance.

I don't know if its fair or not, but that is essentially the great difficulty of the modern man is that we are programmed, no, not just as animals, but very much as creatures that seek for some sort of clear, defined logic and order. The lack of that clear, defined logic is is what drives us nuts.

Why do you think that "PUA" artists go and begin to define every woman as a nine, ten, "onetitis", "HB" or whatever? Why do you think that men tend to define people as either 'nice guys' or 'bad boys'? Why do you think that in almost any organization dominated by males from the military to the Catholic church is also defined by rigid segmentation and clearly defined rules?

Its because especially as boys are 'becoming men', nothing quite makes sense as to catagorize, to simplify life into sets of rules and definitions of behavior where A leads to B, and B leads to C. It is to us, really, sanity.

We want to know what is "right", period. Should we be nice and accommodating as it is presented in some media? We seek a single central logic, especially as we are maturing, and that is why rites of manhood used to be so valuable in societies because they clearly defined what a man was, should be, and when a boy could be a man. The modern chaos inherently leads to insecurity for many who are simply unlucky, or listened to the wrong messages.

A society that educates men to be 'nice' and then punishes them for following the 'rules'(as far as they are concerned) is simply cruel, flagrantly hypocritical and more than that, irrational. It destroys one of the most fundamental male needs for order, and for an understandable world.

I don't suggest that there's anything better than what we have now, or more inherently fair. But it /is/ the central issue for the many, many boys that I've met and the underlying fault line of so many genuinely good and yet broken guys.

That whole PUA honeysuckle is just that - honeysuckle. And although everyone and every couple is different, there are certain things that we as people tend to do. For example, guy likes girl, guy asks girl out, they go on a date or two, they become a couple... All that fun stuff. That's not to say it happens to everyone. It didn't even happen to me. But it's a very typical vanilla story.

VanillaCreme said:
That whole PUA honeysuckle is just that - honeysuckle. And although everyone and every couple is different, there are certain things that we as people tend to do. For example, guy likes girl, guy asks girl out, they go on a date or two, they become a couple... All that fun stuff. That's not to say it happens to everyone. It didn't even happen to me. But it's a very typical vanilla story.

A typical story, yes. Its also a typical story that good prevails and evil is vanquished. In reality, Mao Zedong dies in comfort and the brave men who've died honorably in the defense of freedom can't even be buried properly.

I believe if it was objectively measured, that vanilla story is in no way an indication or perhaps even a realistic measure of effective coupling or mating strategy. It works well for some men, not at all for a significant other percentage, and yet is societally demanded and insisted as the universal method.

And for the PUA honeysuckle being honeysuckle, I'm not so sure. I might not agree with the message, but there have been studies done on it and most affirm that it does have efficacy - heck of a lot more than the usual message of "be yourself", at the least. The sheer insistence of people to believe that the world is fair, and that is what it often boils down to, when every measurement of reality indicates otherwise, is simply astounding.

But then again, I suppose that I and everyone else is just as good as ignoring reality once we sustain a belief.

All you gatta do is google Toxic relationship or abusiive rationship...

spmewhere along the line...someone
was playing fucken nice.....

it beyound the pick up line and first couple of dates honeysuckle....

people can put on thier best behaviors will dating....momths to years. Into the honey moon.

Finacail securoty is one of reasons
why most women stay in an abusive relationship ship.
All her needs get taking care off...which is very fucken nice...
but she cant stand on her own two feet years after into the relationship
so she stays in the abusive relationship..on the surface her partner seem so fuicken nice ansd friendly to the world...behind closse doors its real fucken nice.

Ask my EX WF..why she cant leave her nice husband...
Nice car. Nice house....real fucken nice. Real fucken happy she is

Years later how she still loves me cuz Im her fucken Bad boy.

Latest posts

Back